Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Another blast from the past, Buzzer

As seen on TV, The Brothers. :unamused:
Not good publicity for Ralph though, in one episode they hi-jacked an artic and transferred the load to a ■■■■■■ van. :laughing: :laughing:

Volvo once again from a very well known company, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Volvo once again from a very well known company, Buzzer

That was Caddys only F89 ,thank you Trevor

Buzzer:
Another blast from the past, Buzzer

Blimey, I worked for Hiltons at Anchor & Hope lane at Charlton. Didn’t they move later?

One more Volvo, Buzzer

17 September 1985
Barmouth
Gwynedd
Cym

BOX 195C
Birmingham reg Commer pantechnicon,
Parked on the seafront ,seemingly out of use…

Buzzer:
One more Volvo, Buzzer

Heres two more Findus F7’s.

A02040.JPG

Couple more Volvo’s, Buzzer

I found these pictures of Jacobs Biscuits from Aintree on the Bootle History Forum.
A Leyland and an Albion that I understand is from The Digital Repository Of Ireland.

Ray Smyth.

Jacobs Biscuits Leyland.png

I remember visiting the Jacobs factory in Dublin around 1960 as a small child with my grandfather (died 1961), but no memories of their trucks.

Ray Smyth:
I found these pictures of Jacobs Biscuits from Aintree on the Bootle History Forum.
A Leyland and an Albion that I understand is from The Digital Repository Of Ireland.

Ray Smyth.

What went on top Ray, do you know?

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:

Ray Smyth.

What went on top Ray, do you know?

(I’m guessing)…empty biscuit tins, Back in the day biscuits came in tins (about 1 ft. square), they were then weighed out and put into paper bags for the customer. I remember going with my mother to the local Co-oP, she would buy 1 lb. of broken biscuits.
That’s not a joke, just after the war we were lucky to get broken biscuits. I think (but I’m not sure) that at the time they were one of the very few things that were not rationed, everything else was, clothes/food/fuel etc :cry: TV ?..no chance, just a small wireless/radio, or my dad playing the piano for us. Eventually he got so fed up with “dad, play the piano for us”…he chopped it up…no more piano :frowning:

Yes, empty tins on top. H&P’s vans in Reading were the same, as were Smiths crisps. Mum worked at H&P’s and the employees were given bags of broken biscuits weekly, at least with them being broken the calories had already escaped so one could eat as much as one liked without any weight gain.

Pete.

windrush:
Yes, empty tins on top. H&P’s vans in Reading were the same, as were Smiths crisps. Mum worked at H&P’s and the employees were given bags of broken biscuits weekly, at least with them being broken the calories had already escaped so one could eat as much as one liked without any weight gain.

Pete.

:laughing: Never looked at it that way before Pete, of course it makes a lot of sense, and now I realise how healthy I am because I break my digestives in a bowl with custard before scoffing them. :laughing:

Thanks too Ray, should have realised the returning tins, very little weight at all pressing on the roof. :slight_smile:

Here’s a few for today, Buzzer

A couple from Consett

IMG_0044.JPG
Exelby

Ade

windrush:

Pete.

I was brought up a few hundred yards from the Beatties Biscuits factory in Glasgow. The broken biscuits we got from them (via the back door) were nearly always covered in chocolate. In the early 60’s that was the nearest we ever got to a chocolate bar :frowning: :frowning: Many happy memories though.

Buzzer:

Was that not a Rawlings motor ? 600R was

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Was that not a Rawlings motor ? 600R was

You better ask Gazzer about that one RTD