Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Some motor back in the day, bet the driver when he got this thought all his Christmas’s had come at once, Buzzer

Early one with top mounted wipers, probably loaded with plaster board ex East Leak(spolling) :blush:

Suedehead:
Is it me, or does that sun visor not look right ?

no sun visor right just at the wrong angle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:

Buzzer:
Some motor back in the day, bet the driver when he got this thought all his Christmas’s had come at once, Buzzer

Early one with top mounted wipers, probably loaded with plaster board ex East Leak(spolling) :blush:

If that’s plasterboard the way the ropes are cutting into it, I don’t think it will be much use when its delivered

:blush:

robthedog:

Suedehead:

Buzzer:

If that’s plasterboard the way the ropes are cutting into it, I don’t think it will be much use when its delivered

I think you are probably right there :blush:

Lance Biscomb:

Suedehead:
Is it me, or does that sun visor not look right ?

no sun visor right just at the wrong angle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Probably a shortarse like me. :smiley:
Bernard

New in 1962 is this Seddon 20/6 powered by a Gardner 6LX coupled to a David Brown 10spd gearbox, Buzzer.

Atkinson flatbed, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Atkinson flatbed, Buzzer

That Atky would have been new to the fleet of the late Geoff Stamper who ran JG Stamper based in Penrith for many years. I met Geoff on a number occasions in the '70’s and I always found him to be very interesting to chat to. He was a “dyed in the wool” Gardner man and IIRC that 4 wheeler had an underslung engine. One of Geoff’s main seams of traffic for many years was Massey Ferguson parts delivery as well as all kinds of the implements they made and the Fergie depot in Trafford Park was the main source of the work. There is a super market on the site in Penrith now where Geoff had his depot and I believe his Son Mike Stamper is still in the haulage business running brick cranes. Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer:
Atkinson flatbed, Buzzer

Both beautiful photos Buzzer! :slight_smile:

Buzzer:
New in 1962 is this Seddon 20/6 powered by a Gardner 6LX coupled to a David Brown 10spd gearbox, Buzzer.

Very nice, it looks a sturdy bit of kit. ‘Back in the mists of time’ ( :wink: ) I can picture myself with that under the coal chutes at Walton Pit in Wakefield getting a load of ‘doubles’ on for Harrogate gas . :slight_smile:
Happy days

Wheres Oily ■■?

Old Seddon advert from 1959.

Thanks to lurpak, Lawrence Dunbar, coomsey, Buzzer, Punchy Dan, Suedehead and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
On show in France at 2010 Locomotion En Fete . Ferte Alais (91) credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo.

Wheres Oily ■■?
Couple of days busy putting up a fence Dean and now after 18 months going nowhere FREEDOM beckons so campervan charged with fuel and vittles :laughing: :smiley:
Cheers
Oily

1991 Leyland Rally and credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo, I thought Comet but he says Beaver.
Oily

Polley’s Bison credit to Andrew Bone for the photo.
Oily

1954 advert and a tale of two Beavers.
Oily

Leyland Octopus courtesy of Mr Cleal Archives New Zealand.
Oily

Leyland NZ cr Mr Cleal Archives New Zealand cc by 2.0 32196530694_1494f8ab72_o.jpg

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Atkinson flatbed, Buzzer

That Atky would have been new to the fleet of the late Geoff Stamper who ran JG Stamper based in Penrith for many years. I met Geoff on a number occasions in the '70’s and I always found him to be very interesting to chat to. He was a “dyed in the wool” Gardner man and IIRC that 4 wheeler had an underslung engine. One of Geoff’s main seams of traffic for many years was Massey Ferguson parts delivery as well as all kinds of the implements they made and the Fergie depot in Trafford Park was the main source of the work. There is a super market on the site in Penrith now where Geoff had his depot and I believe his Son Mike Stamper is still in the haulage business running brick cranes. Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, IIRC The Atki was owned the Atkis themseleves, It ran on trade plates until Stampers bought it, It bears a 1962.Reg, Atkis used it for delivering spares , Mind you this info was told to me by the Late Ronnie Henderson from Newburn, I assume the man to ask would be John Douglas, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Atkinson flatbed, Buzzer

Hi Dennis, IIRC The Atki was owned the Atkis themseleves, It ran on trade plates until Stampers bought it, It bears a 1962.Reg, Atkis used it for delivering spares , Mind you this info was told to me by the Late Ronnie Henderson from Newburn, I assume the man to ask would be John Douglas, Regards Larry.

That would make sense Larry as to how Geoff Stamper got hold of the Atky so I wonder how old it would have been when it was registered in 1962 ? Maybe it was of mid 50’s build ? Cheers Dennis.