Parking Weight Signs

Hey all, I’ve only just registered up to this forum to seek some help. Today I had my Class 2 test in which I failed in a stupid way, weight restrictions. I was going down some road which leaded to a roundabout and both exits from the roundabout there was a 7.5ton weight limit which my test examiner said take which ever exit even though I shouldn’t get down either of them, he was the one who leaded me onto the road before the weight restrictions applied. Him saying to me pick an exit I decided to carry on straight down the road in which he then told me that I shouldn’t be down there yet he said pick an exit!! So I failed. Either way what ever exit I would have picked would have been wrong and the roundabout was to small to turn back in the other direction. Towards the end I saw another sign saying 7.5ton weight limit, as I knew I failed I asked about us being over weight and he said its only a “Parking weight limit” and it didn’t have expect for access either…

So what actually are the difference between parking weight limit and weight restriction road signs? or is there even parking weight signs? :S The sign I saw was exactly the same as the weight restrictions sings…

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

I think your examiner has ■■■■■■ up and you are carrying the can for him TBH. I’d be reporting it and getting street names and pictures to help your case for a re-test.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I think your examiner has [zb] up and you are carrying the can for him TBH. I’d be reporting it and getting street names and pictures to help your case for a re-test.

In the end I failed with another thing as I got ■■■■■■ off with a unfair fail so basically gave up, wasn’t happy with it after spending £1550 last week for training then for this to happen! So I don’t think I could appeal for anything now. Also I have no idea where it was so I can’t get the street name haha

Was you doing the independent part of your driving test?

neilp1982:
Was you doing the independent part of your driving test?

Nah, I done that near the start I was about half way through when this happened.

On the same note I even got minors for my speed, yet I was doing the limit along the motorway and duel carriage ways along with most other roads unless I felt it was to fast for me to safely control the lorry :confused:

So you failed for going into a weight restricted road, did either of the exits have this sign on it? or very similar.

weeto:
So you failed for going into a weight restricted road, did either of the exits have this sign on it?

Nope they both had these type of signs

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I think your examiner has [zb] up and you are carrying the can for him TBH. I’d be reporting it and getting street names and pictures to help your case for a re-test.

That would depend, one exit could have a weighted parking restriction sign and the other could have had a weight restriction sign on, both can have a 7.5t limit on them, they can do this to check you are being observant.

weeto:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

That would depend, one exit could have a weighted parking restriction sign and the other could have had a weight restriction sign on, both can have a 7.5t limit on them, they can do this to check you are being observant.

The only things on the sign post was the picture of the 7.5t weight and the locations of which way go where. No other signs was around

UniqueHaze:

weeto:
So you failed for going into a weight restricted road, did either of the exits have this sign on it?

Well to be honest, he is still within his rights to fail you, it may seem unfair, but you could have stopped and refuse to go any further.

As Steve said your examiner cocked up you had to go up a road and being given roads which were unsuitable isnt your fault, you could hardly stop at a roundabout.
Where did you take your test?.
I would get in touch with your training school and see what they say.

weeto:

UniqueHaze:

weeto:

Well to be honest, he is still within his rights to fail you, it may seem unfair, but you could have stopped and refuse to go any further.

I couldn’t exactly stop on a rather busy road with loads of mini Islands where cars wouldn’t be able to get around very easy? Either way if I stopped and went no further I’d have to have done something and most likely still failed for what ever I done

Daytrunker:
As Steve said your examiner cocked up you had to go up a road and being given roads which were unsuitable isnt your fault, you could hardly stop at a roundabout.
Where did you take your test?.
I would get in touch with your training school and see what they say.

My instructor knows about it and was shocked to know I failed on that as apparently I picked up driving the lorry really quickly. Others have told me to try to appeal the fail but as I’ve said where I got ■■■■■■ off I failed on other bits

Even more reason to appeal because if he hadn’t been a ■■■■ and failed you on the roundabout you wouldnt have got ■■■■■■ off and failed on other stuff.

I think you need to look again at the actual signs on that roundabout. Difficult if you don’t know where it was, but that’s the advice I would give. Forget this nonsense about carrying the can for the examiner - the fact that he mentioned a “parking weight restriction” strongly suggests that you have simply misread the signs, and that although one of them may indeed have been a 7.5T weight restriction, I’d bet a pound to a pinch of s**t the other one was a 7.5T Waiting restriction.

At which test centre did you take your test?

on both my class 2 & 1 i did pretty much the same routes, out of thurrock up to the A13 along to tilbury dock road and down into tilbury town centre, which is a 7.5t weight limit

google.co.uk/maps/@51.47644 … BVZivA!2e0

i passed both tests. during training my instructor told me examineers can take you through weight restricted road as a point to prove you can drive in tight situation etc etc as at times you do need to go through them, granted it does say except for loading but i was going straight through…

Roymondo:
I think you need to look again at the actual signs on that roundabout. Difficult if you don’t know where it was, but that’s the advice I would give. Forget this nonsense about carrying the can for the examiner - the fact that he mentioned a “parking weight restriction” strongly suggests that you have simply misread the signs, and that although one of them may indeed have been a 7.5T weight restriction, I’d bet a pound to a pinch of s**t the other one was a 7.5T Waiting restriction.

At which test centre did you take your test?

As I’ve said there was only one sign which only had the 7.5ton weight limit (Pic in a few comments above) and the locations the road will take you. Nothing else was around

jamiep1988:
on both my class 2 & 1 i did pretty much the same routes, out of thurrock up to the A13 along to tilbury dock road and down into tilbury town centre, which is a 7.5t weight limit

google.co.uk/maps/@51.47644 … BVZivA!2e0

i passed both tests. during training my instructor told me examineers can take you through weight restricted road as a point to prove you can drive in tight situation etc etc as at times you do need to go through them, granted it does say except for loading but i was going straight through…

I was told the only weight restriction area I could go through is one which is part of a test route and the weight restriction has only just been placed

In the absence of a precise location (even the town would be a start!), there’s really no further help you can be given - All we can do is guess what might have gone wrong and let you choose the answer that causes you the least discomfort.

Roymondo:
In the absence of a precise location (even the town would be a start!), there’s really no further help you can be given - All we can do is guess what might have gone wrong and let you choose the answer that causes you the least discomfort.

I’m based down in Kent, I took my test in Gillingham. I don’t actually know where I was when I happened to go wrong though. I kind of felt something wasn’t right as I’ve been around the Medway area alot in the past week and never been up that road for obvious reasons of the weight restricted area.