Parking Ticket

Apparently, in the course of a days work, I’ve picked up a parking ticket. Unfortunately, the first I knew about this was when checking my pay, and investigating why my paywas £50 short. The agency hadn’t mentioned anything about it, and I wasn’t aware of getting the ticket on the day, the first I knew about it was finding my pay/remittance short. I’m a ltd driver if it makes any difference, whats the best way to deal with this?

Unfortunately, it will be standard practice and terms of contract for wages to be deducted to pay any fines.

However, you should have been notified of the parking ticket and given the option to fight it.

I got a ‘yellow box junction’ ticket quite a few years ago when I worked for Maritime, they notified me of it and gave me all the evidence which gave me the chance to fight it - and I won.

it would appear they have accepted guilt/liability on your behalf :frowning: very nice of them ! why don’t they go the whole hog and pay the ruddy fine for you too ■■ I think you should have been notified of the ticket and given the chance to reply to it .

SuffolkLad:
Apparently, in the course of a days work, I’ve picked up a parking ticket. Unfortunately, the first I knew about this was when checking my pay, and investigating why my paywas £50 short. The agency hadn’t mentioned anything about it, and I wasn’t aware of getting the ticket on the day, the first I knew about it was finding my pay/remittance short. I’m a ltd driver if it makes any difference, whats the best way to deal with this?

Go to the Citizens Advice Bureau, they will offer free legal advice if this is as you say, you have been the victim of a fraud, they have not provided you with any evidence for the alleged offence.

These agencies are the scum of the earth with their umbrella schemes and other sharp practice and their complete disregard for their workers, they never cease to amaze me and equally I’m amazed how many people take this crap, go to the office and ask for evidence if they get away with it this time they will do it to you again and again and others like you.

And while you’re out and about go and look for a proper job on the books and stop involving yourself with these crooks.

syramax:
it would appear they have accepted guilt/liability on your behalf :frowning: very nice of them ! why don’t they go the whole hog and pay the ruddy fine for you too ■■ I think you should have been notified of the ticket and given the chance to reply to it .

They have paid the bloody fine, and didn’t have the decency to let me know. I’d walk away from them, but so far they haven’t let me down, until this.

SuffolkLad:
I’m a ltd driver if it makes any difference, whats the best way to deal with this?

You’re stuffed if you didn’t get the agency to sign your “terms of business” your Ltd Co has which should include a clause absolving you of such liabilities. You DID get them to sign your terms of business when you took the agency on as a client?

All rules about not being able to make deductions from pay only apply to employees.

Who issued the parking ticket?

Having been into agency and got some more details, it dates back to Dec 13, when I was paye for the agency. The ticket has already been paid by the client, I’ve got a copy of the notice and photo’s now and will be looking to contest it if I can.
The alleged offence took place on 2/12/13 in the BP garage, Anzani Avenue in Felixstowe, I was pictured parked along the back fence, same side as the truckwash. I need to find out if the garage is public or private land, I’m guessing its private owing to the fact its a PPC thats issued the ticket, and there is also a slight issue with the cctv stills used as proof.

SuffolkLad:
Having been into agency and got some more details, it dates back to Dec 13, when I was paye for the agency. The ticket has already been paid by the client, I’ve got a copy of the notice and photo’s now and will be looking to contest it if I can.
The alleged offence took place on 2/12/13 in the BP garage, Anzani Avenue in Felixstowe, I was pictured parked along the back fence, same side as the truckwash. I need to find out if the garage is public or private land, I’m guessing its private owing to the fact its a PPC thats issued the ticket, and there is also a slight issue with the cctv stills used as proof.

how would the public be able to use the garage if the public were not allowed access :smiley: All land belongs to someone but if public are allowed access then its public land

green456:

SuffolkLad:

how would the public be able to use the garage if the public were not allowed access :smiley: All land belongs to someone but if public are allowed access then its public land

Not quite how I meant the question, and I doubt your definition is right either.

green456:

Irrelevant. If the ticket was issued in a BP garage then it wasn’t issued by either the Police or the local council, and so it wasn’t a “parking ticket”, it was a speculative invoice issued by a private parking company and didn’t need to be paid.

SuffolkLad:

green456:

SuffolkLad:

Not quite how I meant the question, and I doubt your definition is right either.

It is private land, just like the majority of Felixstowe and yes that includes the docks, the owner is the university of cambridge, and basically you would be ■■■■■■■ in the wind trying to fight it to be blunt now that it’s been payed, the only place you can park is in a marked space and on the pumps if your using the garage, they will issue a ticket if you park anywhere different.
I also think you have been let off lightly, it used to be £180ish, they must of dropped the price now the scum can’t clamp you!

weeto:

SuffolkLad:

green456:

SuffolkLad:

It is private land, just like the majority of Felixstowe and yes that includes the docks, the owner is the university of cambridge, and basically you would be ■■■■■■■ in the wind trying to fight it to be blunt now that it’s been payed, the only place you can park is in a marked space and on the pumps if your using the garage, they will issue a ticket if you park anywhere different.
I also think you have been let off lightly, it used to be £180ish, they must of dropped the price now the scum can’t clamp you!

interesting that it is owned by University of Cambridge, ive read numerous posts about parking fines on private land being non enforceable ect and guys being told not to pay… speaking from my own experiences, I used to work for a major university in a cctv control room but was also involved in parking issues/clamping ect… during my time there not one parking ticket was unpaid. some tried by trying to refuse payment, some tried and were successful in removing a clamp, some damaged the clamp. but every ticket was eventually paid 100%… those that damaged the clamp were also charged for the damage or were reported by the police for criminal damage… police supported the parking regulations, and we could obtain details of vehicle ownership from DVLA if needed… just wondering if University,s have a different policy in place regarding any land they own…

If its a student at the uni and the “fine” is issued to them, they withhold awarding your degree until you pay.

unlawful deduction of wages …just google that bud…and have a word with the agency

Conor:
If its a student at the uni and the “fine” is issued to them, they withhold awarding your degree until you pay.

yep thats how it worked with students and staff signed an agreement to parking conditions, but in my own experience tickets were given to visitors, joe public, sub contractors ect…

Harry Monk:

green456:

Irrelevant. If the ticket was issued in a BP garage then it wasn’t issued by either the Police or the local council, and so it wasn’t a “parking ticket”, it was a speculative invoice issued by a private parking company and didn’t need to be paid.

What he said…

It’s what I’d thought, I just needed someone to confirm it. I now have 3 options as I see it. 1) Pay back the haulier and ■■■■ it up. 2) Tell the agency to jog on re iffy deductions. 3) Speak to haulier, hopefully they paid by card, and knowing they don’t want to be out of pocket, let them know they can do a chargeback to recover the money, and pass my details on to the dodgy parking people, who incidentally, have an office not far from me…

Why the ■■■■ do people pay these companies…

some have no option but to pay, despite what some say, i can only speak from my own experiences as i did earlier, but i have had to give written statements to the police re the parking fines issued by the university i worked for, as well as downloading any cctv of the vehicle and user concerned… during my time there there would on average 5 cars a day immobilsed by a clamp with the addded release fee, and as said every release fee would be paid,

i,m not saying i agree with it though, but i was surprised how many people would phone up the control centre to report a parking problem just to get someone clamped… this to me is the pathetic part of the whole thing…

Registered letter to agency telling them that deduction is not lagal and they have 7 days to pay you or you will issue county court summons against them.Advise them they will then be liable for your expenses including but not limited to court costs, loss of earnings, legal expenses, etc.

If they don’t pay then file claim online.

W.

You say that until this the agency have been ok so if you want to keep working for them just put an extra half hour down every now and then until you have your money back, they will never no and much better than falling out.