Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer:
TGI Fridays collection, Buzzer

'How many have you owned ■■ ONE
the 1600E
Took it to Italy long ago, Mrs, kids, and a caravan. Broke a rear leaf spring on the tram lines it Turin. :open_mouth: A local garage helped me to lash it up, and it got me, Mrs, and the caravan back to Dewsbury.

Oh, and the kids got home as well. :smiley:

grumpy old man:

Buzzer:
TGI Fridays collection, Buzzer

'How many have you owned ■■ ONE
the 1600E
Took it to Italy long ago, Mrs, kids, and a caravan. Broke a rear leaf spring on the tram lines it Turin. :open_mouth: A local garage helped me to lash it up, and it got me, Mrs, and the caravan back to Dewsbury.

Oh, and the kids got home as well. :smiley:

Not a Lotus Mk1 but a GT
Had a 1600E
Never had a Mk3
Had a Mk4 2.0S
And a Mk 5 ghia
Would like a MK1 Lotus now though

Oily came across this on the net

Saturday slide show, Buzzer

Second sitting, Buzzer

Buzzer:

The pic of the Catto Atki looks to be parked in Theberton St with Liverpool Rd running across the top of the pic, Brays Transport Cafe close by…

Excellent stuff Buzzer! Great selection today! :slight_smile:

Guy Big J 8lxb:

Buzzer:

The pic of the Catto Atki looks to be parked in Theberton St with Liverpool Rd running across the top of the pic, Brays Transport Cafe close by…

That is a cracking pic.
What is that above the n/s headlights ?

The pic of the Austin van brings back some memories. I drove one like that in my late teens when i was a trainee mechanic. Column change and went like the clappers :slight_smile:

A few more as Covid is over and there are no other disasters happened in the world according to the BBC all that is important now is the Olympics, DOH

221409050_10225528210061655_4947880972353375880_n.jpg

And a few more, Buzzer

219779507_1923197904511563_4424628583680288892_n.jpg

218049938_2961734354040432_533401748194409906_n.jpg

The tail enders, Buzzer

223935129_2963908080489726_904304192640373758_n.jpg

The Austin Cambridge pickup brings back a memory of mine. As a 16 year old Boy Scout in my last year at school, the scoutmaster, who was the physics and rugby master, took 6 of us camping to Norway. From Stavangar off the ferry all the way up the west coast over the Arctic Circle at Bodo and then back down to Oslo before returning SW for the ferry back home. It was his own car and he had a tilt made for the back and we took turns, 4 in the back on 2 benches and 2 in the cab with him. I suppose the giant tent we had and all our kit must have been on the floor between the benches and under them, but not much room there because of the wheel arches.

We had many adventures, and not all connected with the beautiful and friendly girls in a time when you could admire and complement a member of the opposite ■■■ without being branded as a stalker. :laughing: On one of the many unsealed roads attempting to pass a grader maintaining it we slid sideways into the deep ditch. No damage and no injuries and the grader driver, who had a handy chain available for this, to him normal, occurrence, easily pulled us out. :smiley:

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer and backsplice for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: brill bunch Buzzer :smiley:

Seeing the BRS Pressed Steel Company wagons brings back memories of what a busy place Cowley was in them days. The Pressed Steel Cowley plant making car bodies for the BMC, Rootes Group, Jaguar, Rover also Rolls/Bentley. Day and night except Sundays traffic to and from Coventry, Birmingham, Castle Bromwich, Swindon mostly BRS also Howard Tenens, Hardings, H&M with crated export parts. Car delivery firms BRS, B.J.Henry, Hardings, H&M, Progressive all Cowley based and a few others with car pounds outside Oxford.
Oily

Buzzer’s photo of the Harbro wagon, large animal feedstuffs firm based Turriff, Aberdeeshire with depots/mills Scotland and south of the border.

guessing Inverness Robert, not really sure.
Cheers
Oily

Robert.jpg

153126572_531052864541208_4894019032297385850_n.jpg

Thanks to all for a great bunch of photo’s. Sure brings back some memories, especially the yiddles Scammell.

oiltreader:
guessing Inverness Robert, not really sure.
Cheers
Oily

Judging by the style of the buildings, particularly those on the right of the picture, I reckon it is
somewhere in Scotland. The old type " KEEP LEFT " sign is unusually well over to the left of the
centre of the road, but the traffic, including the motorbike and sidecar look like they must have
gone to the right of the sign…or is it me ■■ :astonished:

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Having enlarged the picture a wee bit, the ERF lorry has the logo of McEwans/Scottish & Newcastle
Breweries either side of the radiator grill. Cheers…I`ll have a pint of bitter, Its your turn at the bar :slight_smile:

Ray Smyth.

Hi Ray managed to enlarge erf photo it is the Scottish and Newcastle laughing cavalier.bitter?more likely tartan special or Mc Ewans 80 shillings :smiley: cheers Ray