Part Time International Driving

Hi can anyone tell me where the best place to look for work would be?
Used to do occasional runs out of Heathrow to Schipol, Paris, Dublin etc.
Looking for some part time international work. I’m regularly available 4 days then not for 4.
Living near High Wycombe.
Thanks.

best ring the people who you used to do bits for
do you still have upto date avaition security pass

as you are available for only four days then i asume you have a job working 4 on 4 off.
under rtd you won’t be able to work more than a few hours per week and any company that employs you knowing that you are already working for 4 days will be breaking the law and liable for prosecution if there is an accident and it is discovered that you already work full time.
the traffic commissioners have got really tough on this type of employment, eddie stobart was recently targetted for a similar offence and they have had to change some of the management at the depot concerned to prevent themselves from further action against their o licence.
the road transport directive restricts drivers hours of work to just 48 per week on average over 17 or 26 weeks.
if you have a job on 4 on 4 off and work 12 hours then you have 42 hours work already.

Yeah, like the agency driver I once employed who refused to do a night out because he was due down the pit on nights :open_mouth:

If your near high wycombe then why not try some of the air freight firms at heathrow.

I know there was one who used to do runs to schipol and lux on a rota but can’t remember their name.

I see there trucks most days on M25 so will post name once I’m back to work.

Cheers
Neilf

The only one i can think of off the top of my head is Cranleigh Freight, dont think theyre doing all that well though from what was said on here a while ago.

Kindle530

It’s not cranleigh freight. I know a few of there ex-drivers and your right in that the euro/airfreight side isn’t doing as well as it was.

The firm I’m thinking about run white FH’s with red chassis on little wheels pulling grey tilts with various air freight firms on the sides. I think the new units are on personalised plates but i’m sure they used to run on lux plates.

It’s bugging me as there names on the tip of my tongue.

Cheers
neilf

neilf:
Kindle530

It’s not cranleigh freight. I know a few of there ex-drivers and your right in that the euro/airfreight side isn’t doing as well as it was.

The firm I’m thinking about run white FH’s with red chassis on little wheels pulling grey tilts with various air freight firms on the sides. I think the new units are on personalised plates but i’m sure they used to run on lux plates.

It’s bugging me as there names on the tip of my tongue.

Cheers
neilf

Saints??

Bullitt

You mean Cargolux, the same company that Penfold did glass for

Wheel Nut:

nah that’s luxguard ain’t it malc? cargolux is an airline only a.f.a.i.k - is it watkins & sole?

jj72:

Wheel Nut:

nah that’s luxguard ain’t it malc? cargolux is an airline only a.f.a.i.k - is it watkins & sole?

Thought it was the same company. Luxguard did Guardian glass and Cargolux did air freight.

Penfold will be back soon, I just remember those luxguard lads on the TT ferry from Felixstowe

could try Jan de Rijk got an office on Poyle Road just off J14 M25, don’t no what pays like, i was going to subbie for them about 4 years ago , offered me three Heathrow - Schipols a week @ 75p a mile :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

There is, was a firm on central way ind est off ■■■■■ Road Feltham with FH12’s used to do air frieght can’t remember there name, havn’t been round there for a couple of years.

Are Cavewood still going? They were based in or just outside High Wycombe.

Tramper:

Not sure if they are still going, I think they were bought out by a French company. They were on the Cressex Industrial Estate in High Wycombe, Coronation Road if memory serves. Delivered there a few times…

arent cavewood called geddis now coffee?
seen a few of their motors up and down the m40/m25 is that the right firm?

Could well be, I’m sure they got bought out and that name rings a bell now you mention it.

wirralpete:
arent cavewood called geddis now coffee?
seen a few of their motors up and down the m40/m25 is that the right firm?

no no cavewoods are still going. they had a warehouse in crossgates , leeds next to longs of leeds. i know they moved everything out of there to warrington but from what ive seen just lately up there they are running in and out of there again.

cavewoods are part of the geodis group.

if i remember the trailers still carry the cavewood name but the units have geddis written on them

Coffeeholic:

Tramper:

Not sure if they are still going, I think they were bought out by a French company. They were on the Cressex Industrial Estate in High Wycombe, Coronation Road if memory serves. Delivered there a few times…

Was with a Cavewood Driver on the Train last year, he was telling me that when Geodis bought them out they tried to lose the Cavewood name, but none of Cavewood’s customers would deal with Geodis, so the Cavewood name had to stay. They are still on Cressex Ind. Est in Wycombe, saw a New FH only today in their colours.

I’m not back to work yet so haven’t seem one but I’m sure the name of the firm I’m thinking of is air cargo trans or something like that. I’m sure they used to be based on radius park, ■■■■■ road, feltham but it’s 4 or 5 years since I’ve been up that way.

I did think of Jan de Rijk knowing they have a place at poyle but just thought I’d get shot down in flames with dutch firm, day & night etc.etc.

Hope you get something sorted and I’ll post name of the firm once I see one.

Cheers
Neilf