Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

windrush:
I still have my fathers ‘Headlight’ lapel badge.

Pete.

I never knew such a thing existed, still got my Les Routiers pin though, you used to have to show it at a/route service areas in order to qualify for the reduced prices on certain foods on offer. :laughing:

There was a little stall in Dover docks where a bloke would sign you into the fraternity. :smiley:

whisperingsmith:
Looks like a BRS motor off for a return load

After eventully getting tipped at Gladston Dock, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

whisperingsmith:

After eventully getting tipped at Gladston Dock, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Now now Mr Dunbar, you should know by now that any mention of ‘Merseyside’ docks tends to traumatise us more mature (ex) ‘knights of the road’. :smiley:

We can laugh about those days (weeks??) from the past now, but it wasn’t funny at the time. I remember (early 60’s) having to go get a load (hides from Sth America) and saying to my then new (ish) wife…“expect me when you see me” :frowning:

grumpy old man:

Lawrence Dunbar:

whisperingsmith:

Now now Mr Dunbar, you should know by now that any mention of ‘Merseyside’ docks tends to traumatise us more mature (ex) ‘knights of the road’. :smiley:

We can laugh about those days (weeks??) from the past now, but it wasn’t funny at the time. I remember (early 60’s) having to go get a load (hides from Sth America) and saying to my then new (ish) wife…“expect me when you see me” :frowning:

Hides? Shouldn’t that also be ‘expect me when you smell me’ GOM? :imp: But even the Liverpool accent, music to some ears no doubt, still sends me into trauma these days. :laughing:

But I did triumph once, a load of whisky from Dumbarton bond which they really, really wanted late afternoon/early evening, so they must have been on full bonus. They sent me off to get change for a tenner to pay them for the ‘help’ and I left them to it after pulling the sheets off. Spent a pleasant hour or so in a Dock road pub (well it is impolite to ask for change without buying something isn’t it?) watching the '66 World Cup on the telly and when I got back I was faced with a knackered crew and, an empty trailer. :laughing: :laughing: Gave them the fiver, wrapped up my sheets and ropes and off to find somewhere to rest my (non) weary head for the night. :laughing:

Two beauties from a Mercedes Benz website.

773192_1412450_6144_4096_10c493-021.jpg

773263_1412651_6144_4096_10c493-082.jpg

Thanks to DEANB, Lawrence Dunbar, tyneside, Kempston, ERF-NGC-European, Froggy55 and jshepguis for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Back a year or two ago with credit to Len Rogers for the photos.
Oily

TKN Btn Len Rogers Foden 5579632090_ed53fd2356_b.jpg

This one on a North of Scotland run 2016.
Oily

1C40A867-EA53-4984-99E7-3C3BAE0015A9.jpeg

Few odds and sods from F/B Tyneside

Punchy Dan:

Just drop one of those “sticks” on my drive next time you’re passing this way Dan.
My new stihl chainsaw is looking for a bit of exercise! One of those would just fill up my winter fuel store nicely. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: regards Kev.

On the road this week with DIT, chairs Buzzer

Thanks to Punchy Dan, tyneside and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
tyneside’s input and on the back of the Newtyle Commercials Freightliner a Marmon, this one in New Zealand.
Oily

Marmon New_Zealand_Trucks_-Flickr-111_Emergency(171).jpg

Lynx Express Parcels ERF, credit to Graham Richardson for the photo.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_Express_(parcels
Oily

Snapped 2009 thanks to Richard Says, could do with *gingerfold’s take on this one, note the Reg.

• miss his informed contribution :frowning:
    Oily

kevmac47:

Punchy Dan:

Just drop one of those “sticks” on my drive next time you’re passing this way Dan.
My new stihl chainsaw is looking for a bit of exercise! One of those would just fill up my winter fuel store nicely. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: regards Kev.

Kev that oak is overrated it’s like badge snobbery with motors :laughing: I burn anything that will but oak eats me chains too much cheers Dan .

Punchy Dan:

kevmac47:

Punchy Dan:

Kev that oak is overrated it’s like badge snobbery with motors :laughing: I burn anything that will but oak eats me chains too much cheers Dan .

Like you Dan, I burn anything I’ve manage to forage, in the past I’ve bought the odd load cheaply from a tree surgeon, this year I’m on track not to spend anything on firewood as I’ve sourced a free stack of mainly beech logs. :laughing: :laughing: regards Kev.

My uncle who be 80 this time asked me for some wood I took him a 40 yard skip full of off cuts it’s taken him a week to move it :laughing:
I did get some beech once it was ok :sunglasses:

I see new regulations come into force today regarding the burning of wood and other solid fuels Tyneside

Some photos from across the years I have picked up hope they are of some interest

Tyneside