Passive in work bullying

Hi all, i have worked for a company for 15 months and have had 2 drivers on separate occasions decide that its ok to tell other drivers wot they should or shouldnt be doing . They also make their point when there is a crowd around them.This is affecting me.I do not want to confront them in front of everyone else. Not sure whether to speak to someone higher. There has been no real reason for this except that they are too interested in what other drivers are doing instead of concentrating on their own duties. advice please. :frowning:

Happens at most companies, driver’s saying what there doing is better, trying to goad you into a reaction,.

Just do your job,and ignore them.

kendon:
Hi all, i have worked for a company for 15 months and have had 2 drivers on separate occasions decide that its ok to tell other drivers wot they should or shouldnt be doing . They also make their point when there is a crowd around them.This is affecting me.I do not want to confront them in front of everyone else. Not sure whether to speak to someone higher. There has been no real reason for this except that they are too interested in what other drivers are doing instead of concentrating on their own duties. advice please. :frowning:

Tell them to ■■■■ off ! What’s it got to do with them? You do what your office tells you; ignore them. Every company has 1 or 2 bell ends like them, thinking they run the place and always sticking their noses in to see what everyone else is doing to check that another driver isn’t getting a “better” job than them. I call them “owkums” because they’re always in the office : “how come he’s got that scotch run? That should be my job. How come he got 15 hours yesterday and I only got 8 and no night out?” etc. :unamused:

Just ignore them, everyplace has it’s share of know it alls who more often than not turn out to know f all, those who shout the loudest generally have the least to shout about. If there is a problem with how you are doing your job then the boss will soon point it out to you.

do you actually see the drivers you work with , I can go months without seeing anyone from my depot , 99.9% of contact is by phone

Try reporting it to your teacher, if that fails tell your mummy when you get home!

That’s not bullying, that’s other drivers talking.

Unless they pay your wages, take no notice and see what the boss wants.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Try reporting it to your teacher, if that fails tell your mummy when you get home!

I did think this but didn’t want to be accused of bullying.

My advice would be to stop worrying about what other drivers are doing and concentrate on your own duties [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I had this when I first started. My response was simple. “When your paying my wages you can tell me what to do, until that happens, ■■■■ off and mind your own business”.
That sorted it out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pick either of these options.

A. Ignore mode. Included in this is walking away laughing when they start asking questions.

B. Find out their favourite runs/drops and tell them, with a big smile on your face, that’s where you’re off to. Let them run into the office shouting and swearing. They’ll soon be found out.

just humour them , then do it your way…

Cultivate a sharp wit; you’ll have 'em on your side in no time! Robert

I usually answer them with a Really these are the ones normally who hang the job out, and have been told off by the office cos someone is doing the job a lot quicker…or as said above, others are getting a better run than they are…i dont let it bother me…if they do, i tell them hang on, i`ll have a word in the office and see if its ok…that stops em dead…other than that…put your hands over your ears.

Had a version of this at my previous place.

Small family firm - I’d been there 7 years and the boss then employs a mate of his.

This mate was a proper “elevenerife” and was obsessed with declaring his wages were always higher than everyone else.

This in turn got other drivers wondering and asking about it.

I used to just pick an ever increasing figure when asked by others.

I think I ended up on £42k and £36 a night out with a fuel bonus.

If only.

Just ignore them, these gits try this because they think being there longer gives them a higher authority, I had this at Tesco’s, Concord and my present employer when I started, I was told by some guy that he has worked there for years and they could jump in front of my truck for loading, I stood my ground and refused to let him go in front, when other realised I would not give way I got respect.

DadsRetired:
Pick either of these options.

A. Ignore mode. Included in this is walking away laughing when they start asking questions.

B. Find out their favourite runs/drops and tell them, with a big smile on your face, that’s where you’re off to. Let them run into the office shouting and swearing. They’ll soon be found out.

I like option B and that type of driver is normally so easy to wind up, I found some of the office types like to play along as they get bored of their belly aching about other drivers or how the work is allocated.

If these people ask questions you do not wish to answer just mention the “Data Protection Act” and walk away.

Every depot has one or two of these characters. You’ve only been there 15 months so it still gets your goat. Just try another 6 months and you’ll have everyone sussed out. I hope you have some colleagues you can get along with, while you learn to ignore the loudmouths.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Ignore this it’s sensible advice you asked for wasn’t it??