Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Couple timber hauliers, Buzzer

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:
I found these pictures of Jacobs Biscuits from Aintree on the Bootle History Forum.
A Leyland and an Albion that I understand is from The Digital Repository Of Ireland.

Ray Smyth.

What went on top Ray, do you know?

Hi, The empty biscuit tins and their lids were carried on the roof of the vans.
The biscuit tin lid was placed diagonally in the empty tin with the open tin
facing backwards, otherwise a strong gust of wind would have blown them off.
The tins would then be cleansed at the biscuit factory and used again and again.

Cheers, Ray.

Larry, Tragically the proprietor of Skye Transport was electrocuted in an unfortunate accident back in 2011, the company was taken over later by Ferguson Transport, Fort William.
Leyland 600.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- … s-24985736

Couple older motors today, Buzzer

199745013_2935940793286455_8649015899099075684_n.jpg

Punchy Dan:

Tidy looking motor Dan

Older selection today, Buzzer

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:

Tidy looking motor Dan

They don’t look too bad Scania :open_mouth:

17 September 1985
Penrhyndeudraeth
Gwyndd
CYM
Like a lot of locations over the years i expect this one as also changed.
I seem to remember rounding a sharpish corner, and there she was.
Lurking in the gloom.
A Leyland Octopus fuel tanker, scruffy and anonymous, ending her days as a static tank.
Better than being scrapped though.

Being as we are on page 747 a picture to suit, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Tidy load of bagged potatoes ■■ on the AEC
Charringtons bagged coal interests me, I’m looking for a bit of part time work for the wife and even though she only weighs 7.5 stone I think coal delivery would suit her.
The part time work wage would help with the repairs on the Jaguar, bloody thing has ‘done’ one of the turbochargers “They’re how much” ■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Jaguar Part…£1400 + vat

grumpy old man:

Buzzer:

Tidy load of bagged potatoes ■■ on the AEC
Charringtons bagged coal interests me, I’m looking for a bit of part time work for the wife and even though she only weighs 7.5 stone I think coal delivery would suit her.
The part time work wage would help with the repairs on the Jaguar, bloody thing has ‘done’ one of the turbochargers “They’re how much” ■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Jaguar Part…£1400 + vat

:laughing: :laughing: you beat me to it.

Buzzer:

Covent Garden market, wartime or soon after, the lorries have white paint round the edges for the blackout. Always have a good look at pictures and films of the Garden looking for my Albion, but never spotted it yet, it worked in the flower market and the photos always seem to be out in the square.
Bernard

Buzzer:

Sorry double post