Parking lorry

Hi could anyone tell me where to park lorry… I’ve started a new job and they want me to bring truck home 7 days a week other nights out I’ve tried a local truck yard. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations of who to ask I’m located Killamarsh close to Sheffield/chesterfield many thanks Karl

Who ever…

‘They’ are should provide a place to park their lorry when it’s not in use.

Welcome to Trucknet.

Let me check I’m reading this right…when you are at home, they want you to find somewhere to park the truck? This is a firm that is local to you? They should have an Operating centre to park the truck at.

Ask them where they’ve designated as the vehicle’s base/parking according to the O licence requirements.That’s where you’re supposed to park it when it’s not in use not on the drive way at home. :wink:

Try asking the Traffic Commissioner for your area. He will be most interested. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Alternatively ask your local council, they will be equally interested. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:.

Meanwhile find another job.

cav551:
Try asking the Traffic Commissioner for your area. He will be most interested.

:open_mouth: :smiley:

cav551:
Try asking the Traffic Commissioner for your area. He will be most interested. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Alternatively ask your local council, they will be equally interested. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:.

Meanwhile find another job.

My word exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

albion:
Let me check I’m reading this right…when you are at home, they want you to find somewhere to park the truck? This is a firm that is local to you? They should have an Operating centre to park the truck at.

Guessing that the firm might be local but the truck may be registered to a far off country beginning with the letter B.

If he’s a resident in UK working for an outbased European co, he’s legally entitled to park his truck at home, or near, when he’s back (tactfully of course) , …Well you were up to about 10 yrs ago anyway when I used to do it.

On the other hand it’s maybe one big wind up post looking for a reaction.

S21 1TZ Westthorpe fields business park, looks quiet enough to leave it without a busybody complaining about it being there

Karl.shelton89:
Hi could anyone tell me where to park lorry… I’ve started a new job and they want me to bring truck home 7 days a week other nights out I’ve tried a local truck yard. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations of who to ask I’m located Killamarsh close to Sheffield/chesterfield many thanks Karl

You got an industrial est close to you?.Would’nt be any harm parking it there if so.Used to take mine home and park it in a side road many years ago.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We had to find safe off road parking ourselves when I was a flip flop, the company reimbursed me for any costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting aside any questions of legality, for a moment.
Is it a tractor unit being parked or a complete artic? And if the latter is it loaded? Will it have full diesel tanks? (Full when you leave it anyway) Good batteries and tyres?
Leaving anything unsupervised in a public place, won’t be a wise move in the long term.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I see quite a few of the typical anonymous unwritten general haulage (mainly containers) small outfits are using similar tactics to avoid paying for an operating centre with proper approved lorry parking in various parts of the country, usually within the golden triangle, BMW cars (it’s always BMW’s, almost part of the uniform) regularly parked in such places during the day/week in order to keep/claim ‘their’ free parking area.

Its how they manage to operate whilst proper hauliers paying their dues, ie business rates, parking etc, struggle to operate at a profit.

Who cares eh?, certainly the powers that be aint bothered as the country swiftly disappears round the U bend.

Hi the company is located about 40 mile from me takes about a hour to get there and they got restrictions in the college can’t drive before 7. So parking it closer to home would enable me to be on road a hour earlier and obviously take 2 hours travel time out of my day. I wouldn’t want to just chuck it on a industrial gas the post above said they will nick the batteries empty fuel tank ect just not good practice. It’s not a wind up I’m new to hgv just past both class 2 and 1 and was looking for genuine answers. The parking comes out of my wages but will save me fuel and time travelling to bakewell daily many thanks

Village not college

Karl.shelton89:
Hi the company is located about 40 mile from me takes about a hour to get there and they got restrictions in the college can’t drive before 7. So parking it closer to home would enable me to be on road a hour earlier and obviously take 2 hours travel time out of my day. I wouldn’t want to just chuck it on a industrial gas the post above said they will nick the batteries empty fuel tank ect just not good practice. It’s not a wind up I’m new to hgv just past both class 2 and 1 and was looking for genuine answers. The parking comes out of my wages but will save me fuel and time travelling to bakewell daily many thanks

The genuine answer is unless you’re nighting out it must be parked at the operating centre registered as the base on the O licence. Park it outside your home or on your estate on a regular basis and it is guaranteed you’ll get complaints to the police and council which can have a detrimental impact on the company you work for if the traffic commissioner finds out.

I’m not going to tell you to do it or not do it but think about how happy your neighbours are going to be when you’re sat there at 5-6am in a morning revving the engine for a couple of minutes as you’re building up the air before setting off.

I wouldn’t bring it to my house has you said neighbours wouldn’t be happy. I wanted some sort of secure parking options. Ie if people have asked other businesses or use lorry parks ect.

I don’t know the legalities - but parking coming out of your wages. No no no. Tell him he pays to park HIS truck

Fridge…

Engineer.