Passed! :) but....

Haven’t wrote on here for a while but been hiding and reading through some things.

Just thought I’d update this. I got a job with Muller Dairy class 2 doing caged deliveries to little shops all around Norfolk Suffolk and left after a few weeks. Didn’t like the fact that you had to go in and sort your own cages and then load.
I ended up at Tesco doing home shopping deliveries, just to gain a few pennies back. Finished there last month.

Booked my artic 2 months ago, and had it yesterday and PASSED with 9 minors. Pretty disappointed with the high minor marks but had to have 2 shunts on the reverse. As with what happens all the time you nail it with the instructor yet the examiner comes along and you completely c*ck it up… Hey ho a pass is a pass I guess!

I’d like to give tramping a go now… Anyone here got some experience and views to share as to whether it’s a good idea or not?

Conrats Ashleigh! :smiley:
The amount of minors you clocked up is immaterial really, a pass is a pass! :grimacing:
(Plus I beat you! :wink:)

Best of luck with the tramping, just be warned that if a bloke called DipperDave turns up and offers assistance…
LOCK ALL YOUR DOORS! :open_mouth:

Hi and congratulations on the pass…You got the licence so thats the main thing…Now the real learning starts.Tramping is pretty much a life style kind of thing as well as a job…And to be honest why a woman would want to do it i’ve no idea…Just for the simple reason of the ■■■■ poor facilities that are available now…Having said that there are plenty of woman who do it…So maybe some on here will give you some of there experiences…Also got to find what kind of haulage you fancy doing…Be it containers,General or any of the others…Not many good if any Haulage firms around norfolk/suffolk nowadays…But if your tramping you could try further afield as you’ll only be commuting twice a week…My round trip is about 260 miles…Good luck with it all.Whatever you decide to do…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sometimes it can take a while for me to pop up…but as an incredibly talented CE driver, you are lucky I bothered.

Well done on getting your van licence.

eagerbeaver:
Sometimes it can take a while for me to pop up…but as an incredibly talented CE driver, you are lucky I bothered.

Your not reading it properly beaver.She has her bendy licence now…

eagerbeaver:

Keep up at the back slow one, the lady passed her class 1 as well now.
Talented and bright are clearly different things mate! :wink:

Yes I know. And in another 6 months the further acknowledgement will follow.

Whooosh. (I will let Vader off because he is a Downton Brother, you Beez though are a Bellend and do not escape so lightly :wink: )

eagerbeaver:

Whooosh. (I will let Vader off because he is a Downton Brother, you Beez though are a Bellend and do not escape so lightly :wink: )

OK, I’ll believe you, thousands wouldn’t! :grimacing:

And stop parking your truck outside pubs, you don’t drive a van for P&H anymore… :wink:

Ive been tramping for about 3 months now. Absolutley love it.

As someone said its not a job its a lifestyle. I have a 13 week old daughter and im not sure she remembers me when i get home for the first few hours so that can be hard. But my 18 (nearly) month old daughters face lights up no end when i get home so that is magical.

By the by the work seems a lot more relaxed tramping than artic on days which i did for about 4 months before tramping. You get left alone a lot more and its not so paramount you get to the drop and tipped and then have the time to get home.

Im on general haulage so the work is varied and i get all over the country. Last week on Tuesday i was in Brora north of Inverness with a flat on on the Wednesday i was in somerset with a fridge doing a job for woodheads( c/o morrisons)

Not been with agency so cant say what tramping is like through them. But find a resonable company and give it a whirl.

eagerbeaver:

Haha…Good lad…

Congrats on the class 1 pass. I passed mine a few weeks back. Gone from car to class 1 in 2 years. Though 12 months for all truck licences starting on 7.5t.

Got like 11 minors on 7.5t and 11 on Class 2 then got 3 minors on Class 1 and one for shunting on reverse. A pass is a pass.

Not surprised you left the dairy job and tesco though tesco is a case of just taking cage to back of truck and lowering it down so easy work on the class 2 side of things unless home delivery ■■■■ that ■■■■.

I’ve not done tramping so far. Just took a job on nights where I do ■■■■ all and earn same as what I did at PH. Get to drive class 1 and wag and drag. Reversing wag and drag is an utter pain.

Make sure you take a job on your terms and one you’ll enjoy.

I want to do tramping .yet to pass amy tests .class 2 wednesday .
What sort of cash can be earned HONESTLY
cheers
Oh and congrats op x

Tramping isn’t something you think you might fancy a crack at, it’s like going on a new camping holiday every week.

And it might not be camping terrain or weather.

I was a day man on 7.5s, then rigids, stressed to within an inch of my sanity, getting back to base with minutes to spare.

Now I just do what I can, and leave what I can’t do. Safe in the knowledge that my bed is less than a foot behind me.

PaulNowak:
Tramping isn’t something you think you might fancy a crack at, it’s like going on a new camping holiday every week.

I was a day man on 7.5s, then rigids, stressed to within an inch of my sanity, getting back to base with minutes to spare.

Now I just do what I can, and leave what I can’t do. Safe in the knowledge that my bed is less than a foot behind me.

Maybe thats what I need to do. I’m acutely aware of the fact that I must be back for the day man, along with his trailer and have the unit fueled and ready. Maybe thats why I’m not enjoying the job as I thought I would.

I was getting up at 1.30 am, to start work at 2, and finding my motor not loaded. An hour later, after helping or doing the whole loading job myself, I’d put my card in and head off on a massive day.

Where I am now is as straight as they come. If it’s not on the card, it doesn’t get paid. So you make ■■■■ sure it gets put on your card, even if it’s a manual entry.

I could never go back to day work.

Sent using smoke and mirrors.

Our place put us under no pressure whatsoever. Even if a drop is running late, just keep them in the loop. Your phone never goes off, unless it’s just someone giving you a courtesy call to tell you about your backload.

Other than that, do the jobs on your sheet, and ring in when empty.

Sent using smoke and mirrors.

PaulNowak:

Mate i was recently homless ,Lived inside a caravan in my unit for 20 months .love my own company and have been reading up on it.I am just after honest opinion of earning :wink: