Parking Ticket

dle1uk:

weeto:

SuffolkLad:

green456:

SuffolkLad:
Having been into agency and got some more details, it dates back to Dec 13, when I was paye for the agency. The ticket has already been paid by the client, I’ve got a copy of the notice and photo’s now and will be looking to contest it if I can.
The alleged offence took place on 2/12/13 in the BP garage, Anzani Avenue in Felixstowe, I was pictured parked along the back fence, same side as the truckwash. I need to find out if the garage is public or private land, I’m guessing its private owing to the fact its a PPC thats issued the ticket, and there is also a slight issue with the cctv stills used as proof.

how would the public be able to use the garage if the public were not allowed access :smiley: All land belongs to someone but if public are allowed access then its public land

Not quite how I meant the question, and I doubt your definition is right either.

It is private land, just like the majority of Felixstowe and yes that includes the docks, the owner is the university of cambridge, and basically you would be ■■■■■■■ in the wind trying to fight it to be blunt now that it’s been payed, the only place you can park is in a marked space and on the pumps if your using the garage, they will issue a ticket if you park anywhere different.
I also think you have been let off lightly, it used to be £180ish, they must of dropped the price now the scum can’t clamp you!

interesting that it is owned by University of Cambridge, ive read numerous posts about parking fines on private land being non enforceable ect and guys being told not to pay… speaking from my own experiences, I used to work for a major university in a cctv control room but was also involved in parking issues/clamping ect… during my time there not one parking ticket was unpaid. some tried by trying to refuse payment, some tried and were successful in removing a clamp, some damaged the clamp. but every ticket was eventually paid 100%… those that damaged the clamp were also charged for the damage or were reported by the police for criminal damage… police supported the parking regulations, and we could obtain details of vehicle ownership from DVLA if needed… just wondering if University,s have a different policy in place regarding any land they own…

What happened to those who removed the clamp but didn’t break it?? :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

bazza123:

dle1uk:

weeto:

SuffolkLad:

green456:

SuffolkLad:
Having been into agency and got some more details, it dates back to Dec 13, when I was paye for the agency. The ticket has already been paid by the client, I’ve got a copy of the notice and photo’s now and will be looking to contest it if I can.
The alleged offence took place on 2/12/13 in the BP garage, Anzani Avenue in Felixstowe, I was pictured parked along the back fence, same side as the truckwash. I need to find out if the garage is public or private land, I’m guessing its private owing to the fact its a PPC thats issued the ticket, and there is also a slight issue with the cctv stills used as proof.

how would the public be able to use the garage if the public were not allowed access :smiley: All land belongs to someone but if public are allowed access then its public land

Not quite how I meant the question, and I doubt your definition is right either.

It is private land, just like the majority of Felixstowe and yes that includes the docks, the owner is the university of cambridge, and basically you would be ■■■■■■■ in the wind trying to fight it to be blunt now that it’s been payed, the only place you can park is in a marked space and on the pumps if your using the garage, they will issue a ticket if you park anywhere different.
I also think you have been let off lightly, it used to be £180ish, they must of dropped the price now the scum can’t clamp you!

interesting that it is owned by University of Cambridge, ive read numerous posts about parking fines on private land being non enforceable ect and guys being told not to pay… speaking from my own experiences, I used to work for a major university in a cctv control room but was also involved in parking issues/clamping ect… during my time there not one parking ticket was unpaid. some tried by trying to refuse payment, some tried and were successful in removing a clamp, some damaged the clamp. but every ticket was eventually paid 100%… those that damaged the clamp were also charged for the damage or were reported by the police for criminal damage… police supported the parking regulations, and we could obtain details of vehicle ownership from DVLA if needed… just wondering if University,s have a different policy in place regarding any land they own…

What happened to those who removed the clamp but didn’t break it?? :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Anyway, everyone knows that you can only be done for criminal damage if they can actually show the damage.
So, if you’re ever clamped (not allowed now anyway), you cut it off, throw it in the boot and then lose it somewhere along your journey

SuffolkLad:
Why the [zb] do people pay these companies…

When you’ve got a dimwit willing to drive an artic for £7ph it’s child’s play to extract a moody parking fine from them as well!

bazza123:

dle1uk:

weeto:

SuffolkLad:

green456:

SuffolkLad:

due to CCTV evidence the fee was still chased and obtained… at times it did take months, tbh

waynedl:

bazza123:

dle1uk:

weeto:

SuffolkLad:

green456:

SuffolkLad:

Anyway, everyone knows that you can only be done for criminal damage if they can actually show the damage.
So, if you’re ever clamped (not allowed now anyway), you cut it off, throw it in the boot and then lose it somewhere along your journey

again due to CCTV evidence, it was passed to police and a criminal investigation followed… costing the vehicle owner a ■■■■ site more then a clamp release fee…

as ive said i dont agree with the way the cowboys operated and it turned the whole thing into just a money making opportunity… but if done properly then it can solve problems in alot of places, as said i worked for a university and the problems we were getting were cars being parked blocking emergency access, loading access, completely blocking up car parks, roadways and within 6 months of the parking regulations being started and enforced the whole campus was alot better for everyone. guess its the usual story of a few selfish people spoiling it for everyone…

DrivingMissDaisy:

SuffolkLad:
Why the [zb] do people pay these companies…

When you’ve got a dimwit willing to drive an artic for £7ph it’s child’s play to extract a moody parking fine from them as well!

It’s only dimwits that make comments like that. I don’t drive artics for £7ph, personally don’t know anyone that does. And if you’d read the thread, its not a FINE, it may be worded to dupe the aforementioned dimwits into thinking it’s a fine, but it’s not.