Parkinson of Preston

Heard on the trucking grapevine tonight that H Parkinson of Preston are packing up with the fridge haulage,.
A lot of there work was on the beef so might be something to do with it,.
Has anyone else heard anything not sure how many trucks are on fridges but he is keeping ten on the scrap seemingly.
The same old story that i have heard before, foot and mouth strikes and the farmers get compensation, and the abatoirs and hauliers go out of business.

there was a couple on here from parkys.

i think one was scaniamad and another was big george.

Hi Klunk just reading your post, are you getting your Parkinsons mixed up? H Parkinson run green and white trucks mainly on tautliner based work, the other is Ian Parkinson who runs red trucks on a mix off fridge and scrap metal work. I haven’t heard anything about either of them packing up!

I dont work for Parky anymore however i still know some of the lads and they havnt said out,not long got quite a few new fridges,maybe true,maybe not,but looking at hit i dont think its true,will ask around :wink:

Sorry i did not know there were two parkinsons i have checked with the man that told me and it is the red ones Ian Parkinson they were asked to cover a load today and they could not as they were finishing up.

thought it was don’t think the other Parkinsons are involved in scrap haulage.
fridge rates aren’t what they used to be these days

there you go … you heard it here first… even their own drivers dont know. :laughing:

sorry chaps i finished for him six weeks ago but just phoned four of his drivers and they have not heard anything also phoned my brother who drops his son off every saturday to wash lorrys and he was in the yard this morning and he aint heard anythin…
klunk its probably just a pack of lies they are good at telling them in that office probably over booked so just knocked it back

Got told today by boss of a fridge firm I know (yes yes MMTM :unamused: ) thet they had tried to sell on their work to him and were packing up - take it at face value :question:

He did say that it was all a little, hmmmm, tightly timed and cost efficient :open_mouth:

Spoke to quite a few mates who work there and it is true he is shutting the fridge side from the 28th of this month and he is having an auction in his yard on 6th october and he will continue to run 10 or 12 wagons on scrap and tipper work.

well thats another euro firm gone :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :imp: :imp: :imp:

maybe it would be a good idea if anybody is interested to nip down and get a load of pictures before they are history … another one for the scrapbook.

Oh dear thats bad news another international firm packing up i had hoped it was only a rumour,
On the same note we were offered a load last week to Vigo so the boss started to look for backloads he was offered a load from Vigo to Frazerburgh for £1300 ferry paid we used to do the same load five years ago for £2500 but that was before Willy Betz got involved :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Oh dear thats bad news another international firm packing up i had hoped it was only a rumour,
On the same note we were offered a load last week to Vigo so the boss started to look for backloads he was offered a load from Vigo to Frazerburgh for £1300 ferry paid we used to do the same load five years ago for £2500 but that was before Willy Betz got involved :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

christ i thought we got offered some crap rates ex spain (22 tonne tinplate murcia to basildon for £1500 - erm, no ta) but that takes the biscuit klunk :frowning:

if anyone wants any photos i have quite a few of his fleet i will post some on here this weekend some time

big george:
if anyone wants any photos i have quite a few of his fleet i will post some on here this weekend some time

yes please

big george:

WELL DONE, yes please. :stuck_out_tongue:

big george:

so who ya on for now then George ? How come ya left Parkys ? Passed one of Loane Transport in Roscommon last month with a Parky Frdige on his back!!

So I take this firm will be looking for a new haulier then ? gafoor.com/, will be there for the taking…

Or is it them that has caused his downfall…Kinda made me laugh the slogan, 100 % British, Gafoor, 100% Halal, on Parkys fridges, I dont remember you having to be British to eat Halal meat or the fact that Halal Meat is British ?

Didnt they do fish from Scotland to Europe ? also ran from Kepac from Chorley, saw a few of theirs in there

Shame, they had some decent tackle and the new fridges they bought were impressive…

malcolmharrison.co.uk/auctio … cfm?ID=905

Even selling his 143 tractor puller :confused:

Hes selling some kit there, cant really understand y hes getting rid of so many tractor units if the Bulk haulage is expanding, Surely he would need these ? The Fridges yep, can understand that. He must have had some work on then due to the amount of trailers up for sale,

one mans loss is another mans gain as they say… Funnily enuff my borther has been offered work already via the parky closure!!! …only snag is the 60 day wait for ya money now!

im on for dumfries freight now doing tipper work . if anyone is go to the auction there is some really tidy kit to be had there is some really nice trailers an the r series scania is real good goin lorry the 143 he has for sale will be a real good buy for someone it is half restored the engine is totally rebuilt all new pumps an turbo i think just wants the chassis painting if your looking for a 164 580 there is some really tidy ones to be had if your going let yourself be know and i will let you buy me a coffee :slight_smile: :slight_smile: