PASSED CLASS 2 woop woop advice on what to do next?

WOO HOO!

Passed my CPC CASE STUDIES THIS MORNING AT 8 25AM, started at 8am I thought it was pretty easy to be honest-although I need to clue up on some more road rules regaurding parking/loading/unloading road markings!!!

well chuffed, ■■■■ I wish I could see what questions I got wrong but hey I have passed :smiley: about three questions through me a bit but hey I cant fuss can I :stuck_out_tongue:

just waiting to hear from the training company I did my class two practical with about when I can do the CPC practical at least all the initial CPC is done & dusted

then the class 2 job hunt will start in earnest to fund adding various other bits n bobs to my licence before I do class1 practical-I think a little time in the saddle will pay off before I do class 1

the dreams of driving v8 diesels with straight pipes isn’t disappearing… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: along way off but its my goal

Well Done on your Mod2 Pass :slight_smile:

cheers again dean, I thought i’d fluffed it because it seemed tooo easy - if that makes sence

every single question I got started “make the BEST choice” from the selection below, I got the same question about CPC periodic training at least 6 times which was strange ? :unamused:

hgv training place reckons they should have a training day including test within two weeks so I have some time to read posts on here about the practical CPC test, I have managed to do some training for that on the sly already, so should be ok on it I hope

its a long road to get it but once I’ve got it i’ll treasure my licence/s feel just as proud if not more so than when I got my BIG bike licence many moons ago

I was speaking to a chap that works for the post office, he was ■■■■■■■■ & moaning that he hated driving for them, he’s been with them 24 years its kept him stable financially, kept the bills paid & has no debts hmmmm■■?

local truck to me

youtube.com/watch?v=fxQkpNb9RHk

before I forget,

my licence is due a new photo, I have held off sending off for my new licence as any new cards to do with driving i’d like them to all have the same photo

do I get a drivers qualification card now I have completed my initial CPC?

do I need to complete the practical CPC test before I get the card?

cheers all :smiley: cant wait to get out there…

nervoustimes:
before I forget,

my licence is due a new photo, I have held off sending off for my new licence as any new cards to do with driving i’d like them to all have the same photo

do I get a drivers qualification card now I have completed my initial CPC?

do I need to complete the practical CPC test before I get the card?

cheers all :smiley: cant wait to get out there…

the photo for all other cards is taken from your driving licence photo so sending it off will not be a problem

You have passed the C test so on passing mod 4 the DSA will automatically send you a DQC which will be expiry dated 5 years from the date of passing mod 4

You will need driving licence for doing the mod 4 test

cheers again ROG!!!

well I’m booked to do the CPC practical test - hope I can pass this & get it done & dusted!

any advice hints tips reference material you guys can recommend that would be superb!!!

I have had a search on YouTube now as I’ve just got home & found one 40minute video that shows a fair bit

I’m sure there was some questions from the practical test a trainer or member on here posted but I cant find them, or maybe they are on a trainers website, I’m sure I seen them before :question: :confused:

I know I have looked over something to do with practical CPC on here a little while back

so yeah hope to have good news on Tuesday if I can pass practical cpc, I’m basically in the clear for the BASIC training par then aren’t I?

does any of what i’ve completed count towards PERIODIC CPC?

thanks again guys ‘n’ gals

Check out the mod 4 sticky - in that there is a PDF by Flair training

cheers ROG I think it was the flair training questions pdf - foolishly I’ve just realised I had already downloaded it (Rodney-what a P-lonker) could I find the ■■■■ thing for looking though-I suppose the saying wood for trees is creeping in LOL :smiley:

I think these plus the DSA heavy goods book on the subjects they go through for the practical CPC test & the YouTube videos & of course the training the company is giving me should stand me in good enough stead… I hope :open_mouth:

nervoustimes:
(Rodney-what a P-lonker)

LOL. :laughing:

Anyway, well done mate on passing the case studies and good luck now with the practical. :sunglasses:

just some of the vids/links i’m using for research for the CPC PRACTICAL test, hopefully this will help others

youtube.com/watch?v=oOzX8TPV_6s

youtube.com/watch?v=wK–gVI-WHI

nolgvbrokers.co.uk/blog/2010 … s-answers/

seems mostly common sense but with the odd question worded in a strange manner to mess with ya head a little!

plus some info from flairhgvtraining

do I have to demo the DOLLY KNOT / TRUCKERS HITCH FOR THE CPC PRACTICAL TEST

nervoustimes:
do I have to demo the DOLLY KNOT / TRUCKERS HITCH FOR THE CPC PRACTICAL TEST

Not unless you choose to say rope instead of strap in an answer

You get asked - how would you secure ****** ?
The choice of answers are
Restraining bar
Chain
Strap
Rope

I cannot think of one that would require rope as the answer because strap can be used instead

brilliant rog thankyou again, i’m on a day off so I’ve been ■■■■■■■ around in the garden with rope trying to get it in my head ready, I can sort of do it :slight_smile: but i’m not confidant with it, I’ve used ratchet straps alot so i’ll take that option I think pheeeewwwwww!

the trainer guy I have is 70+ years old so he’ll probably have a way of showing me the knot so its so simple, knots I think are one of those 1 to 1 things you should be shown, learning from a book or video its all to easy to pass the rope a wrong way & just balls it up generally

a bit nervous for my upcoming test but I think ihave the knowledge/common sense, just hope I say all the right things they want to hear on the day…

There are some youtube videos showing how to do dolly knots if really interested

Try here = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667&p=724668#p504402

woop woop passed module 4!!! now the fun begins, i hope!!! I passed a while ago but had a couple of family funerals so had to stick with doing what i’m doing for the time being to let the “■■■■” pass by if you lot know what I mean, bide my time sorta thing, I just hope I can nail a lorry driving job for the run to Christmas & beyond, looking for depot to depot or work without handball as I’ve managed to tear the cartlidge in my knee-■■■■■■ me right off as I’ve gained half an effin stone in weight LOL :smiley: what a plonka

found some vids on YouTube on using various brands of digital tachograph so need to clue myself up as I’ve not used one
so I’m now on the hunt for work!!! I don’t mind if its 7.5T work initially or part time as i’m happy to be newbie, drivers mate tea maker as long as I get behind the wheel of a truck & start earning a bit back so I can save for class 1

to be honest I don’t mind driving rigids for a few years, build my reputation of reliability etc etc

so glad to have finally got the bulk of training done-I actually failed module 4 1st time (thieving DSA) I did the exact same explanations on my 2nd test & passed with 100% which was bloody strange I must say! just shows to me its a revenue scam! but I have got it so that’s that-its behind me now

so I have my class2 license
have my initial drivers CPC card
have my digicard for tachograph machines

have some experience but not a lot-where do I go from here apart from apply apply apply for all jobs going-I have my sandwich box & flask ready, my hi-viz vest is washed, my capped boots have been rubbed with dubbing to make them super soft/watertight, long johns & thermal long sleeve vest at the ready for the cold snap

re-hashing my CV/cover letter this week when I get a little time, & printing loads off so I can go around in my van asking in person/face to face directly

any other tips or tacho links etc etc would be greatly appreciated, hope to be out on the road with like minded folk as soon as possible

I have passed my class c recently and it is hard to find work, a lot of the agency’s in my area will only ofer 7.5 tone as to gain some experience.
It really is a case of starting at the bottom but a really good time to have passed with the cristmas run on the way.