Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence, What a great picture… I imagine that a large percentage of todays drivers
would " Throw a wobbler " if they had to handball goods and boxes off a flatbed lorry. :wink: :wink:

Cheers, Ray.

Does an Octopus by any other name …, NMP

FB_IMG_1620227299649.jpg

coomsey:

Bit of a mystery why Leyland would call a Bison an Octopus, or perhaps it was a Bison with a second steer axle fitted ex factory.

Could be Octopus is a swear word in Oz !!!

Tyneside

Nice old Foden wagon & drag, Buzzer

Another wagon & drag a little more modern than above from a well known livestock haulier, Buzzer.

robthedog:
One for oily

That photo bought some memories back, that foden half cab went around the A.T.L depot,s no one wanted it. It was driven at the Wythall depot by the infamous ‘black prince’ what a character he was. We did have the Royal Mail contract about that era so the vans are probably those but the colour doesn,t look right. Oily I,ve got some of those old keys too and a tin of the old imperial nuts and bolts that were always left in the cars. Happy days.

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hi Larry, another gem from the past! Transways, I seem to remember them at Portobello Birtley around about the time the A1.M was opened. I think the colours were blue and silver then? Had they originally been from South Shields? the Dodge is registered there.Regards Kev.

Hi Kev, The Dodge is a 1960 Reg. Their motors were Green at that time ,They had an 8 wheeler Thornycroft, Plus two new ERF 8 wheelers with the good old 150 Gardners in , Plus a 6 speed box, They were flying machines as the old saying went In those days, Regards Larry.

From today,why lift 1 when you can lift 2 :laughing:

2F1D3C79-61BD-43F2-B25D-7185B1A205C2.jpeg

Great stuff Dan, D for Dan & D for Duo, Keep up the good work Dan, You are winner In my book, Take care & stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great stuff Dan, D for Dan & D for Duo, Keep up the good work Dan, You are winner In my book, Take care & stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

Thank you Larry you being a Foden man sure are too :sunglasses:

It’s not all glamour :laughing:

Overseas service :laughing:

tyneside:

coomsey:

Bit of a mystery why Leyland would call a Bison an Octopus, or perhaps it was a Bison with a second steer axle fitted ex factory.

Could be Octopus is a swear word in Oz !!!

Tyneside

Could be Octopus is a swear word in Oz !!! Well I’m octopussed if I know Tyneside you old octopusser, cheers Coomsey

Punchy Dan:

Never known you so busy Dan. :smiley:

Out of intrest what weight can you lift with that crane when extended lifting the 2 bags in the pic ?

DEANB:

Punchy Dan:

Out of intrest what weight can you lift with that crane when extended lifting the 2 bags in the pic ?

1650 kg Dean so at max in the picture .

Is it me, or does that sun visor not look right ?

Punchy Dan:

DEANB:

Punchy Dan:

1650 kg Dean so at max in the picture .

Fair old bit then at full stretch Dan. :wink:

Some motor back in the day, bet the driver when he got this thought all his Christmas’s had come at once, Buzzer