Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Sunday selection, Buzzer

Sunday second sitting, Buzzer

223863074_346691323697665_7922211873715935542_n.jpg

The late Norman Carrs tractor seat collection. Regards Larry.

Lomas  (1).JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:
0The late Norman Carrs tractor seat collection. Regards Larry.

I was sorry when Norman passed away Larry, I got on very well with him and his wife. He went ‘downhill’ when his lad died and was never the same. They ran the engine section at the ■■■■■■■ Steam event for a few years and our paths crossed a lot through the years at Driffield, Lincoln etc. He had engines, horticultural machinery, seats and bygones and you never knew what he was going to turn up with. :slight_smile: He told me all about when he drove for Mintos, they were a very nice couple.

Pete.

Hi Pete, Norman was a good friend of mine, He worked for Mintos a very long time, He was an all rounder he drove all their Tractor Timber Hauling out of the Forests, When Mintos finished he got a job at Jewsons on Hyab wagons, He lived close to me on the same estate, His son lives even closer in the same street as me. Regards Larry.

That looks very iffy to me NMP

FB_IMG_1627224252323.jpg

118403637_10220676835822579_3151979364562177776_n.jpg

Buzzer:
A few more as Covid is over and there are no other disasters happened in the world according to the BBC all that is important now is the Olympics, DOH

I would imagine that the ERF legger chassis hanging on the back of the P N Watts Foden is one or the other of these, looking a bit different now. Mr Watts is local to me and owns both of them, I often see him with them at the local shows.
Bernard

coomsey:

Well it looks like the Bedford has 10 stud wheels, Regards Larry.

Thanks to Suedehead, Buzzer, Lawrence Dunbar, coomsey and albion1938 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
To Larry…The Bedford Drivers Club, I still have my badge from 1953, the lapel badge long gone. Oh aye and this month you will have caught up on me again, Happy Birthday.
Oily

Mondays memories, Buzzer

Love this picture from 1910 of the ice cream seller in Holymoorside and the Bull’s head pub is still there as I checked on Google, Buzzer

Lawrence Dunbar:

coomsey:

Well it looks like the Bedford has 10 stud wheels, Regards Larry.

I suspect the only thing Bedford left on that is the cab.
Bernard

Tuesdays ten, Buzzer