Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Right side up, Buzzer

Drawbar (2).jpg

ERF (2).jpg

18 September 1985
I cannot recall the location of this sorry apparition .
I have a feeling it was off the A470 in Gwynedd, Cym, somewhere.
It was a lovely Welsh September day, chucking it down,
It looks as if it had caught fire at some point, though being a Matador
i expect it shrugged it off and carried on working… i hope.

180985a.jpg

C701299A-11FE-4F4E-9E1F-1A959143F85B.jpeg24 pallets for tomorrow delivery to Crail Scotland.

Punchy Dan:
024 pallets for tomorrow delivery to Crail Scotland.

Hi Dan, Great shot of your prestine gear, You may be in for a load of fresh caught fish for your return load when you get tipped, Good luck & stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

Buzzer:
Right side up, Buzzer

Thank you.

pete smith:

dave docwra:

pete smith:

dave docwra:
Picked up a drawbar trailer from the sand blasters yesterday near Raunds, ERF still earning its keep by shunting trailers in & out of the workshop.

Looks like a Boughton trailer Dave?

Hi Pete, Its actually a Couldwell trailer, very similar to a Boughton & almost a copy I would hasten to add.I have to start painting it on Monday & I really can not wait :slight_smile:

Hi Dave,
I have not seen a Couldwell trailer for a few years, I seem to remember H W Martin having a few,

Pete, We look after about 17 of them for two different companies, the company this one belongs to, are having all five refurbed, the second company who I think have have twelve will carry on fixing & mending as required.

From back in the day when boots were sealed & not the tachographs.

dave docwra:
From back in the day when boots were sealed & not the tachographs.

Cracking pic, looks like the driver has just had a ■■■■■ over the wheel :slight_smile:

Three today all Volvo’s, Buzzer

Not my pic

Not trucks but very tasty none the less, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Not the bike, the Bentley for me. :wink: A very interesting photo, I suppose the draft excluders are to keep it to a minimum and/or the rain out when the windows have to be dropped a bit, probably to stop the screen misting up. :laughing: But that raises the question, did that skinny little window at the back drop too, or was it just decorative? :neutral_face:

One other thing, did Bentley call it a ‘coope’ rather than a coupe, if so perhaps directed towards the American market or is that a typo? :confused:

Buzzer:

Bloody hell, that Bentley is a nice bit of kit. :smiley:
The Velocette is not too shabby. Nice.

Now then Mr L Dunbar, is the Jaguar a turbo diesel ? because if it is look after those turbos, mine has just ‘done’ a turbo (pre DPF) and getting one is like trying to find hens teeth, Jaguar can supply, they have a few, and the cost?..£1400+ vat…EACH :open_mouth:

Deleted, double post. :blush:

Nice shot Suedehead any idea if it has a 400 or 500 engine ■■
Tyneside

leyland.jpg

Hi Buzzer
Bells of Bagby, old concern and still going AFAIK, would be seen at Tyneside Mart most Monday mornings with a load of pigs for the fat sale.

Think this particular container was built by George Hallowell, Morpeth

Tyneside

tyneside:
Nice shot Suedehead any idea if it has a 400 or 500 engine ■■
Tyneside

Not 100% but it appears to have had the 500

:blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:
0 :blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

get a pull in that dodgy old Foden ? Dennis will love that