Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

tyneside:
Some photos from across the years I have picked up hope they are of some interest

Tyneside

The old Grace Bros removal truck is from Australia.

DEANB:

tyneside:
Some photos from across the years I have picked up hope they are of some interest

Tyneside

The old Grace Bros removal truck is from Australia.

Thanks Dean, thought the late John Inman may have been the driver !!!

tyneside:

Tyneside

Peter Slater :open_mouth: a blast from the past.
You didn’t have to be full blown crazy to drive for Slater…but it sure helped if you were slightly mad.
Brakes re lined once a week

Great photos Tyneside :smiley:

28 August 1985
Orwell Bridge
A14 Wearstead
Suffolk
Eng.

One of those ridiculously short cabbed GMCs the American forces
used to shuffle goodies around with.

280885e.jpg

I reckon you’d have found Mrs Slocombe in the back of that Grace Bro’s van… even if she have to come to Oz.

Nice change of livery, from Orkney Aggregates F.B. Les.

That DAF 8 wheel tipper from Orkney is a tidy job !!
Few photos I have picked up from various sources
Tyneside

These were abysmally slow at the best of times on hills, I shudder to think what this would have been like uphill or in a headwind

I saw this Mercedes 6 trailing axle 6 wheeler trying to negotiate the steep slipway down to board MV Thorsvoe at th Shapinsay ferry slipway then onto the ferry ramp recently with a very low tide, thus with the angles created all the weight was on the trailing axle and not much or even anything on the drive axle. Packing up with timber solved the predicament with success in the end. Been there and got the T shirt when I ran my ERF 66GX 6 wheeler although not in such dire straits as this one, nevertheless the timbers I carried for castings etc quickly got me out of trouble. I drove off a building site at Annan empty into a narrow lane ran the nearside front wheel up onto a highish grass verge but needed to take a shunt selected reverse and nothing happened nor could I go forward, got out and had a look, daylight could be seen under the drive axle while the trailing axle was high on the slight ramp into the building site.A couple of timbers soon got me moving again.

IMAG0336.jpg

Yes its a fair old dip and ramp at low tide, when i worked for Stevie Nicolson we had a Scania six wheeler with a tilt and slide body carrying a digger ripped the run under bar of getting on the boat, I made a hinged bar that pinned up, here’s one of Brian Kemp’s with Darren at the wheel backing on with a load of cows. Les.

Thanks to tyneside, DEANB, pyewacket947v, lurpak, les-p, robthedog and Leyland600 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cracking lot photos all.
Dashcam Highland, the ERF still working.
Oily

robthedog:
These were abysmally slow at the best of times on hills, I shudder to think what this would have been like uphill or in a headwind

I wonder if the following Daf managed to overtake it coming out of Dover ? :smiley:

One from your way Oily. :wink:

L0542p.JPG

Hi Dean Dobsons were about 15 minutes away from i live.Long gone their yard & warehouses are now part of Straiton retail park cheers Ray

stargazer148:
Hi Dean Dobsons were about 15 minutes away from i live.Long gone their yard & warehouses are now part of Straiton retail park cheers Ray

Heres another one Ray. :wink:

L0540p.JPG

Thanks Dean :smiley: cheers Ray

Thanks to DEANB for the pics :smiley: I remember Dobson having tankers, got a photo somewhere.
Oily
Credit to Lee Bristol for this photo of a MAN ERF.

IMG_0416.JPG