Parking Charge Notice.

Received a letter from ParkingEye this morning requesting payment for overstaying the 2 hours free parking in Hopwood Park MWSA on 17/1/2013.

They have provided a picture of my vehicle entering the services at 05.05 and departing at 11.43, a 6hr38 minute stay. However I entered the services at 05.05 just to fuel up and then left about 10 minutes later, returning at approx 11.20 for a 15 minute break and leaving at 11.43.

I have 28 days to appeal this fine and obviously have tachograph evidence to show the driving and other work undertaken in the period they are alleging I was in the services. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of appealing this sort of parking fine and any advice you could give me. Cheers.

just ignore it,go on pepipoo for info…

It’s not a parking fine, it’s an invoice and only a mug would pay it. Bin it!

Tell them to ■■■■! Spiders! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

just ignore it or send them a copy of ur tacho pointing out that you were driving at the time they say you were at the msa, and dont pay the fine either way,they have no legal power to make you pay,no matter what they say.

I aren’t going to pay it I would just like to appeal against it so I dont get any hassle. Why have they not got a picture of me leaving the services once I’d fuelled up and also a picture if me returning to the services 6 hours later?!

don’t even acknowledge by replying…

Find their email address so that communication costs you nothing and inform them that you have incontrovertible evidence that they are mistaken, and that you require immediate written confirmation that the matter is closed. Inform them that any further communication from you will be chargeable at £200 per letter.

Trukkertone:
don’t even acknowledge by replying…

Why? I don’t see the point in just ignoring it when I wasn’t there for that amount of time and have the evidence to prove it?

go on pepipoo they will love this

Which number plate did they catch, front or rear?

Just so I know which one to change to change next time I go in there… :laughing: :open_mouth: :unamused:

Speculative invoice, they will threaten you with court and death by hanging but just ignore it. Never has anyone been shagged for it.

Do not even reply. If you do you are entering into dialogue and therefore in there eyes admitting liability. A council issues parking ticket is an enforcable fine, a msa one is an invoice, ignore it, ignore all other communications no matter what they threaten, they WILL go away. Just because you can send them a tacho they will ignore it and keep pestering you if you ignore them they will give up. First hand experience.

IF they EVER actually do take you to a real court with a real judge, WHICH THEY WON’T just ‘remember’ you have your tacho which proves the accusation is false and the case will be thrown out.

There is little point you actually giving a toss about it as they will give up and move onto the next mug to leech off.

I’d send them a brief letter pointing this out, and pointing out that you have tachograph evidence to support it, and let them know you won’t be entering into any further correspondence and then ignore anything else they send.

Just watch this short video clip from watchdog.
Do not even reply, no matter what the ejects on here are saying.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X1bsrLFAdmk

greggy:
Just watch this short video clip from watchdog.
Do not even reply, no matter what the ejects on here are saying.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X1bsrLFAdmk

:laughing:

dowahdiddyman:
Do not even reply. If you do you are entering into dialogue and therefore in there eyes admitting liability. A council issues parking ticket is an enforcable fine, a msa one is an invoice, ignore it, ignore all other communications no matter what they threaten, they WILL go away. Just because you can send them a tacho they will ignore it and keep pestering you if you ignore them they will give up. First hand experience.

^^^^^^
this, for the easy life, even though you are innocent.
just ignore everything they send you, they get bored and go away.

dowahdiddyman:

Absolutely this above, never acknowledge any communication from them, just ignore and stay strong. They will try and frighten the life out of you with threatening letters of bailiffs and court costs but it will go away eventually. Just don’t reply. Have a look on moneysavingexpert.com on the forums there is a parking fines section. Everything you need to know is on there.i

Harry Monk:
I’d send them a brief letter pointing this out, and pointing out that you have tachograph evidence to support it, and let them know you won’t be entering into any further correspondence and then ignore anything else they send.

I wouldnt even do that it would just encourage them, even if they did take it to court, which they wont, they would leave with nothing after you had provided the the tacho evidence, so let them do their worst and you can ■■■■ them in the end…job sorted :sunglasses: