Parking Charge Notice

one of my drivers stopped for the night in a motorway service area a couple of weeks ago, duly paid for the privilege of sleeping in a ■■■■ stenched lorry park and overpriced crap fodder

this morning, i had the great pleasure of opening a letter for my attention from the turd burglers that run the extortion racket that is known as parking Attendants

according to their records, my driver was parked there illegally by not paying for the privilege, even issued me with a couple of lovely photo’s, one entering and one leaving the aforementioned MSA

if i could be bothered to reply to their threatening letter, i would suggest that they take a closer look on the CCTV that covers the tills in the ‘so called’ restaurant and check that the slapper on the till didn’t pocket the cash herself :unamused:

and so the letter count begins, to see how long it will take them to either forget it or take me to court for non-payment of their ‘fine’

if it starts getting too silly, i will email them and politely inform them of their mistake and any further letters will be deemed as harassment and treated accordingly, and an invoice will be sent to them for wasting my precious time in the matter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edit to change title

do u have reciept to say parking paid?

Jack-knife:
do u have reciept to say parking paid?

of course :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

hence the ignoring of the ‘fine’ or invoice as it actually is supposed to be called :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

take it all the way then! I guess 6 letters

Absolutey, ignore them, nothing they can do, I trust your driver submitted a receipt when he claimed back the parking charge ■■

Around 5 letters seems to be the norm, I had it with one of the big theives that look after McDonalds at Stansted, overstayed the 45 restriction even tho I was a customer, anpr cams had pics of me in and out, fight back forums guys advise the ignore as they have no legal leg to stand on, ignored 5 letters and they went away.

did he go back in the services later in the day?
my missus went to the shops 3 times in one day (typical) :unamused: . anyway the car park was free, but had a 2 hour limit, she was clocked in at 9am, but the final visit ended at 6pm. so they tried to fine her for being there for 9 hours.
i explained that my missus wastes enough of my money, and they arn’t having any off me.
it worked. they knew they’d cocked up.

limeyphil:
did he go back in the services later in the day?
my missus went to the shops 3 times in one day (typical) :unamused: . anyway the car park was free, but had a 2 hour limit, she was clocked in at 9am, but the final visit ended at 6pm. so they tried to fine her for being there for 9 hours.
i explained that my missus wastes enough of my money, and they arn’t having any off me.
it worked. they knew they’d cocked up.

no, he parked there for the night, left the following morning and came straight back to the yard

i can see where you are coming from, but not in this instance :wink:

If it’s worded as a Penalty Charge Notice then there’s absolutely nothing they can do, as only local authorities/police can issue those, if it’s a Parking Charge Notice (see what they do with the wordplay) they could in theory take it to court, but they most certainly won’t as the risk of losing would probably put a stop to their racket. Have a look at pepipoo.com for the ins and outs, but they basically say the same as already mentioned, don’t enter into any correspondence.

If you don’t made any contact, 3 letters :grimacing:

They are just trying their luck, it’s an old scam of sorts to try and get more money, using scare tactics sometimes gets companies to pay and save the problems of going to the courts, which of course they will not do. I have had occasions similar in the past. I dot ticket issued at Leicester forrest once but refused to pay and Swifts who were my employers at the time sent it back and told them to keep it.
Swindon truck stop once said I had not paid and wanted to clamp my trailer so I called Fed Ex, they asked if the trailer was empty and I said yes, they told me to just drop it and leave it :laughing: I hadn’t got to the exit before they came running after me to foget the fee and remove the trailer please :laughing:
I got a ticket outside my house in Northampton once for parking without lights, I was in a well lit street and about 50 cars were parked the same, I refused to pay and went to court to inform the magistrate it was not against the law to park in a lit street without lights, The policeman who came said the ticket was infact for parking the wrong way. I made the point that every car was parked the wrong way and only mine got a ticket. “We can’t give tickets to everyone” said the Cop.
“The ticket states ‘Without lights’ and not parked the wrong way” I replied, “If you adjourn the case I can get a lawyer to fight the ticket because it’s wrong”
“Not needed” said the bench “Case dismissed”

Not a happy ending though, the local cops watched my car every friggin’ night after that.

Not paying parking fines might not result in anything legal being done to you, BUT might affect your credit rating as a reported “bad payer” with firms like Experion and Equifax if that’s what they’re still called these days.

I gave up credit before I gave up smoking however, so I wouldn’t be giving a toss either way, given the same situation!

Chances are the said parking offence notice will be blocking up some MSA loos having already been smeared by some ejecta from yesterday’s dinner… VERY smeared if I ended up having a McBreakfast without the McCrap afterwoulds! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Winseer:
Not paying parking fines might not result in anything legal being done to you, BUT might affect your credit rating as a reported “bad payer” with firms like Experion and Equifax if that’s what they’re still called these days.
sorry but that is complete and utter bullshine. firstly you would need to have a credit agreement with said company for it to show up on your credit file.

Mr Spanker might i remind you that alot of msa’s have notices up stating that unpaid “fines”(and i use that word very loosley) can result in the vehicle being clamped on any future visit.

now it is illegal for them to clamp a vehicle over an alledged debt without a court order/warrent.

Just wait till they take you to court and then produce receipt.

loopyjuice:

Winseer:
sorry but that is complete and utter bullshine. firstly you would need to have a credit agreement with said company for it to show up on your credit file.

Mr Spanker might i remind you that alot of msa’s have notices up stating that unpaid “fines”(and i use that word very loosley) can result in the vehicle being clamped on any future visit.

now it is illegal for them to clamp a vehicle over an alledged debt without a court order/warrent.

Erm. You are obviously a person who’s never defaulted a debt if you seriously think that a default cannot be registered against a person without a credit agreement. Non payment of a debt issued by anyone reporting non-payment to an agency is all that is required. It is a debt default rather than a credit agreement default that is registered, as anyone with a credit agreement can tear it up at any stage without any more than the original debt being pursued. :sunglasses:

Imagine what the world would be like if Joe Bloggs paid his credit cards off, threw them in the bin, and then got fined/charged/pursued by the card company for no longer lining their pockets with the annual charges as agreed on the CREDIT agreement which he has defaulted by ditching it without the card company’s permission? :open_mouth:

If you don’t pay a parking fine, a record for non-payment of a debt is registered against you at the agencies mentioned. Yes, there are some firms that use this data (with ‘purchasable’ :imp: DVLA data!) to know which vehicles to opportunistically clamp when they come across them at a later stage, but this is high abuse of the data and an illegal act in itself. :angry:

This does assume of course that the parking fine sent to a HAULIER is in fact passed onto the driver in question. If the firm chooses NOT to pass it on, then I can’t say I’m sure what effect would be had on a firm’s credit rating at the same agencies, as the laws for private debt and corporate debt are very different. :confused:

Let’s put it another way… I’ve not taken out any credit since 2004, and yet despite that being over 6 years ago, I still have a experion/equifax file on my credit standing - which is most certainly NOT a ‘neutral’ one that one might expect at this point in time! I don’t give a toss in the same manner as a person who’s given up smoking doesn’t give a ■■■■ about the price of cigs anymore. Credit firms cannot make money out of me anymore, - and they know it! This fact is reflected in the credit score that lasts pretty much as long as they feel like on their records. This gives an “interest refusenik” like me the lowest rating one can possibly have, with I believe only the deceased having a lower one still! My file sometimes gets checked when applying for airport security bonding, and the like. No money is being borrowed, but I assume they want to establish that I’m not likely to be blackmailed over debts or something. I’ve never been refused work because of what these firms find on the file, but I have seen the record of footprints going back to the early 1990’s when I first took out credit - So much for the “rolls off after 6 years” that the public are led to believe. :angry:

So you see - people with “no credit” actually have credit scores far inferior to people helplessly in debt, with mortgage arrears, and other missed payments etc. Do you know any 18 year olds with plum jobs that can’t get a mortgage for example? That’s an example of “No Credit File” in action…

A high credit score is not needed by lenders charging rip-off rates - only those charging competetive rates are more likely to require a “good score”. It is easier for someone unemployed with any (even bad) credit history to obtain a new credit card than it is for a well-paid school leaver getting a mortgage with a clear credit file. :sunglasses:

Whilst we’re on the subject of mis-using DVLA data…

got a £55 parking ticket for parking on a kerb in new malden, is there anyway round this? got captured on camera from those fckers that drive around with camera on top of van :frowning:

Yes , don’t park on kerbs

Winseer:
Let’s put it another way… I’ve not taken out any credit since 2004, and yet despite that being over 6 years ago, I still have a experion/equifax file on my credit standing - which is most certainly NOT a ‘neutral’ one that one might expect at this point in time! I don’t give a toss in the same manner as a person who’s given up smoking doesn’t give a ■■■■ about the price of cigs anymore. Credit firms cannot make money out of me anymore, - and they know it! This fact is reflected in the credit score that lasts pretty much as long as they feel like on their records. This gives an “interest refusenik” like me the lowest rating one can possibly have, with I believe only the deceased having a lower one still! My file sometimes gets checked when applying for airport security bonding, and the like. No money is being borrowed, but I assume they want to establish that I’m not likely to be blackmailed over debts or something. I’ve never been refused work because of what these firms find on the file, but I have seen the record of footprints going back to the early 1990’s when I first took out credit - So much for the “rolls off after 6 years” that the public are led to believe. :angry:

So you see - people with “no credit” actually have credit scores far inferior to people helplessly in debt, with mortgage arrears, and other missed payments etc. Do you know any 18 year olds with plum jobs that can’t get a mortgage for example? That’s an example of “No Credit File” in action…

A high credit score is not needed by lenders charging rip-off rates - only those charging competetive rates are more likely to require a “good score”. It is easier for someone unemployed with any (even bad) credit history to obtain a new credit card than it is for a well-paid school leaver getting a mortgage with a clear credit file. :sunglasses:

i totally agree with you on this point, but thepoint i am trying to make is you need some kind of signed agreement with the company before they even legaly look at your credit file never mind alter it

Winseer:
This does assume of course that the parking fine sent to a HAULIER is in fact passed onto the driver in question. If the firm chooses NOT to pass it on, then I can’t say I’m sure what effect would be had on a firm’s credit rating at the same agencies, as the laws for private debt and corporate debt are very different. :confused:

exactly this debt would be between the DRIVER and the clampers not the haulier, they cannot legally take any action against the haulier.