PASSED CLASS 2 woop woop advice on what to do next?

well after a long road & some bad luck on test day here n there i finally have the bay blue bit of paper that confirms i have my class 2 whay hey!

so now i need to do “i think” initial cpc & i need to send new photos for my licence as my current ones run out in august!

& i think i have to apply for a digi card

can you guys/gals give me some advice

i’m dead-chuffed to have passed :smiley:

Well done drives! Get the licence sorted and digi tacho and do what ever mods you need in order to work.

Top man heres to a brighter future!

First, big well done!
When did you pass your car test, do you have the older pre97 license with category C1 (7.5t) already on it?
Yes = no initial CPC
NO = initial CPC needed

EDIT - yes, get a digi card, info here gov.uk/apply-for-a-digital- … smart-card

Best of luck
Tim

cheers chaps

yeah i passed in july 97 so need initial cpc, is it just a case of booking the test at my local venue, what revision do i need-i’ve been told its all based on the theory test but in a sort of case study format type affair

do i just apply for a digi card

cant bloody wait to get out on some “hopefully” sunny early mornings at sillyOclock before most of the ■■■■■■■■■ arrive on the roads
:smiley:

Well, I didn’t have to do it, so take the following as the results of rumours!

You need to do the case studies (mod 2 I think) at the same place you did the theory test, and you just book that yourself
You need to do the practical (mod 4) which is normally a 1 day course (including test) and covers safely loading, vehicle checks.

I believe you can apply for a digi card straight away, as that isn’t tied to any of the LGV stuff, for example you might legitimately need one to drive a 7.5t or a mini bus.

Hey, congrats!

I passed mine a short while ago, and if your applying for a digi tacho you can send it away the same time as your licence, saving you from having to wait for one then send off again to get the next.

It’s easier to go to your nearest dvla and they will separate them as needed and you will get receipt for everything you sent away in case something goes “missing” :wink:

Congratulations buddy and good luck with getting a job , if you look at stickies at top of forum there is how a guy passed his mod 4 for u

cheers super appreciated the support & advice i’ve gotton on here!!! i’ll have a good old read over those sections tomorrow jen-much appreaciated-when i open trucknet on my laptop it opens to my recent posts so i tend to forget to click back somtimes

i’ve done some cpc practical training already, that bits a piece ■■■■ to me due to the previous work i have done

just a lil worried about the case study part, you have to score an average percentage in each section dont cha?

if its all based on the theory/common scence then hopefully i should be ok

so the plan is to book the initial cpc monday morning as i have monday off :smiley: go over the theory test questions again to give me some grounding

am i best to hold on to my current licence photocard until i pass my initial cpc & send that off with new photos then apply for my digicard after so all the pictures match?
i’m a bit confused as to the order i should do it so all my photos will be the same

i think some excitment from passing is clouding my own common scence at the mo,

besides i’m celebrating with a few cheeky ciders this eve :smiley: 1st time i’ve had a tipple in 4 months to many hours grafting no social time at all-i’m vowing to change that

i can honestly say its one of the hardest things i’ve done, & i’m aiming to get some work driving lorrys “even part time to start with” so i can add some more £££ to my “megar at moment” class 1 fund!!! & go for that as soon as i possibly can

i still cant believe i have done it & passed-is this normal? :blush: :wink:

suffice to say i’ll be in the newbie section for a while yet?

Well Done on your result. :slight_smile:

nervoustimes:
am i best to hold on to my current licence photocard until i pass my initial cpc & send that off with new photos then apply for my digicard after so all the pictures match?
i’m a bit confused as to the order i should do it so all my photos will be the same

You only need it for when you take the test, personally I’d keep hold of it until I’ve done it all then send it all off in one (that’s what I did)

But remember you don’t need to send your cpc pass. They will automatically send you a cpc card within 15days of passing. (Took about a week for me)

cheers dean :smiley:

& splitpin thats chap! thats the plan bud thankyou for the advice

hopefully i’ll have some news of passing the next part

have you more experianced chaps got some advice on any other worthwhile bolt ons so to speak for a newbie to get, possibly a construction card ADR forklift licence-any specific stuff that will be worth me having for my future in driving lorrys for a living!

thanks again

Congratulations on getting your cat C licence dude. Nice one! :sunglasses:

Good luck with securing a job.

cheers lj

been making a few contacts regarding work locally so hopefully may bag some work

been offered some skip work, moneys a bit crap but I’m thinking it may be worth doing for a little while for the experience of manoeuvres in tight spots - work is work when ya a newbie isn’t it

Well done mate

Now, be prepared to do all the terrible jobs for little to no money as everyone wants 2 years experience in driving them, I’m in the same boat, wrestling with agency’s for my money , what little they pay, thinking of buying a novelty licence with my real details on just a fake pass date, only way I can see me getting into the good money

well my initial cpc case study test is booked at my local office for the 18th of July so plenty of revision time

a little question the 2nd part the show me tell bit!

do I have to hire a lorry to do that, my local test centre for that is garrets green in Birmingham or is that something I can book & go do off my own back, most of that is about immigration, drugs, load safety etc. etc. isn’t it?

the show me tell me doesn’t bother me as much as the case study part to be honest, I’d like to get the two tests out of the way now really

I have totted up what its cost me all in so far including fuel costs & so far I’m at £2130-personally I don’t think its too bad, compared to what I have been doing it should pay off!

it would have been ALOT less money out of my pocket if I could keep the nerves in check on the practical test day, suffice to say I got nervy more than once :blush: :smiley: I don’t give a toss now I have the blue practical pass paper, I’ve been told more than once by a good few un-biased people I’m a half decent driver for a newbie & have plenty of COMMON! I’m happy to go along with comments like that!

I’m going to be a right sad git today & watch mothertruckers & some stobart trucks n trailers (which I don’t actually really like that much but its lorry’s & the job isn’t it)
I have convoy & white line fever on dvd so that may get watched AGAIN in between some revision/whilst I revise for initial cpc

cheers for all the advice all!!! time for a brew!

Mod4 ‘Show me Tell me’ should be booked through a training school. A good school can train you in a couple of hours. It cost me £205, 2 and a half years ago. Just make sure they have the Load Demonstration Trolley so you can familiarise yourself with the ratchet straps, chain tensioiners, and dolly knots.

Best of luck

I know the outlay for training is a lot. But it’s worth it in the end.

Well done nervoustimes. If you have a look on the Vosa website it lists the owner drivers and small to large hauliers s in your area.
The site you need is the O licence applications and the contact details sre on it.
The job search sites of Eures, Gumtree and Rapido may be of some use.
Maybe get the Adr for packages and tankers to start with household drops in a rigid.
Then the fun starts with pallet multidrops down the farm lanes.

with regards to module 4 do I have to hire a lorry to do that, my local test centre for that is garrets green in Birmingham or is that something I can book & go do off my own back, most of that is about immigration, drugs, load safety etc. etc. isn’t it?

the show me tell me doesn’t bother me as much as the case study part to be honest, I’d like to get the two tests out of the way now really

Yes you need a lorry, best go through a trainer

ok noworries I know who I’ll be phoning once I have the mod 2 in the bag! cheers for the info bud!