Parking near Aachen?

not my strongest part of europe, so thought i’d ask.
setting off saturday, heading towards cologne, hoping i may just make it to the autohof at eifeltor in a 10 hour drive, and a 15 spread. if i don’t quite make it, anyone know of a good stop, in or around the Aachen area■■?
ta :grimacing:

Aachenerland services…Simple! :wink:

bigvern1:

ha,ha, sounds it to, cheers :wink:
i’ve prob drove past it plenty of times.
i know the 1 at eifeltor, but just doubtful if i’ll quite make it.

bigvern1:

n00b alert, it’s Propsteier Wald. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Ooops…I was pretty sure that Propsteier Wald had a name change to Aachener Wald a few years ago.But I’m not so sure now. :confused: :confused:

Duren Autohof. Beer. MacDonalds and a Restarant

Wheel Nut:

ah, now this is sounding more like it, cheers :wink:
showers?
just had a look on google maps, looks like the best exit is the 5b, off of the motorway, should be do-able if i have a decent run on saturday.

Sir +:

Coffeeholic:

Ooops…I was pretty sure that Propsteier Wald had a name change to Aachener Wald a few years ago.But I’m not so sure now. :confused: :confused:

It did but really only the ‘newbies’ call if that. :wink: It was one if my standard ways to catch out the bull spouters who claimed to have been doing the job since 19 oatcake and had been to China.

Wheel Nut:

This^, good stopping place.

chilistrucker:

Wheel Nut:

ah, now this is sounding more like it, cheers :wink:
showers?
just had a look on google maps, looks like the best exit is the 5b, off of the motorway, should be do-able if i have a decent run on saturday.

I just looked on the website, it seems they are now closed on Sunday, but the maccy D is still open as is the tankstelle.

truckstop-dueren.de/38.0.html

mcdonalds-dueren.de/restaura … strasse-3/

Coffeeholic:

Sir +:

Coffeeholic:

It did but really only the ‘newbies’ call if that. :wink: It was one if my standard ways to catch out the bull spouters who claimed to have been doing the job since 19 oatcake and had been to China.

I used to ask them how to complete a Zahlcarte :stuck_out_tongue:

I am too young to have needed a Tankschein

Coffeeholic:

Sir +:

Coffeeholic:

Oh,thank God for that.I was starting to get quite worried. :slight_smile: .I haven’t been to China,but I know a man who has :laughing: :laughing: .Still,as long as chilistrucker is sorted,all is good.

Sir +:

Coffeeholic:

Sir +:

Coffeeholic:

Oh,thank God for that.I was starting to get quite worried. :slight_smile: .I haven’t been to China,but I know a man who has :laughing: :laughing: .Still,as long as chilistrucker is sorted,all is good.

Indeed, he has a couple of options now and he could even go to the Wally Stop, but he runs the risk of getting blown up. I understand the food is a bit cold these days as they don’t like to turn the gas up. :wink:

You know its a holiday in Germany on monday

mb14:

Sundays and public holidays from 00h00 to 22h00

3 October German Unification Day

31 October Reformation Day (only in Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia)

mb14:

yeah i do. we are tipping cologne monday morning, so permits are sorted, so hopefully being a bank holiday, the run up into the city should be abit quieter :smiley:

thanks all for the suggestions, i have a few ideas now, depending on how the run down goes, cheers!

Not keen on the food at the Wally Stop.

I would recommend Düren but a bit of a ■■■■■ if it is closed on Sunday.

Eifeltor gets pretty stowed during the week, but should be OK at the weekend.
There are even some ladies who appear to live in caravans just off site :wink:

Try and get to Eifeltor for # FREE ( cough) fridges,coffee, shoes and truck goodies…

jimboy124:
Try and get to Eifeltor for # FREE ( cough) fridges,coffee, shoes and truck goodies…

Change of plan, I got a text about this one today and Duren now shuts on a Friday night now, still got parking but 15 minutes into town, but I think he will have discovered that by now, and my name will be Wheel Mud :blush:

Sorry for Duffness

That autohof is owned by my friend, we dont live far away,Dinger

Wheel Nut: