Parking ticket

I just received a letter from Glasgow City Council - a “notice to owner” claiming that I was parked wrongly, and failed to pay penalty notice.

I never got any parking ticket before, if I was parked wrongly and was ticketed, I will propably pay this 30 quid. But now they claim it is to late to pay 30 and I should pay 60. How I could pay it earlier when I never knew that there was some ticket for me?

It is possible that someone just removed it from the windscreen wiper, but anyone could do it, therefore I hardly can see how putting soemthing behind my windscreen wiper can be considered as “delivered to me”.

If they can prove I was parked wrongly, I can pay 30, but I am not going to pay 60.

Any ideas what to do?

Make sure it is Glasgow City Council before you do anything else and not some scroat company using their name to scam you
cheers
Steve

Appeal and explain the facts. Make it clear it’s nothing to do with you.

Appeal and appeal again.

Ask for photgraphic evidence that the ticket was placed on your car, along with a copy of the ticket… Also ask for proof that all previous correspondence was sent,along with copies, when and how. If you can remember the time you returned to your car, ask the council to view any CCTV that may have captured your car parked, and does it show any 3rd party removing the ticket.

Write to the council. Explain that you were unaware that you had been given the fine. Ask to be given the photographic evidence of the offence then challenge it for any reason. or write them a letter asking for the evidence that it was stuck to your windscreen and beg to pay the lower rate as you were unaware.

Make sure it says PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE and not anything else.

roughyed:
Ask for photgraphic evidence that the ticket was placed on your car, along with a copy of the ticket… Also ask for proof that all previous correspondence was sent,along with copies, when and how. If you can remember the time you returned to your car, ask the council to view any CCTV that may have captured your car parked, and does it show any 3rd party removing the ticket.

What’s the point in asking of the evidence that they put a ticket? They could put it, then it could be the whole day for someone to remove it before I came back to my car. Or even more - right now my car is parked in the same place since Sunday afternoon and I wasn’t using it, or checking up on it (I hope it’s still there, haha :stuck_out_tongue:)

I also had a case few years ago in my truck that when I switched my windscreen wipers on I saw the ticket flying away :grimacing:

I think I just write to them and say that if they can prove that I was parked wrongly, I can pay them 30 pounds withing 14 days from the moment they proved it to me… You think this is a good idea?

orys:

roughyed:

What’s the point in asking of the evidence that they put a ticket? They could put it, then it could be the whole day for someone to remove it before I came back to my car. Or even more - right now my car is parked in the same place since Sunday afternoon and I wasn’t using it, or checking up on it (I hope it’s still there, haha :stuck_out_tongue:)

I also had a case few years ago in my truck that when I switched my windscreen wipers on I saw the ticket flying away :grimacing:

I think I just write to them and say that if they can prove that I was parked wrongly, I can pay them 30 pounds withing 14 days from the moment they proved it to me… You think this is a good idea?

yes write to them saying you were unaware that you had recieved a ticket. ask for the photographic evidence of the ticket and the offence. Sometimes (though rarely) the fine can go through the computer but not actually be physically issued which is why they have to take a photo of it attached to the windscreen. They may give you the opportunity to pay the lower but I would wait to ask that in later correspondence if they don’t offer it at the off.

Dear Sir/Madame,
I received a letter from yous today saying that I failed to pay some Penalty Charge for alleged wrong parking. It was a surprise to me, as I was never aware that I was issued some ticket. Being a lorry driver and aware of the importance of blocking access I rather do not park in illegal spots, but if I broke the law, I am ready to take consequences.
Saying that I can hardly see how I can do anything if I am not aware of the offence, and as you can guess I rather cannot remember when I was parked two months ago.
Therefore I would kindly ask you if you can provide any documentation of me commiting the offence (if there was indeed some offence, it would had to be me, as I am the only user of this car) and send me a copy of this Penalty Charge Notice so if that is confirmed I will be able to react to it respectively.
Kindest Regards,
Mr Orys

Do you think this will be good?

Would you like me to alter it for you so it flows a bit better? Your English is really good though :slight_smile:

Well, if you are really bored… :wink:

Unless there is something which makes it hard to understand. But if it’s acceptable, I think I can send it as it is. After all I am not a native speaker…

So if you just give me a green light, I will just print it and post it tomorow :wink:

Get yourself over to pepipoo.co.uk, they are the experts, and it’s free to join.

orys:
Well, if you are really bored… :wink:

Unless there is something which makes it hard to understand. But if it’s acceptable, I think I can send it as it is. After all I am not a native speaker…

So if you just give me a green light, I will just print it and post it tomorow :wink:

sorry I wasn’t trying to be authoritive or anything :blush: Just we don’t actually say ‘rather’ alot unless your prince phillip.

No no, it’s nothing wrong, all corections to my mistakes are welcome. So what word I should replace “rather” with?

You can do with out them and it will read fine. :smiley:

ok, thanks!

Orys, the purpose of photograhic evidence is to show they followed protocol, and acted within the law when they book your car. How many motorists are now winning appeals because the wardens haven’t done their job correctly? It’s getting more day by day. Sunderland council have had to pay nearly £2m back because of incorrect signings. Councils don’t care if they make mistakes, they just want the revenue. I succesfully appealed a ticket about 4 years ago against Oldham Council because the yellow lines weren’t painted properly. I provided them with photo’s when they refusedto cancel the ticket. They can’t at outside the law just because they are lazy and incompetent.

caz:

without :wink:

orys:
I just received a letter from Glasgow City Council - a “notice to owner” claiming that I was parked wrongly, and failed to pay penalty notice.

I never got any parking ticket before, if I was parked wrongly and was ticketed, I will propably pay this 30 quid. But now they claim it is to late to pay 30 and I should pay 60. How I could pay it earlier when I never knew that there was some ticket for me?

It is possible that someone just removed it from the windscreen wiper, but anyone could do it, therefore I hardly can see how putting soemthing behind my windscreen wiper can be considered as “delivered to me”.

If they can prove I was parked wrongly, I can pay 30, but I am not going to pay 60.

Any ideas what to do?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

redboxer850:

caz:

without :wink:

:blush: bugger… I’ll blame the keyboard … :unamused:

Orys, go back to where you were parked and check the yellow lines , if they are broken anywhere or do not end correctly with an end line, you can appeal… see pics for examples

yellow line end.jpg

broken yellow.jpg