Passive in work bullying

Rob K:

kendon:
Hi all, i have worked for a company for 15 months and have had 2 drivers on separate occasions decide that its ok to tell other drivers wot they should or shouldnt be doing . They also make their point when there is a crowd around them.This is affecting me.I do not want to confront them in front of everyone else. Not sure whether to speak to someone higher. There has been no real reason for this except that they are too interested in what other drivers are doing instead of concentrating on their own duties. advice please. :frowning:

Tell them to [zb] off ! What’s it got to do with them? You do what your office tells you; ignore them. Every company has 1 or 2 bell ends like them, thinking they run the place and always sticking their noses in to see what everyone else is doing to check that another driver isn’t getting a “better” job than them. I call them “owkums” because they’re always in the office : “how come he’s got that scotch run? That should be my job. How come he got 15 hours yesterday and I only got 8 and no night out?” etc. :unamused:

I used to get this from the ‘how comes’, we’re the top earners at my place, not hourly as we’re pay pay per load and our weekly hours are low (on average 54ish) but distance high (Malaga/Calais return) and bought the current FH specifically for the job. TM puts up a notice, any drivers wanting to do this run on a rota basis place name below…notice was there a month…no takers… :grimacing: The moaners will just moan for the sheer hell of it… :confused:

I’m quite happy that lots of drivers at my place earn more than me. It means that they’re working harder than me. I made my peace with that long ago. :wink:

bobbya:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Try reporting it to your teacher, if that fails tell your mummy when you get home!

Ignore this it’s sensible advice you asked for wasn’t it??

Actually, don’t ignore it. Pull yourself together and act like a man.

They are everywhere. They’ve always done it bigger, better, more expensive etc etc

There’s a couple where I work at the moment. Think they’re God’s gift, despite only having had their license for a year or two.

Just ignore them. They’re not worth your stress

albion:
That’s not bullying, that’s other drivers talking.

Unless they pay your wages, take no notice and see what the boss wants.

That doesn’t work in places where the boss don’t pay your wages either, and is as likely to be the next one to get the bullet as you! :open_mouth:

You’ve got to be kidding :open_mouth: That bossy driver was talking to someone else but YOUR offended ! How do you know they didn’t ask Mr Bossy how he would do or have done something ? I must be bossy too as iv’e given my advice quite freely on how something should be or shouldn’t be done. Seeing as how he’s not telling you how to do your job i think this is a none issue.

I’m talking tough cos’ iv’e got my big girl knickers on :wink: :wink:

Stick up for yourself, no one else will.

Failing all these suggestions drop a lot of laxative in their coffee or tea when they are not looking.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Try reporting it to your teacher, if that fails tell your mummy when you get home!

:laughing: :laughing: Good advice for what must be a troll. This is the sort of thing I was talking about in my ‘just wondering’ post.

If this is trolling, then it’s a rather pathetic attempt.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:

Personally think its a real world subject, i doubt theres a workplace anywhere where this doesnt go on…

DadsRetired:
B. Find out their favourite runs/drops and tell them, with a big smile on your face, that’s where you’re off to. Let them run into the office shouting and swearing. They’ll soon be found out.

THIS [emoji12]

If you can let others know too, you can turn the tables on them, tell another driver that you are doing the “favourite” run because they have asked for you!

Owkums. I like that [emoji23]

AndrewG:

newmercman:

Personally think its a real world subject, i doubt theres a workplace anywhere where this doesnt go on…

I agree, anybody that’s worked at a firm with more than one driver will have encountered this situation.

Therefore it’s not trolling.

newmercman:

AndrewG:

newmercman:

I agree, anybody that’s worked at a firm with more than one driver will have encountered this situation.

An ideal explanation of two faced.

Road Haulage

If the office lad needs a job doing urgently he Bulls the most gullible,

“You’re the only bloke I can trust to do the job properly !”

That bloke starts to believe it and tells everyone around him, in reality he is the only one who can’t see through the office lad. [emoji23]

Some are far more receptive to that kind of thing. When I went in the office at a firm I had been a driver I was shocked at the way some of my former workmates behaved, blokes I thought were decent were constantly updating the office what other drivers were doing, it certainly opened my eyes. One driver in particular had a image of being a bit bolshy, always telling stories about how he refused to do this, that and the other, turned out that he did anything he was asked without so much as a murmur. You see a very different picture when you cross enemy lines and drive a desk.

Wheel Nut:

newmercman:

AndrewG:

newmercman:

An ideal explanation of two faced.

Road Haulage

If the office lad needs a job doing urgently he Bulls the most gullible,

“You’re the only bloke I can trust to do the job properly !”

That bloke starts to believe it and tells everyone around him, in reality he is the only one who can’t see through the office lad. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Some are far more receptive to that kind of thing. When I went in the office at a firm I had been a driver I was shocked at the way some of my former workmates behaved, blokes I thought were decent were constantly updating the office what other drivers were doing, it certainly opened my eyes. One driver in particular had a image of being a bit bolshy, always telling stories about how he refused to do this, that and the other, turned out that he did anything he was asked without so much as a murmur.

Was he called Ady?

Rob K:

newmercman:
Some are far more receptive to that kind of thing. When I went in the office at a firm I had been a driver I was shocked at the way some of my former workmates behaved, blokes I thought were decent were constantly updating the office what other drivers were doing, it certainly opened my eyes. One driver in particular had a image of being a bit bolshy, always telling stories about how he refused to do this, that and the other, turned out that he did anything he was asked without so much as a murmur.

Was he called Ady?

No, his name was Rob [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If you react you become a target for these knobs. Ignore and carry on. No fun gained by them they then move onto the next weakest.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk