Parking Charge Notice

MADBAZ:
If it’s worded as a Penalty Charge Notice then there’s absolutely nothing they can do, as only local authorities/police can issue those, if it’s a Parking Charge Notice (see what they do with the wordplay) they could in theory take it to court, but they most certainly won’t as the risk of losing would probably put a stop to their racket. Have a look at pepipoo.com for the ins and outs, but they basically say the same as already mentioned, don’t enter into any correspondence.

my mistake, it is a Parking Charge Notice, not a Penalty Charge Notice :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

starfighter:
Just wait till they take you to court and then produce receipt.

my thoughts exactly, and, they will have to pay the legal expenses as they will lose :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My neighbour works at Experian and he said someone is talking bullshine too.

For an agreement to have been broken, there has to be an agreement there in the first place, an agreement between two named parties. There isn’t so it is therefore bullcrap.

I would just let it run its course Rob, and be as rude and obnoxious as you can to anyone who calls you about a PCN

You can do that anyway

Wheel Nut:
My neighbour works at Experian and he said someone is talking bullshine too.

For an agreement to have been broken, there has to be an agreement there in the first place, an agreement between two named parties. There isn’t so it is therefore bullcrap.

I would just let it run its course Rob, and be as rude and obnoxious as you can to anyone who calls you about a PCN

You can do that anyway

either you know me better than i thought you did, or Dieseldave has been talking :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my boss got 1 of these from southwaite services, he ignored it and after about 6 letters they gave up, about 7 months later the same truck stopped there for a 45 min break, driver went off into services and came back 15 mins later too find the truck clamped for non payment of parking, boss coughed up the £60 parking charge and the £125 clamp removal fee too get the truck back on the road. he did call the police before he payed but was told it was a dispute between him and the parking firm.

least you have a receipt too prove you have paid but just beware if the truck stops there again

as was said earlier, the driver paid the parking fee, got the receipt, if the truck stops there again and gets clamped, then there will be court action, provided that he parks legally within a designated parking bay and for no longer than the alloted time :wink:

miked:
got a £55 parking ticket for parking on a kerb in new malden, is there anyway round this? got captured on camera from those fckers that drive around with camera on top of van :frowning:

I know a fella who got a ticket for the same thing from hammersmith & fulham council, he looked into the laws and found that the actual kerb is classed as the part of the road, appealed the ticket, H&F turned down the appeal, it went before some kind of further appeal where my mate and the council were present and he actually used the council photos of how his car was parked as his evidence, the appeal was successful.

The kerb is part of the road and not the pavement is what he was told

Noworries:
Yes , don’t park on kerbs

Short and blunt haha love this forum

scotstrucker:
my boss got 1 of these from southwaite services, he ignored it and after about 6 letters they gave up, about 7 months later the same truck stopped there for a 45 min break, driver went off into services and came back 15 mins later too find the truck clamped for non payment of parking, boss coughed up the £60 parking charge and the £125 clamp removal fee too get the truck back on the road. he did call the police before he payed but was told it was a dispute between him and the parking firm.

least you have a receipt too prove you have paid but just beware if the truck stops there again

It wouldn’t have made a difference if he’d had a receipt at that point, as once the clamp is on - they’ll not ever remove it without full payment of all fees etc. Producing a ticket? No good. Calling the police? No good. Pulling a gun might work, but then no doubt the police would be available for that… :angry:

Nowdays, anyone can set up business as a crook, and once the police confirm they’ll do nothing about it, then it is a charter for more crooks to open up shop.

A neighbour in this street had his car clamped which was parked across the front of someone else’s driveway. The fact that the blocked driveway belonged to a police sergeant didn’t make any difference. THEY got lectured to “take it up with the owner of the vehicle who has clearly illegally parked today, as well as previously”. Erm, just how the hell is he going to get out of his driveway with them refusing to remove the clamp on what to the sergeant is a third-party parking obstruction? :smiling_imp:

I know a fella who got a ticket for the same thing from hammersmith & fulham council,

I’ve just had one from these :imp: Last 2 feet of my trailer were in a yellow box junction . £65 quiid …Absolute tossers

loopyjuice:

Winseer:
Let’s put it another way… I’ve not taken out any credit since 2004, and yet despite that being over 6 years ago, I still have a experion/equifax file on my credit standing - which is most certainly NOT a ‘neutral’ one that one might expect at this point in time! I don’t give a toss in the same manner as a person who’s given up smoking doesn’t give a ■■■■ about the price of cigs anymore. Credit firms cannot make money out of me anymore, - and they know it! This fact is reflected in the credit score that lasts pretty much as long as they feel like on their records. This gives an “interest refusenik” like me the lowest rating one can possibly have, with I believe only the deceased having a lower one still! My file sometimes gets checked when applying for airport security bonding, and the like. No money is being borrowed, but I assume they want to establish that I’m not likely to be blackmailed over debts or something. I’ve never been refused work because of what these firms find on the file, but I have seen the record of footprints going back to the early 1990’s when I first took out credit - So much for the “rolls off after 6 years” that the public are led to believe. :angry:

So you see - people with “no credit” actually have credit scores far inferior to people helplessly in debt, with mortgage arrears, and other missed payments etc. Do you know any 18 year olds with plum jobs that can’t get a mortgage for example? That’s an example of “No Credit File” in action…

A high credit score is not needed by lenders charging rip-off rates - only those charging competetive rates are more likely to require a “good score”. It is easier for someone unemployed with any (even bad) credit history to obtain a new credit card than it is for a well-paid school leaver getting a mortgage with a clear credit file. :sunglasses:

i totally agree with you on this point, but thepoint i am trying to make is you need some kind of signed agreement with the company before they even legaly look at your credit file never mind alter it

They need your permission to poll your credit file. They don’t need permission however to ADD to it. Otherwise we could all say “No” and maintain perfect credit ratings because no bugger would be permitted by the public to write anything nasty on our reports! :mrgreen: :grimacing:

loopyjuice:

Winseer:
This does assume of course that the parking fine sent to a HAULIER is in fact passed onto the driver in question. If the firm chooses NOT to pass it on, then I can’t say I’m sure what effect would be had on a firm’s credit rating at the same agencies, as the laws for private debt and corporate debt are very different. :confused:

exactly this debt would be between the DRIVER and the clampers not the haulier, they cannot legally take any action against the haulier.

The action is taken against the registered keeper of the vehicle. A driver would be considered a “temporary keeper” if declared as thus by the haulier when quizzed by anyone chasing money for penalties.

The Haulier is obliged to hand over the driver’s details if quizzed by the police or VOSA, but a private parking firm could just be fobbed off - at which point the parking fine firm would attempt to chase the haulier for the money. If the haulier at that moment tells them where to get off, then there’s not a jolly lot the said clamping firm can do about it, other than clamp the vehicle again next time they see it - pretty much out of spite, and I understand this action is now illegal. Dunno if that’ll stop them still going ahead and acting thus though! :frowning:

No credit ratings would be affected, as no individual has been named on the parking penalty data. Companies don’t have “credit ratings” in the same way as individuals.

sorry lads, couldn’t resist, replied to the letter :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

here is a copy of the email i sent, obviously with the important personal details changed :wink:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Robert C******* from RMC Haulage, I feel it necessary to contact you due to your totally misguided attempt to scare a potential victim in to paying a totally unacceptable parking charge of £90 (reduced to £60 if I was stupid enough to cough up the cash before 11th April)

Your reference number, so that you can shove the appropriate ‘invoice’ in the relevant orifice is /

The date of alleged offence, the appropriate word there being ‘alleged’, is 24/03/2012

You have kindly provided me with 2 lovely photographs of one of my vehicles (**57 ***) entering and leaving the MSA in question, it is also such a shame that you could not provide a photograph of the driver who was in the vehicle at the time, actually paying in the restaurant for the parking

So, instead of trying to intimidate innocent parties in to paying up a totally unacceptable charge, try asking *****, the cashier in the restaurant, what he did with the money if you are claiming that the driver didn’t pay

I have in my possession a till receipt from the day in question for the overnight parking fee including meal voucher, the transaction number for the till receipt is *******, and the invoice number is ***** ORIGINAL

Personally, I believe that paying £18.50 to park securely (ha ha) overnight is a blatant rip off anyway, never mind being chased for an extra £90 (reduced to £60 if I was stupid enough to cough up the cash before 11th April)

Any further correspondence from yourselves, apart from an apology, will be dealt with by my solicitor, and all costs will be forwarded on to your company

Yours sincerely

R.M. C*******

well, what do you think?

me personally, i think i was a bit lenient with them :blush:

Me likey! Couldn’t have done better meself :sunglasses:

although i like it Rob, unfortunatley all you doing by replying is to tell them to send more threatening letters next time, please post up scans of their begging letters for all to see and laugh at(after removing your personal details and any identifying codes/referance no.s).

‘it is also such a shame that you could not provide a photograph of the driver who was in the vehicle at the time, actually paying in the restaurant for the parking’ :unamused: :unamused:

Interesting!! I wonder what customers thought seeing the truck in the restaurant!!! :laughing:

You were adarned sight more polite than I would have been

Fat Controller:
You were adarned sight more polite than I would have been

funny you should say that, my wife said exactly the same thing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think you got your point across! :grimacing: :laughing:

miked:
got a £55 parking ticket for parking on a kerb in new malden, is there anyway round this? got captured on camera from those fckers that drive around with camera on top of van :frowning:

Used to go to a place in Totenham, were I’d pull onto the nearside kerb/pavemnt whilst I waited for the lads to move their strategicly parked cars from either side off their entrance so I could back in. Anyway little green council parking guy rolls up on his scooter gets out his camerra and is about to be a happy snapper, so I says to him “I;ve only been here 2 mins mate,soon as those 2 cars are moved I’ll be backed in there out the way” he replied " you have parked on the pavement that is the offence, not parking time". anyway we had a debate to which I pointed out that by pulling over to the pavement i was assisting him in keeping the traffic flowing, he kept reckoning that is an offence and thats that. in the end I just got in the truck and put it in the yard opposit. never did get a ticket, all the time I spent debating with him, he forgot to the take a picture :laughing:

Shuttlespanker, like your style :wink: