Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

MANTRONIC:

oiltreader:
Thanks to pyewacket947v and coomsey for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

One for smallcoal credit to Richard Says for the photo.
Oily

Hey oily ,they are based at Ebbw Vale ,mostly DAFs ,but i have seen a MAN as well , MT

Look in pictures of your truck , posted within the last few weeks [emoji6]

New pastures

MANTRONIC:

oiltreader:
Thanks to pyewacket947v and coomsey for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

One for smallcoal credit to Richard Says for the photo.
Oily

Hey oily ,they are based at Ebbw Vale ,mostly DAFs ,but i have seen a MAN as well , MT

Hi MT, smallcoal posted a photo of “his” Scott MAN on the Removals thread.
Oily

Ward La France recovery in France credit to Dave Fawcett.
Oily

Two homegrown, credit to Len Rogers and Sean Williams for the photos.
Oily

Recovery Btn Sean Williams cc by nc sa 2.0 4226818812_8d501a76c8_k.jpg

oiltreader:
Two homegrown, credit to Len Rogers and Sean Williams for the photos.
Oily

Some old recovery motors.

some old BRS shots Tyneside

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Bristol loaded with reels of paper looks like a Wallace and Grommit character

Kempston:
Is it just me or does anyone else think the Bristol loaded with reels of paper looks like a Wallace and Grommit character

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You’re right there Kempston! When I was a kid I used to think those BMMO D5 Midland Red double deckers wore a sad frown.

R2dbe7fcbdaeb4d0436e354c8f0564af1.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Kempston:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You’re right there Kempston! When I was a kid I used to think those BMMO D5 Midland Red double deckers wore a sad frown.

Totally agree :laughing: I often look at old vehicles and see faces, some look sad, some look happy and some look like they’re going to give you a slap :laughing:

oiltreader:
Ward La France recovery in France credit to Dave Fawcett.

Ward La France 100.jpg
Oily

For its cab, Unic:
unic-center.ch/eax.html

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:

Kempston:

Totally agree :laughing: I often look at old vehicles and see faces, some look sad, some look happy and some look like they’re going to give you a slap :laughing:

When I started at BRS TVTE in 1970 a Bristol unit was being used to take trailers to the test station for their MOT.
Tyneside

tyneside:

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:

Kempston:

When I started at BRS TVTE in 1970 a Bristol unit was being used to take trailers to the test station for their MOT.
Tyneside

My dads old boss renovated one which I believe was in BRS livery, no idea of any details other than that.

Brings back fond memories, Larry, Headlight. Not so much the magazine itself which I found a bit preachy and boring relating as it did all the drivers who had been prosecuted for something or other, but until Truck came along it was all we had, and at least it did have many adverts for digs and backloads, so a Bible of its day. Commercial Motor and Motor Transport(?) I, and many of my friends, tended to think of more as for the operators in the industry, rather than as a drivers’ magazine. I now think I was mistaken however, seeing many interesting articles these days on here.

I still have my fathers ‘Headlight’ lapel badge.

Pete.