Parkinson of Preston

So hes packing the Fridges in because of the fact that

He did say that it was all a little, hmmmm, tightly timed and cost efficient

? Isnt that the same in any sector of Haulage ?

I bet the 143 goes for a good price and those Chereau Frdiges will be best part of £20 Grand I reckon

Is all his stuff bought or purchased leased George ? He will get some good prices for the kit but when you compare on what he spent new and the paint jobs / livery etc, it will hit home how much hes actually lost.

Good to hear you got fixed up , you dont miss Europe then ?

no not really its good to be local well i call local anywhere in the uk its good to be home a few nights a week as well now plus im earning a lot more even if im home every night

USED TO MEET A PARKINSON DRIVER IN V2P (RUNGEES) PARIS ON SAT NIGHTS.HE DONE KEEPAK UK I WAS KEEPAK IRL, ANYWAY THE CROOKEDIST BEAN I EVER MET.CLEN MAD :laughing: :laughing:

They made fortune on them trucks at auction some only lost a few K off there original screen price :open_mouth: Also the reason they lost most of the work was that Kepak were bought out by Dunbia meats and they have there own fleet of trucks

Big Dorris:
They made fortune on them trucks at auction some only lost a few K off there original screen price :open_mouth: Also the reason they lost most of the work was that Kepak were bought out by Dunbia meats and they have there own fleet of trucks

So was most of Parkys work from Keepak ? and Keepak is now Glanbia Meats ?

As far as I know his biggest (fridge) customer was Kepak he even rented trucks to them, but he has always done the scrap metal stuff, Glanbia/Dunbia I think there IS a link but I’m not to sure, both are Irish though

I was reading this topic the other day! Looking through the Jobcentreplus, i see that H.Parkinson.Haulage is recruiting for a Class 1 Driver!

http://www.hph-preston.co.uk/

Im presuming these are the Green and White lorries that have been mentioned?

stormnation:
Im presuming these are the Green and White lorries that have been mentioned?

nope wrong … these are the ones.

Ah yes, the greenies are the ones that weren’t selling up ?

Whats happened to I.Parkinson then?

stormnation:
Whats happened to I.Parkinson then?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Sorry i did not know there were two parkinsons i have checked with the man that told me and it is the red ones Ian Parkinson they were asked to cover a load today and they could not as they were finishing up.

big george:
Spoke to quite a few mates who work there and it is true he is shutting the fridge side from the 28th of this month and he is having an auction in his yard on 6th october and he will continue to run 10 or 12 wagons on scrap and tipper work.

robv8:
http://www.malcolmharrison.co.uk/auctions/auction_details.cfm?ID=905

Even selling his 143 tractor puller :confused:

i dont think you have read all this thread. :wink: :wink: :laughing:
[/quote]

big george:
im on for dumfries freight now doing tipper work . if anyone is go to the auction there is some really tidy kit to be had there is some really nice trailers an the r series scania is real good goin lorry the 143 he has for sale will be a real good buy for someone it is half restored the engine is totally rebuilt all new pumps an turbo i think just wants the chassis painting if your looking for a 164 580 there is some really tidy ones to be had if your going let yourself be know and i will let you buy me a coffee :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Is that loton transport from newry

hi ellies dad it was luton transport i was driving for but not anymore

big george:
hi ellies dad it was luton transport i was driving for but not anymore

I can imagine why :question:

it wasnt to bad mate didnt mind the hours it was just the maintenance but it was just a put on till i found something else