Parking not in a space at services

It’s becoming my pet hate this is. Drivers who just park on then “road” in services because it’s that little bit closer to the shops and toilets rather than going in a space. This morning there was loads of spaces. There was 5 together in one places so even a first day newbie could have put it in one, but drivers were coming in and parking opposite it which then just makes it tight to in and out of the other spaces. Saw it the other day where drivers had parked on the road bit and it meant a wide load couldn’t get through so had to go in the wrong way. And low and behold there was loads of available spaces.

Is it just laziness and selfishness or is there a reason for it?

Like if your down to the last few minutes and the place is rammed then yeah I get it. But when there’s loads of actual spaces and drivers choose to go and park where it makes it harder than it needs to be for everyone else. Just why

At Toddington there is now a dedicated car park attendent who will raise a ticket for anyone not parked in a designated space, especially those that park in the ab-load bay on the Southbound. It is just laziness. How enforceable these tickets are is another discussion :laughing:

Our those who park on pumps
Just politely pull the pin
Makes them think twice next time
Can’t educate pork

Can’t reverse for toffee. :unamused: pig ignorant ■■■■■■■■■ ZB :open_mouth:

Jack-knife:
Can’t educate pork

Let’s hope no one pulls your pin

Jack-knife:
Can’t educate pork

Last persons got a few missing digits
Only way they learn?

Jack-knife:
Can’t educate pork

Seriously?

You’d pull someone’s pin for parking on a pump?

You oughta be locked up.

Well I can’t just knock them out or I will get locked up

Jack-knife:
Can’t educate pork

And your just a ■■■■ so said driver drops trailer.Then they close all the pumps maybe your not very smart.

Bingo
I don’t park on pumps or block access roads so must be?
That’s why I drive trucks

me, I don’t do nights out so if I am in services I will often park on road, mainly because I feel like I shouldn’t block one of the parking spaces because someone might need it to park overnight. and I am only going to be there for 30 or 45 minutes

I wouldn’t park in a place that would cause trouble, and definatley not on the pumps

Colin_scottish:

Jack-knife:
Can’t educate pork

And your just a ■■■■ so said driver drops trailer.Then they close all the pumps maybe your not very smart.

I’ll openly admit to putting someone’s trailer brake on If they are using the pumps to park but pulling the pin is outright dangerous and for that I hope it never happens to you gimp :unamused: :unamused:

At Tibshelf it has become a nightmare on a night loads of spaces but often they park opposite the bays etc even at silly o/clock in morning sunday/monday

During week the drivers in the front bays only pull part into them this leaving little or not enough room behind to park so the ones that come in & park for a 30/45 have to park across the back or in front sometimes leaving nowhere to park

Trowell & Woodhall not much better mind especially with all the road works/diversions etc that there are on a night

Jack-knife:
Can’t educate pork

As a newbie, (first night job) I’d pulled into services (early hours) for some fuel. After filling I paid, went to toilet and bought some snacks, leaving the lorry where it was because there was nowhere else to put it. When I returned to my lorry, being a newbie and having everything still whirring about in my head, I did I quick check. Lucky I did, because some ■■■■ had pulled my pin.

Because of this, I consider pin pullers ■■■■■ of the highest order and anyone I catch interfering with my lorry WILL have an accident.

Its a good job you did a check afterwards captain…not everyone thinks of doing that aftera short stop…as for the knobs who threaten to pull someones pin, is a darn right disgrace…would punch their lights out if i caught them…thats for sure.

See if I was admin I’d ban you for saying you’d pull a pin on a driver. ■■■■■■■ disgusting behaviour.

The overall consensus of the forum members on this thread and many others threads in the past, is that pulling the pin is wrong in every way and no one should advocate or condone doing it

Jack-knife:

Angry man of the highways :open_mouth:
You’ll either bin the truck
Get chinned
Or have a heart attack and end up on pills
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As a newbie, (first night job) I’d pulled into services (early hours) for some fuel. After filling I paid, went to toilet and bought some snacks, leaving the lorry where it was because there was nowhere else to put it. When I returned to my lorry, being a newbie and having everything still whirring about in my head, I did I quick check. Lucky I did, because some [zb] had pulled my pin.

Because of this, I consider pin pullers [zb] of the highest order and anyone I catch interfering with my lorry WILL have an accident.
[/quote]
pulling the pin on some others is something id love to do…its something Ive always wanted to do,and its something ive wished on others frequelntly…ive never ever done it,as karma definitely has a way of creeping up and biting your ■■■ off.
on the other hand,if you don’t want to be on the receiving end of it…then fill up and fekoff the pumps…its not the guy behind yous problem that theres nowhere for you to park and you never know what kind of time he may be chasing watching you do your shopping whilst blocking the pumps…fill up,and bugger off showing some courtesy for your fellow man.
its bad enough in your car waiting on some stupid ■■■■■ doing her shopping on the pumps without waiting on someone who really should know better…flipflops obviously excluded from that part…

tango boy:

Jack-knife:

Angry man of the highways :open_mouth:
You’ll either bin the truck
Get chinned
Or have a heart attack and end up on pills
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That sounds like an interview for a tipper job :smiley: