Passengers in truck

Hi all.

Just a quck question. Does your firm (and name firm if you wish) allow you to take a passenger with you in the truck. So you can take your kids/partner.

Cheers

New Blood

Most don’t allow it now due to “H&S”. No-one takes any notice though and just ignore it.

For us it depends on the site we are delivering/collecting from. So as a company we don’t mind, but some of our customers do.

I like to go to work to get away from the kids and missus lol,

i take them if i want, no one to stop me :laughing:

Mixer-driver01:
I like to go to work to get away from the kids and missus lol,

i take them if i want, no one to stop me :laughing:

my missus comes with me to get away from the kids, then takes over the driving, I think she wants me to become a house husband so she can get back on the road :confused:

With my health and safety conscious outfit it a very definite No No

:angry: :confused: :sunglasses:

Was always told it was to do with ins not H&S
but its probably a mixture of both ,
No we are not allowed any non work staff in truck,

but like most i tend to forget it lol

after a few ciders and a curry i dobt many birds would want to share a truck with me letting rip all day, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

my company got no problems with family or friends but say no to hitch hikers…my missus regualary comes out with me on tuesdays and wendsdays…

And if u see me and the vans a rolling dont u come a knocking… :smiley:

jayeastanglia:
And if u see me and the vans a rolling dont u come a knocking… :smiley:

sorry jay i thought it was " if the van in rocking dont come knocking " :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

to much work today…a little tired :slight_smile:

jayeastanglia:
to much work today…a little tired :slight_smile:

too much van rocking :wink: :wink: :wink: or was that yesterday. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

NewBlood:
Does your firm (and name firm if you wish) allow you to take a passenger with you in the truck. So you can take your kids/partner.

Cheers

New Blood

Yes

The no passengers thing because of insurance is bull. All passengers are covered by 3rd party ins

MR VAIN:
The no passengers thing because of insurance is bull. All passengers are covered by 3rd party ins

Exactly. When the Traffic Office give me the old “not insured” line, I tell them that I can’t drive their lorry then as their insurance doesn’t comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act in that case.

If it’s a no passenger company rule then they should say so instead of making themselves look stupid.

Conor:

MR VAIN:

Exactly. When the Traffic Office give me the old “not insured” line, I tell them that I can’t drive their lorry then as their insurance doesn’t comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act in that case.

You’re assuming they mean the vehicle insurance. It might be that the vehicle insurance covers you but their Goods In Transit Insurance has a clause stating that carrying non employees in the vehicle renders it void.

Paul

Officially only company employees, but some take kids during holidays. The hub doesn’t allow paasengers, although some still take them (in the bunk!). Since my partner works for the company I don’t have a problem :laughing:

I hate passengers :smiling_imp: though in past years my mrs has been out with me on nights :wink: nowadays prefer to be on my own :smiley:

Tiger.

nope, not aload as some of our customers dont like passengers h&s

nether would i want my misses in the cab… its bad enough with me in a limited space :laughing:

Fastrantiger:
though in past years my mrs has been out with me on nights :wink: nowadays prefer to be on my own :smiley:

me too when i used to take my mrs she was incontrollable it was like she was on heat :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused: i stopped her going in the end.

no joke :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: