Parking nr calais

normally run back from paris via abberville anyone know of any decent truckstops just off route i normally stop at all for trucks but begrudge paying 26 euros to park then charged 3 euros for a shower and no meal voucher does ids on the dunes charge and do you get a voucher

last time i was there if you had a meal he did not charge you

i used to go to the truck park at the marcel duret turning just after you split to head for the boat its the same turning you take to go to pidou,its secure theres a small cafe and they roughly charge 10 euro and theres always space! :smiley:

Personally, if I was looking for a quiet and trouble-free night I would pull off of the A16 about 30-40 km short of Calais and park on a Z.I.

No way would I ever park at the IDS, there can hardly be another place in France where you are asking for more trouble.

Harry Monk:
Personally, if I was looking for a quiet and trouble-free night I would pull off of the A16 about 30-40 km short of Calais and park on a Z.I.

No way would I ever park at the IDS, there can hardly be another place in France where you are asking for more trouble.

^^This^^!!!

hothow44:
i used to go to the truck park at the marcel duret turning just after you split to head for the boat its the same turning you take to go to pidou,its secure theres a small cafe and they roughly charge 10 euro and theres always space! :smiley:

Restaurant/Cafe closed at Elf garage in Marcel Doret a long time ago…There is the normal petrol station sandwiches etc.
Truck parking is not really secure if you pay to park as its just a barrier and NO security on site.

Best bet if a weekday is Chez Jo at Hautvillers-Ouville near Abbeville about 90 min from Calais.

all for trucks at transmarck, 24/7 fenced/patrolled/secure parking

mjbaron:

Big hole in fence

mb14:

mjbaron:

Big hole in fence

Man with Big Dog patrolling …

mjbaron:

Yes, all very good except it doesn’t stop the immo’s coming in through the main gate in eastern European trailers and then dispersing during the night. Personally I consider All4trucks one of the dodgiest places in France to park, as well as the most expensive.

ossie:
Best bet if a weekday is Chez Jo at Hautvillers-Ouville near Abbeville about 90 min from Calais.

Best bet in Northern France, lovely people, great food and quiet parking. There are a couple of others round Abbeville area too

each to their own, ive personally never had a problem there, out of interest, one of our tricks a few years ago, if we were going to be weekended, and had heard that we couldnt get into the harbour at folkstone, was to check into the tunnel, then turn left through the check in booths, into the parking area there, which was on the side of the larger parking area, theoretically inside the secure complex, only problem was, the gate by the old shop was pemanently open, so anyone could get in, still, never had a problem with stowaways though

mjbaron:
each to their own, ive personally never had a problem there, out of interest, one of our tricks a few years ago, if we were going to be weekended, and had heard that we couldnt get into the harbour at folkstone, was to check into the tunnel, then turn left through the check in booths, into the parking area there, which was on the side of the larger parking area, theoretically inside the secure complex, only problem was, the gate by the old shop was pemanently open, so anyone could get in, still, never had a problem with stowaways though

At least it is under camera though and I did get an axle sitter on even beyond the passport x ray and in the lanes

ossie:

mb14:

mjbaron:

Big hole in fence

Man with Big Dog patrolling …

man with dog spends most of his time drinking coffee in the cafe chatting up the bird

looks like i might give the routiers in abberville a go

Try not to park anywhere near Calais but if you have to try the parking provided for the Chunnel even if catching a ferry the next day I have even had 45 off there no probs, the only problem being if you arrive late in the day it can be full.

Donkey Oaty:
Try not to park anywhere near Calais but if you have to try the parking provided for the Chunnel even if catching a ferry the next day I have even had 45 off there no probs, the only problem being if you arrive late in the day it can be full.

Try not to park anywhere once past Arras or Jabbeke…but if i have to…^^^^^this is what i do^^^^^

parked at Aire d’Urvillers empty not so long ago set off to load in lille, lo and behold 6 on board when i got there (didnt check in trailer as it was dark and early) so watch it even this far out from calais

malcolmj:
parked at Aire d’Urvillers empty not so long ago set off to load in lille, lo and behold 6 on board when i got there (didnt check in trailer as it was dark and early) so watch it even this far out from calais

I fuel up there often and have parked over night, that’s 117 miles from Dover.

Head to the ferry at Boulogne sur Mer,park before the security gates to the port,where all the fridge trucks are loading,there is a Roiutier restuarnt,and free parking.