Passed my class 1!!

drummerkev:
YAHOOOO!! finally passed my C1 today after the third attempt! Absolutely over the moon!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done youā€¦the real driver training starts now.

Well done Mate had mine 3 years now best thing ever!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

drummerkev:
YAHOOOO!! finally passed my C1 today after the third attempt! Absolutely over the moon!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well done ā€¦
no I really mean it

all you gotta do now is learn to drive,
no I really mean it

you past a test and gotta piece of paper.
that was the easy part,
keeping it and becoming a DRIVER now thatā€™s the hard part.

Good luck with your new qualification chap and all the best

Absolutely well done mate, pleased for you! Good luck with the new job buddy.

Thank you guys! :smiley:

Still cant stop smiling and when driving down the motorway really annoying the mrs by saying i can drive those! :laughing:

drummerkev:

Still cant stop smiling and when driving down the motorway really annoying the mrs by saying i can drive those! :laughing:

Well no not really , you past a test at said time on said date ,

All you have is a licence that allows you to take one out on the highway on your own with a lot of weight and if you got an ADR a live bomb behind you , it really donā€™t mean you can drive does it.
To be able to drive it properly takes experience and timeā€¦

good luck

nick2008:

drummerkev:

All you have is a licence that allows you to take one out on the highway on your own with a lot of weight and if you got an ADR a live bomb behind you , it really donā€™t mean you can drive does it.

good luck

Donā€™t be so facetious. The guy is made up that he passed his test and IS ABLE to drive them.

drummerkev:

Ha ha. I was the same. I still do sometimes and Iā€™ve been driving C+E for 8 years, since I was 26.

nick2008:

Good grief, you know how to ā– ā– ā– ā–  the joy out of something donā€™t you. I assume you werenā€™t chuffed when you passed and simply thought, ā€œI canā€™t really drive those yet. All I have is a licence. I need experience and timeā€.
A licence means he CAN drive one. Heā€™s reached the required standard at the time he was examined to be allowed to drive on his own. Time and experience will mean he will get better, not suddenly become a ā€˜driverā€™.
How long before he can drive one in your opinion? 5 years? 10? 20? Or is it mileage? 100ā€™000? 400ā€™000?

MikeCunn:
Good grief, you know how to ā– ā– ā– ā–  the joy out of something donā€™t you. I assume you werenā€™t chuffed when you passed and simply thought, ā€œI canā€™t really drive those yet. All I have is a licence. I need experience and timeā€.
A licence means he CAN drive one. Heā€™s reached the required standard at the time he was examined to be allowed to drive on his own. Time and experience will mean he will get better, not suddenly become a ā€˜driverā€™.
How long before he can drive one in your opinion? 5 years? 10? 20? Or is it mileage? 100ā€™000? 400ā€™000?

Or is it the amount of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  you can spout on hereā€¦

So when you got your licence Nick, I take it you thought you couldnā€™t drive then as well? So why did you bother becoming a lorry driver?

Iā€™ve heard some crap in my time on here. Who defines who is a licence holder to drive the category sat, pray tell, I thought that was the DVLA and their testsā€¦obviously I am an idiot though on this point.

nick2008:

Because they are going up everyday on the UK roads arenā€™t they Nick!!! Canā€™t get anywhere without ā€œthese live bombsā€ detonating like we are in a proper warzone. Jesus I give up on here sometimes :unamused:

Take it you didnā€™t get your leg over this morning? So you decided to ā– ā– ā– ā–  on someone elseā€™s parade instead today, to make yourself feel like a real man.

And before you start with the ā€œIā€™m a proper experienced driver ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ā€¦If you are half way to being a good driver, youā€™ll be learning on the road everyday until the day you hand back your licence or die. But then I expect youā€™re a really experienced driver so you know everything.

So those words are wasted on you here.

C

Constantine:
Take it you didnā€™t get your leg over this morning?
C

:laughing: :laughing:

nick2008:

drummerkev:

good luck

I could have sworn I had to drive one to get my license?! Maybe i dreamt it, but im fairly sure I had to drive down tight roads, motorways and navigate roundabouts!

I CAN drive them, dont get me wrong I have a lot to learnā€¦ I dread the blind side reverse as an example! But can I drive one?! Dam Right I can drive an artic! Im open minded and ready to learn, but Im happy with my ā€˜basicā€™ level at the moment its certinly enough to keep me alive and get me from point A to B SAFELY

I really hope I dont meet a weapon like yourself when I need some genuine honest and straight forward adviceā€¦

drummerkev:

Constantine:
C

nick2008:

drummerkev:

good luck

I could have sworn I had to drive one to get my license?! Maybe i dreamt it, but im fairly sure I had to drive down tight roads, motorways and navigate roundabouts!

I CAN drive them, dont get me wrong I have a lot to learnā€¦ I dread the blind side reverse as an example! But can I drive one?! Dam Right I can drive an artic! Im open minded and ready to learn, but Im happy with my ā€˜basicā€™ level at the moment its certinly enough to keep me alive and get me from point A to B SAFELY

I really hope I dont meet a weapon like yourself when I need some genuine honest and straight forward adviceā€¦

Donā€™t let idiots like that rile you.

You know that you put in the hard slog to get your licence.

Maybe he is only jealous as all he can ride is a pee wee motorbike :smiley:

dar1976:

drummerkev:

Constantine:
C

nick2008:

drummerkev:

good luck

You know that you put in the hard slog to get your licence.

Maybe he is only jealous as all he can ride is a pee wee motorbike :smiley:

Or it could be worseā€¦ he could be a van driver! :stuck_out_tongue:

dar1976:

Never a truer word said there Dar,

I shouldnā€™t of bitten either on those trolling comments. Bad mistake by me :imp:

C