Passed my class 1!!

YAHOOOO!! finally passed my C1 today after the third attempt! Absolutely over the moon!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well Done mate. Onwards and upwards :slight_smile:

** Just a point to note. C1 is 7.5t. **

Congratulations!!!
Now the real learning starts! Doing mine in a couple of weeks, can’t wait.

Well done :smiley:

Congratulations.
But as above C1 is 7.5 ton you’ve passed CE today by the sounds of things :smiley:

Congratulations on your pass, well done :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

congratulations really chuffed for ya :smiley:

Whoops yeah C+E!!

Thanks for the replies guys!

I thought class 3 was 7.5t?

no such thing as class one, two and three any more - just Cat C (rigids, formerly class two and three) and C+E (artics, formerly class one) for the big stuff

Congrats! Such a good feeling innit! Bet there’s a whole weight been lifted now :sunglasses:

drummerkev:
YAHOOOO!! finally passed my C1 today after the third attempt! Absolutely over the moon!

Alan16ac:
C1 is 7.5 ton you’ve passed CE today by the sounds of things

drummerkev:

kevchalluk:
no such thing as class one, two and three any more - just Cat C (rigids, formerly class two and three) and C+E (artics, formerly class one) for the big stuff

How did you manage to jump through all the necessary hoops and get all the way to passing your C+E practical test without realising that?

A slightly suspicious well done and congratulations from me! :smiley:

I think he was just abbreviating it for himself :smiley:

drummerkev:

Class 3 used to be a 2 axled Rigid. 3 or more was Class 2 and Class 1 was Artics.

Oddly enough you used to be able to hook an A-Frame up to a Class 3 without taking any extra tests. This is what happens when idiots are in charge.

Well done on your passing your test. I wanted to do mine recently but had a TIA (Mini stroke) about 8 weeks ago and the DVLA took away my Class C category from my licence I gained in 2011. I now have to wait to re-apply for my licence for LGV’s next Feb :cry: .

Tarrman:
Congrats! Such a good feeling innit! Bet there’s a whole weight been lifted now :sunglasses:

It does! Waited so long for it now! Really happy iv got it! Start at Ak’s on the 8th so hopefully ill get to drive C+E (NOT class one! :smiley: :smiley: ) within the next couple of months. I could go and find another agency but in honesty im sick of working on agency and cant turn down a full time job driving C2 with the prospect of going to C1!

Cagey:
Well done on your passing your test. I wanted to do mine recently but had a TIA (Mini stroke) about 8 weeks ago and the DVLA took away my Class C category from my licence I gained in 2011. I now have to wait to re-apply for my licence for LGV’s next Feb :cry: .

Dude this β– β– β– β– β–  man, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope your health gets better ASAP and you can get back on the road!

Well done Kev,

Class 1 ahoy! But don’t go to Ak’s saying you can drive C1’s now, you may end up with something smaller than you expected :wink:

PS I knew what you meant, just pulling ya chain. :laughing:

Well done for getting it and getting a full time job as well, you must be well chuffed! Hope it all falls into place for you and the family bud! If I had any celebratory smilies etc I would’ve ended with one!

C

Constantine:
Well done Kev,

Class 1 ahoy! But don’t go to Ak’s saying you can drive C1’s now, you may end up with something smaller than you expected :wink:

C

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Kev

I have been back at work for 3 weeks now, and had a medical today, woman said I can go back on call after another 2 weeks, onwards & upwards :slight_smile: