Passengers in truck

NewBlood:
Hi all.

Just a quck question. Does your firm (and name firm if you wish) allow you to take a passenger with you in the truck. So you can take your kids/partner.

They sure do.

I’d love to take my boy with me,but all the firms on containers I’ve worked for dont allow ANY passengers.I did pick up a trade plater when I was on Deben,in Warrington once though and ran him up the services.

Also the Docks dont allow passengers under 18 on the terminals

bikemonkey:

They do if you hide them on the top bunk.

Harry Monk:

bikemonkey:

They do if you hide them on the top bunk.

And I’d do it on a day they were doing random searches. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:
Im lucky like that Harry.if someones gonna get caught for something,It’ll be me.Then guilt on my face would give it away.

Cant even walk out of a shop without buying anything,without looking like I’ve nicked something. :laughing: :laughing:

Married to an OD and used to take our young grandaughter with us to Spain in the truck, on the last trip we were pulled in by VOSA for a routine check, they spotted the youngster on the bunk and asked where the 3rd seat belt was. There are only two seats so - message taken!

Smee:
With my health and safety conscious outfit it a very definite No No

:angry: :confused: :sunglasses:

i take it your still with the northan pentalvers then?

as for H & S long ques at empty yards are bad for your Health & Safety of the oik behind the perspex at the in/out huts.

Every firm I’ve worked for has been fine with taking passengers. But, it’s the docks and delivery sites that have the problem, and for that reason I don’t bother anymore as I don’t want to have to leave my wife or children in a canteen full of strangers.

gardun:
some still take them (in the bunk!).

God, how useful was that bunk in my old 4-series topline?!! :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

We aren’t supposed to officially either. That said, if I ask the right person, he’ll let me. :smiley: :wink:

we are allowed to too but i tell my misses there is no where to plug the hair drier or the iron in so she does’nt want to come with me :stuck_out_tongue:

My wife used to come with me on WhiteTrux and do a fair amount of, unofficial,
driving. They were happy with the passenger but warned she wouldn’t have
insurance so for a small sum to a local broker she got a small amount of
cover.

I never asked Gauthier because we had the dog by then so she stopped at
home, although nothing was said when Paul Gauthier saw the dog, a
Greyhound, alighting from the cab one day. This was pretty obvious too
because as the Magnum’s doors don’t open wide I couldn’t reach in to lift her
down so had to pull alongside a parked flat trailer and get her to jump
across. :laughing:

All these people sating that the insurance excuse isn’t true have obviously never read the small print of a commercial vehicle (Goods) insurance policy.

It is completely standard practice for all insurance companies to exclude passengers not employed by, or acting as agents of, the vehicle owner from cover. There is a small extra premium to put non-employee passengers on cover, but I can’t imagine that many companies pay it.

This is perfectly legal, the logic goes that if it is a truck used soley for company business, why would somebody other than an employee be anywhere near the cab.

I wish i could take my son as i did with me dad (I learnt more in a lorry than in school most holidays). But under ADR and other regs i quit my job to look after him full time,as he has Sevre low functioning Autism.

The Stupid thing is when I did take him out in the truck he loves it being high up, looking down on the doley scumbags who live round here. Now I am one of those people I miss driving, closest i get now is the odd pram collection in the car.

I think it should be up to the drivers decision.

Health and Safety now days is Stupid not before long you will need a harness just to climb into A TGA, ACTROS and MAGNUM.

I have a Choice Look after my son or put him in to Care and go back to work.

K.Adams
you have my deepest respect and i belive you should (and probably have ) the respect of all the members here
there is NOTHING more important than our familys
you should not lump yourself with the chavy scum that dont want to work as someone who for over the last twenty years has paid all taxes and n/i i have allwys belived that it is there to look after the less fortunate of our society
you have made the right choice as there is nothing more rewarding than a childs smile

my hat go’s off to you and hope things improve for you

my boss is great, i can take anyone with me, i’ve taken my kids, my mates, trade platers, a reporter, a manager from roadchef, my girlfriend, somebody elses girlfriend.
all of our drivers are allowed to take passengers if they wish.

bagpuss:
K.Adams
you have my deepest respect and i belive you should (and probably have ) the respect of all the members here
there is NOTHING more important than our familys
you should not lump yourself with the chavy scum that dont want to work as someone who for over the last twenty years has paid all taxes and n/i i have allwys belived that it is there to look after the less fortunate of our society
you have made the right choice as there is nothing more rewarding than a childs smile

my hat go’s off to you and hope things improve for you

Well said, and well said K Adams, H & S is out of control, unfortunately