Parking in Hull

Does anybody know of any parking near to the gates for the ferry area taking a load there and once ive dropped it will be time up.Not to fussed were it is paying or free any help will be welcomed dont venture to often over that way.

Old Hedon Road. Back out docks up to A63 roundabout, turn left onto A63. Up to next roundabout, 2nd exit puts you on old A63. Parking laybys on the right hand side.

If you’re wanting food then maybe Burma Drive is a better option. Instead of turning left onto A63 turn right, up to next roundabout with BP station on, turn left, first left just before the bridge. You’ll see the shop/petrol station, take aways on the left as you approach the roundabout.

5 minutes driving time left will get you to either of those.

If I’m down there I usually park on Somerden Road outside Paneltex. Opposite side of the roundabout from entrance to Queen Elizabeth Dock.

Instead of turning left or right, go straight over the roundabout and park up outside northeast truck and van. I believe old hedon road has an overnight parking ban for hgvs now…

Thanks for the replys will have about 15mins driving left to get somewere.

Out of the ferry left at r/about, d.c.
Next r/about (Hull nick rhs) right, run alongside road paralell to d/c.
Turn right at The Sportsman pub…they do (well, last time I was there) decent meals in there. Park anywhere on that road, but you’ll get nicked if wheels on pavement. :bulb:

robroy:
Turn right at The Sportsman pub…they do (well, last time I was there) decent meals in there. Park anywhere on that road, but you’ll get nicked if wheels on pavement. :bulb:

That’s the old hedon road, I’m pretty sure there’s no overnight hgv parking there now.

Depending on time of day, if you can push it go past humber bridge and off at melton. Loads park up around there on the night with no problem, and there is a pub nearby aswell.

Colin_scottish:
Does anybody know of any parking near to the gates for the ferry area taking a load there and once ive dropped it will be time up.Not to fussed were it is paying or free any help will be welcomed dont venture to often over that way.

Ask this bloke.

To Hull and back.jpg

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:

That’s the old hedon road, I’m pretty sure there’s no overnight hgv parking there now.

Not questioning your local knowledge mate, but if you turn right at Sportsman, a 100 yds or so there are small ind units on right, even if the ■■■■ s have stopped you parking on the street, there’s room for about 6 or so trucks there.
Think it was about 18months since I parked there.

In the earlier days if we were shipping out on the Sunday night boat, we used to book in at ferry, park on the quay, and get a lift/taxi/walk down to the Sportsman for the Sunday afternoon ‘‘entertainment’’.
Some of it was well ott :smiley: .
Put it this way, I’ve never seen a bottle of Guinness ‘drank’ that way :open_mouth: from that day to this. :neutral_face:
Not for the faint hearted. :laughing:
The pc brigade and purists put a stop to all that though. :unamused:

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

Ask this bloke.

Is that UKTramp or itsjoe :laughing: :laughing:

Went to somerden road told that was my best bet so here till 430am then away for reload and back to the yard friday rules apply.

robroy:

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:

Not questioning your local knowledge mate, but if you turn right at Sportsman, a 100 yds or so there are small ind units on right, even if the [zb] s have stopped you parking on the street, there’s room for about 6 or so trucks there.
Think it was about 18months since I parked there.

In the earlier days if we were shipping out on the Sunday night boat, we used to book in at ferry, park on the quay, and get a lift/taxi/walk down to the Sportsman for the Sunday afternoon ‘‘entertainment’’.
Some of it was well ott :smiley: .
Put it this way, I’ve never seen a bottle of Guinness ‘drank’ that way :open_mouth: from that day to this. :neutral_face:
Not for the faint hearted. :laughing:
The pc brigade and purists put a stop to all that though. :unamused:

I grew up on orchard park, we’d go to the sportsman if we wanted a quiet night!!! Little wonder we got city of culture.

Colin_scottish:
Went to somerden road told that was my best bet so here till 430am then away for reload and back to the yard friday rules apply.

Only thing with somerden rd is at the end is a footpath/cycle track that leads onto Greatfield estate, get alot of scrotes coming down from there.

HGV:

Colin_scottish:

Only thing with somerden rd is at the end is a footpath/cycle track that leads onto Greatfield estate, get alot of scrotes coming down from there.

Aw naw should i hire my own security to be safe tonight then :laughing: :laughing:

Colin_scottish:

HGV:

Colin_scottish:

Aw naw should i hire my own security to be safe tonight then :laughing: :laughing:

Lol just give em.a slap before they start. And watch your diesel lol

My mate Ronnie is out tonight mate, so be careful who you bump into.

HGV:

Colin_scottish:

HGV:

Colin_scottish:

Lol just give em.a slap before they start. And watch your diesel lol

Im low on fuel anyway always try to avoid parking with alot of fuel less hassel i think.

eagerbeaver:

Ronnie who

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

Ronnie who

FFS :unamused: RONNIE PICKERING. Hardest man to ever set foot into a Citroen Picasso.

Oh, The One show is live from Hull at the moment :wink: