Parking Charge Notice.

robroy:

Harry Monk:
I’d send them a brief letter pointing this out, and pointing out that you have tachograph evidence to support it, and let them know you won’t be entering into any further correspondence and then ignore anything else they send.

I wouldnt even do that it would just encourage them, even if they did take it to court, which they wont, they would leave with nothing after you had provided the the tacho evidence, so let them do their worst and you can [zb] them in the end…job sorted :sunglasses:

+1 costs no money to read any letters they send you especially if they are solicitor letters. they are losing out not you :laughing:

Photo copy the tacho chart, let them take you to court and produce the evidence then have the court award you damages for time wasted and lost by not working that day. As said earlier, it’s just an invoice an not an acutual law enforced ticket.

Is there not a risk that next time you visit that particular services you could be clamped as they will have your VRM on file?

Likewise, the people that claim to never pay for overnight parking in MSA’s…do you not run the risk of waking up to find the truck clamped?

DonutUK:
Is there not a risk that next time you visit that particular services you could be clamped as they will have your VRM on file?

Likewise, the people that claim to never pay for overnight parking in MSA’s…do you not run the risk of waking up to find the truck clamped?

clamping has outlawed since oct 2012 they can only ticket or rather invoice you
and if you do appeal against a ticket and you will have the appeal refused you then take it to popla and it costs the parking company £27 +vat to take it to popla but they will find in favour of the parking company BUT its only binding to the parking company and not you so you can still refuse pay even after you have been to popla and its very unlikly they will take you to court

have a read of this thread forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=75832

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-

Wheel-clampers have been outlawed from clamping vehicles on private land under new legislation in England and Wales.

The Protection of Freedoms Act makes it an offence to clamp on private land.

The law does not affect Northern Ireland, and clamping and towing away on private land has been banned in Scotland since 1992.

But landowners are boosted by stronger laws on ticketing, which mean unpaid charges can be claimed from the keeper of the vehicle, as well as the driver.

And the government has also agreed on an independent appeals service funded by the British Parking Association (BPA).

This will allow motorists to appeal against a parking charge issued on private land by a company that is a member of the BPA’s approved operator scheme.

Martin:
Which number plate did they catch, front or rear?

Just so I know which one to change to change next time I go in there… :laughing: :open_mouth: :unamused:

^^^^^^^^^^lol thats what i do turn both plates around before entering lol ■■■■ em