Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

I would say you are right Dennis mid 50s, The mirror arms are the ball type plus the oblong mirrors, Regards Larry.

I saw this ERF EC15 in Northallerton a few days ago.I didn’t realise an EC15 existed. :frowning:
Can somebody get the pics right way up for me,I don’t know how to do it. :laughing:

Chris Webb:
I saw this ERF EC15 in Northallerton a few days ago.I didn’t realise an EC15 existed. :frowning:
Can somebody get the pics right way up for me,I don’t know how to do it. :laughing:

Smart whatever it is Chris, but what’s with the Foden-like kite badge above the grill? :confused:

Here you go Chris. Les.

Thanks Les and Larry for sorting photos out.And David,I don’t know about that Foden type kite badge,there were nobody around the wagon to ask.

Chris Webb:
Thanks Les and Larry for sorting photos out.And David,I don’t know about that Foden type kite badge,there were nobody around the wagon to ask.

Evidently the EC15 has has a Cat engine, but that could be a bits’er. Les.

I think the EC15 was based on the Western Star model created for Australia. I think a few were sold in the UK fitted with Carerpillar C15 engines

oiltreader:
1991 Leyland Rally and credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo, I thought Comet but he says Beaver.
Oily

Yes it is a beaver but i do have a lad comet :laughing: :laughing:

Aquila trucks sold some S reg ones there was a white one pulling a tipper trailer perhaps West Midlands based .

Oily This Octopus is in the livery of Transport Nelson Ltd now known as TNL based at Nelson on South Island, I have the book Transport Nelson (Holdings) Ltd by Graham Carter a very well illustrated book showing the many British lorries operated by this company and their subsiduaries operating in difficult terrain from the Port of Nelson over the Rai Saddle and the narrow Pelorus Gorge bridge en route the the railhead at Blenheim. Their original livery was very smart in a mid brown with red relief and lined out with winged logo. Copyright issues prevent reproduction of old images. The modern livery of blue and white.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

oiltreader:
Wheres Oily ■■?
Couple of days busy putting up a fence Dean and now after 18 months going nowhere FREEDOM beckons so campervan charged with fuel and vittles :laughing: :smiley:
Cheers
Oily

The dreaded DIY Oily ! :open_mouth: Dont blame you for firing the campervan up. :wink:

oiltreader:
Leyland Octopus courtesy of Mr Cleal Archives New Zealand.
Oily

Heres another Leyland on timber in New Zealand.

Larry, Sadly John Douglas passed away it must be getting on for two years ago now. Here are some photos I took of the Atkinson at the Distington Vintage rally in 2009 when I seem to remember John drove it that day. The engine is a Gardner 4HLW.
Cheers,Leyland 600.

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7594.JPG

Leyland 600:
Here are some photos I took of the Atkinson at the Distington Vintage rally in 2009 when I seem to remember John drove it that day. The engine is a Gardner 4HLW.

I have never seen an Atkinson with an underslung engine before. Did that mean that it had a walk through cab then, perhaps with a bench seat for passengers? And why was it not more common, engine damage perhaps?

Spardo:

Leyland 600:
Here are some photos I took of the Atkinson at the Distington Vintage rally in 2009 when I seem to remember John drove it that day. The engine is a Gardner 4HLW.

I have never seen an Atkinson with an underslung engine before. Did that mean that it had a walk through cab then, perhaps with a bench seat for passengers? And why was it not more common, engine damage perhaps?

That’s the first thing that occurred to me. Pretty low for anything bar a nice smooth surface.

8 September 1985
Kidderminster
Worcs
Eng,

FKP 155Y
Dodge/Barrieos
Parked up against a fence
For sale perhaps?

080985c.jpg

pyewacket947v:
8 September 1985
Kidderminster
Worcs
Eng,

FKP 155Y
Dodge/Barrieos
Parked up against a fence
For sale perhaps?

John, that looks like Robert Reynolds pitch on Hoobrook Ind est?

Thanks to Chris Webb, Punchy Dan, DEANB, pyewacket947v for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also Leyland600 for pics and info :smiley: all the other craic :smiley:.

Fort William yesterday.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to lurpak, Lawrence Dunbar, coomsey, Buzzer, Punchy Dan, Suedehead and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
On show in France at 2010 Locomotion En Fete . Ferte Alais (91) credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo.

Hello Oily ,registered in Shropshire , B J Waters had a depot at Wappenshall nearWellington ,having bought out Davies transport who were coal hauliers ,thank you Trevor