Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Couple from beaulieu mm

CC7BC8DC-120D-40AD-A36B-055A3842A184.jpeg

Punchy Dan:
0 :blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

Last time I got pulled by vosa or whatever they call themselves now was on the A14 just outside Ipswich, to be honest they were very fair with me, I went past them in a lay by, I was working for the pile of ■■■■ Movianto and had a wreck of a hire lorry, knew as soon as I saw them I was going to get a tug and sure enough I did. The brake lights were stuck on, they made Movianto get someone out to sort it before they would let me continue but no action against me. Have to say they were very friendly.

grumpy old man:

Buzzer:
Not trucks but very tasty none the less, Buzzer

Bloody hell, that Bentley is a nice bit of kit. :smiley:
The Velocette is not too shabby. Nice.

Now then Mr L Dunbar, is the Jaguar a turbo diesel ? because if it is look after those turbos, mine has just ‘done’ a turbo (pre DPF) and getting one is like trying to find hens teeth, Jaguar can supply, they have a few, and the cost?..£1400+ vat…EACH :open_mouth:[/quote Hi GOM,Yes mine is a turbo engine 2.2 , It was called back when still under warranty & something was done to the turbo in 2015, So hopefully I dont get the same problem as you, Take care, Regards Larry.

A few more, Buzzer

Buzzer:
A few more, Buzzer

Interesting picture, Buzzer! It sort of begs the question: when did standardised pallets come in?

200896650_308950654256002_2875265727240608565_n (1).jpg

robthedog:

Punchy Dan:

get a pull in that dodgy old Foden ? Dennis will love that

Funny they were looking out for a red V8 Atkinson ,Coffin dodger haulage Kendal :laughing: :blush: :wink:

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:

Last time I got pulled by vosa or whatever they call themselves now was on the A14 just outside Ipswich, to be honest they were very fair with me, I went past them in a lay by, I was working for the pile of [zb] Movianto and had a wreck of a hire lorry, knew as soon as I saw them I was going to get a tug and sure enough I did. The brake lights were stuck on, they made Movianto get someone out to sort it before they would let me continue but no action against me. Have to say they were very friendly.

They know quality lorries and British built trailers :wink:

bain russe.jpgProbably somewhere in Russia.

Sundays collection, Buzzer

After a few days in the Outer Hebrides mostly of it rain and 45mph wind but with 4 out of 10 dry and bright not too bad :smiley: and now back catching up albeit with a recurring back injury of pulled Iliac Crest ligaments(attempting to fix leak in van plumbing )so now relying on a best buddy bought some years ago at a show in Harrogate.
Oily

Lot of catching up to do, big thanks to Lawrence Dunbar, Punchy Dan, Buzzer, pyewackey947v, DEANB, Ray Smyth, lurpak, pv83, tyneside, dave docwra, Suedehead, robthedog, ERF-NGC-European and Froggy55 for keeping the thread going :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the crack :smiley:
Oily
Friday past at Uig Isle of Skye, a Daddy among pretenders :laughing:

A few more as its fathers day, Buzzer

Unloading on a fruit farm in Fife yesterday

53F61E8B-B8EA-469B-97CF-70D68B35EF6C.jpeg
2 Alpha mk1 on Annandale water services Saturday morning .

Was that loads of peat Dan, sensitive cargo that if it was, :blush: :blush: :blush: Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Was that loads of peat Dan, sensitive cargo that if it was, :blush: :blush: :blush: Buzzer.

Crushed coconut Buzzer

Two old and two not quite so old today, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Two old and two not quite so old today, Buzzer

I like the Foden, but I wouldn’t be happy with that load of sacks, not a single dolly in sight. Perhaps that rope at the front goes all the way to the back and is dollied or ratchetted there putting some stress on the cross ropes?

I think that those Morris Commercial CV ‘Equiloads’ like Mr Kirk’s in that photo were one of the best looking lorries from that period, well balanced and everything looked just right. I’m old enough to have worked on a couple, those horns on the front bumper tended to get clogged up with crap though! :wink:

Pete.