Passed! :) but....

Hey all,

Passed my class 2 on the 4th March, first time, 4 minors.
3 minors for not keeping up with the flow of traffic, and the other 1, well the examiner asked me to pull up on the left hand side where safe to do so. So I pull over, fine, drive on. Got back to the test centre and he says to me ‘’ you are allowed to get your wheels wet!‘’ I stopped a foot away from the kerb because there was a puddle! :laughing:

Anyway, passed MOD 4 Friday with 100%.

But, ive gone and done the silly thing! Sent my pass certificate away without signing the declaration. Hoping they send it back rather sharpish, but knowing DVLA, it will be a few weeks. :blush:

Congratulations on the pass…

Congrats on the pass! :smiley:

Give DVLA a call and see what they say…

Best of luck & now I’m wondering what you will do if it’s raining? :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley:

Sounds like the examiner has a sense of humour which is always good, but congrats on the pass and I suspect they’ll send it back pretty quick with a bit of red pen around the offending empty bit. If they do, they’ll also probably send you an envelope with a code written on the front - use that and it’ll get processed much quicker.

Evil - you nearly made me spill my Frosties all over the keyboard with the raining comment! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the pass :slight_smile:

Well done on the pass Ashleigh, is it on to class 1 next or you happy with a (rigid) :grimacing:

I see no-one’s taking the bait yet, the lads are behaving themselves for now :wink: . . .

Mmmm think il give the rigid a go for a little while, would definitely like to have my class 1 done by the end of the summer though.

Yeah I was expecting abit more stick… time will tell :laughing:

You approached any firms yet?..And what sort of work you looking for on rigids…Palletline/food service type work?..See your in Norfolk…So you could give the likes of freight force…Bartrums.Jack richards…They all run ridgids…

Oh and were all well behaved on here…Most of the time…lol

Well behaved? That’s only because there’s only so much abuse u can inflict on VAN drivers before it just becomes cruel…

Congratulations on your pass! :smiley:

Could I have a bigger copy of your avatar photo? :wink:

Got an interview for Muller dairy, and got to call Bartrums back about an interview. I dont mind either work on rigids to be honest.

Got my licence back from DVLA, didnt even return the certificate to get me to sign it. So got C+E provisional added on so might look at doing that sooner rather than later, then I guess if I pass I wont be a VAN driver :laughing:

Thanks Micky, you cheeky sod. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

Good luck with your interview!! :smiley:

MickyB666:
Could I have a bigger copy of your avatar photo? :wink:

Micky, if she ever agrees to it you can get in line mate :grimacing:

Seriously good luck, with one - possibly two interviews. It’s good to have a choice, go in there and smash it - not literally :open_mouth:

You’ll probably do better than us lads trying to get that all important first job behind the wheel!

D’B

Congratulations on the pass well done and good luck in the interview.
When you get a start do what everyone does if in doubt ask,use your C license as experience for your artic.

Funny how drivers on here make fun of “van drivers” have just passed their c+e lol so don’t worry about giving stick back it’s half the fun of being on here :grimacing:

Daytrunker:
Funny how drivers on here make fun of “van drivers” have just passed their c+e lol so don’t worry about giving stick back it’s half the fun of being on here :grimacing:

Hello! :smiley:

I do it in jest mate, as I had it, and it drove me on to get C+E…
I’m doing a public service! :grimacing:
Can I send you the bill pal? :wink:

P.S. Do you want roses, candles and a violinist for your table Micky? :laughing:

Evil everyone does me included lol it’s all good its part of the fun and motivation of doing your c+e :grimacing:

Surprised Beaver hasn’t popped up not like him to miss a bragging C+E moment :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Daytrunker:
Evil everyone does me included lol it’s all good its part of the fun and motivation of doing your c+e :grimacing:

Surprised Beaver hasn’t popped up not like him to miss a bragging C+E moment :stuck_out_tongue: lol

He’ll turn up, he floats in effluence! :smiley:
I’ve respect for those that “earn their stripes” by doing a bit of class C for a while, and I see it as free practice for the C+E test…
I’d hate to be a class 1 god, and not really know how to drive a VAN! :laughing:

I’m driving one now! :grimacing:

JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY…

I have been on the Class C for 7 Years. Along time to be a van driver I know but I’m not brave enough to tackle a Big Bendy Truck. Although I do drive a Big Bendy Tug on Felixstowe Port, does that Count ?

Congratulations by the way

keebs26uk:
I have been on the Class C for 7 Years. Along time to be a van driver I know but I’m not brave enough to tackle a Big Bendy Truck. Although I do drive a Big Bendy Tug on Felixstowe Port, does that Count ?

Congratulations by the way

Why do you image it to be harder? :open_mouth:
Yes it takes a bit of practice, as does anything…
Personally I prefer industrial style pallet multi-drop in a class 1 than 2 after doing both. The drops are easier to access and navigate around, as they are generally industrial estates, not tight and nasty drops, with the general public jumping into your reversing space at every opportunity… People are more patient, they don’t run and hide so much, as it’s their full time job to drive the forks. Drops are 90% forked off, so you just open the curtain, knowing your next drop is over the road or next door. You can do 6+ separate drops in that estate, or maybe empty the entire trailer… The added bonus with the industrial estate, is that you can normally get a hot cardiac arrest and cup of tea! :wink:
Yes the reversing will initially scare the crap out of you, but you just say you’re a newbie looking to remodel the place, and you will normally get help from someone who ACTUALLY understands your blind spots, and doesn’t just stand in em! :laughing: As such, I find it a lot more chilled than the VAN work on the same firm, as with that, you get sent all over the shop, and it’s not regular drops like Class 1, 2/3 of your load on the VANS, can be to places you have never been before. So get ready for a little adventure now and then, as postcodes can be a bit general in some areas, and it’s easy to arrive at the wrong side of a low bridge, as that’s the end of the road it thinks that postcode is. The looks you get as you trundle down a track road in a VAN heading towards a low bridge, praying that you don’t meet a vehicle coming the other way! :grimacing: You don’t get those sorts of drops in a bendy…

I’m not saying one is better than the other, as it depends on the person. Yes I liked the varied challenge of the VAN work, but I’m over 40 and like the path of low stress, and to me class 1 is less stressful. I’ve not had time to get bored of it¬ :laughing: