Parking lorry

Doubtless others will disagree, but I hope someone can suggest a secure truck park in Karl’s area.
If he thinks that paying a few quid is worthwhile saving him petrol and two hours unpaid travelling then I wouldn’t argue with him.
Good luck to him.

(If he was a fridge engineer wouldn’t he be showing pictures of his gold pass or gold vest or summat by now?)

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Free parking outside Chesterfield truck stop, off junction 29 by the M1,a lot of lads park there when the truck stop is full up.
Just don’t block entrances of the business units as some need access 24 hours.

Franglais:
Doubtless others will disagree, but I hope someone can suggest a secure truck park in Karl’s area.
If he thinks that paying a few quid is worthwhile saving him petrol and two hours unpaid travelling then I wouldn’t argue with him.
Good luck to him.

(If he was a fridge engineer wouldn’t he be showing pictures of his gold pass or gold vest or summat by now?)

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thankyou bud

no1dieselman:
I don’t know the legalities - but parking coming out of your wages. No no no. Tell him he pays to park HIS truck

Yep I agree they should pay for parking if they want me to take truck home but in the sight of things I’ll pay the same out for fuel as to park it and my day will be shorter this way when I’ve gained experience I have more of a foot in door to tell them to pay or I’ll get another job… but at the moment experience is more important to me thanks for your reply everyone

Eat Midlands outlet mall,Mcarthur Glenn,Mansfield road,South Normanton.DE55 2JW.
You will see McDonalds on your left,turn right on the roundabout, straight over the next,one, do U turn at the mall entrances,park by the bus stop.
It is lit up at night,cctv for the mall, but security there are not responsible for your lorry.
Sometimes the road crew for the motorway works wait there for a nightshift.
There is a large Co op Rdc nearby, but I’m not sure how you get there.

You work for a haulier that has an operating base within the boundaries of a movement order ■■
Sounds a little odd to say the least as most hauliers would have a base without restrictions, and it will have been raised when applying.
To keep complaints off your back you ideally need several places, eg outside your house one night, a retail park another. You could always dump it in the nearest lay-by and start work with empty tanks every morning

Canny lot these. They’ve got restrictions on the times of access to their operating centre, so rather than looking around for a better yard, they’ve managed to convince you that you’ll be better off with not having to travel so far.

There will be other wheezes to save ‘you’ money coming along shortly.

About 15 years ago Tesco Snodland decided that for ‘operational reasons’ caused by the xmas rush, they were going to park trailers in another company’s yard to ease congestion in the RDC. A phone call to VOSA enforcement put a stop to it in 24hrs. There was much grinding and gnashing of teeth within the RDC about how inconvenient it was that they could no longer do what they wanted.

If your company pays maybe have a word at chesterfield truck stop.

cav551:
Canny lot these. They’ve got restrictions on the times of access to their operating centre, so rather than looking around for a better yard, they’ve managed to convince you that you’ll be better off with not having to travel so far.

There will be other wheezes to save ‘you’ money coming along shortly.

About 15 years ago Tesco Snodland decided that for ‘operational reasons’ caused by the xmas rush, they were going to park trailers in another company’s yard to ease congestion in the RDC. A phone call to VOSA enforcement put a stop to it in 24hrs. There was much grinding and gnashing of teeth within the RDC about how inconvenient it was that they could no longer do what they wanted.

I can understand why the TC would want to enforce the rules on the designated operating centre.Or stopping all the silly loopholes.But I’ve always been confused how/why that would/should apply to trailers which could possibly never be,or never need to be,actually based,where the unit/prime mover is based or in fact ‘based’ anywhere in particular. :confused:

There a bigish laybye set back off the main road not to far from chesterfield motorcyles.
Don’t ask me where but I pass it when I go out on my bike to cmc

Isn’t there a T/stop @ Jnc 31 that is also offering spaces to use as Operating Centre :question: I’m sure I’ve seen it mentioned some-where … can’t think where I saw it.

Karl.shelton89:
Hi could anyone tell me where to park lorry… I’ve started a new job and they want me to bring truck home 7 days a week other nights out I’ve tried a local truck yard. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations of who to ask I’m located Killamarsh close to Sheffield/chesterfield many thanks Karl

Mate try asking a local farmer some of them are pretty good

Man with a van had a similar idea at the end of our street

Sorry should have been a pic of notice on the windscreen to the effect that if its not moved it will be towed

Karl.shelton89:
Hi the company is located about 40 mile from me takes about a hour to get there and they got restrictions in the college can’t drive before 7. So parking it closer to home would enable me to be on road a hour earlier and obviously take 2 hours travel time out of my day. I wouldn’t want to just chuck it on a industrial gas the post above said they will nick the batteries empty fuel tank ect just not good practice. It’s not a wind up I’m new to hgv just past both class 2 and 1 and was looking for genuine answers. The parking comes out of my wages but will save me fuel and time travelling to bakewell daily many thanks

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Karl.shelton89:
Hi the company is located about 40 mile from me takes about a hour to get there and they got restrictions in the college can’t drive before 7. So parking it closer to home would enable me to be on road a hour earlier and obviously take 2 hours travel time out of my day. I wouldn’t want to just chuck it on a industrial gas the post above said they will nick the batteries empty fuel tank ect just not good practice. It’s not a wind up I’m new to hgv just past both class 2 and 1 and was looking for genuine answers. The parking comes out of my wages but will save me fuel and time travelling to bakewell daily many thanks

You say the parking comes out of your wages and you’re happy as it saves you in the long run… not sure a personal fuel bill equates to the same as paying for truck parking every night, and unless I was sleeping in it, the bloody truck would go back to the yard, plain and simple.
Get your boss to ring around the local hauliers and see if they have a spot you could use as a favour

So are you on a self-inflicted damage reimbursement contract as well? I can see that going nicely when someone puts a couple of windows in because they are sick of the sight of the lorry parked up.

Leave.

Karl.shelton89:

So let’s get this right…You’re able to leave an hour earlier than if parked in their yard, because of restrictions in the village where the operating centre is located, … thus benefiting them :bulb:

But they want YOU to pay for parking THEIR truck to enable you to achieve this ? :open_mouth:
Seriously? :laughing: ffs!
The fact it is saving you time travelling does not concern them, so is therefore irrelavent. :bulb:

Mate…they’re taking the ■■■■ and mugging you, trust me. :bulb:
Tell them to ram it and get some other mug to do it, or they pay for parking or find alternative parking themselves at THEIR cost.
It’s their motor not yours.

You need to find out where your boss lives
Then you can park it outside his house of a night time

Just about sorted with it all thankyou to everyone that gave me sound advise
Regards karl