Parkin Brighton?

Hi all Im going down to hove/Brighton on bank holiday Monday, bonus is I can go early and have the afternoon down there to myself as I’m not tipping till 0800 Tuesday. Now the question… Where can I park? Prefer to be in Brighton so I can go seaside :slight_smile:

Thanks all in advance, oh I’m in an artic with a 10M rear steer trailer on only carrying concrete beams so nowt valuable
Thanks again

Shorham/ portslade . In the dock estate , along sea front from Brighton toward shorham , come to a big set of lights with a spur to ur left . Take the spur behind the pub ( name escapes me) follow it around to the left . Ill find an old coach ( butty wagon ) in a lay by . Park there , should be quiet

Lorry park on the A259 at Shoreham/Southwick, postcode BN42 4DQ will get you next door to it.
No lorry parks in Brighton unless you want to take your chance on one of the industrial estates but most have double yellows.

Martin:
Lorry park on the A259 at Shoreham/Southwick, postcode BN42 4DQ will get you next door to it.
No lorry parks in Brighton unless you want to take your chance on one of the industrial estates but most have double yellows.

How much is it to park and can I use it on holiday Monday?
Thanks

Young_AL:

Martin:

How much is it to park and can I use it on holiday Monday?
Thanks

I have only parked there for a break and never paid, there is a ticket machine but I don’t know the charges.
Parking on the bank holiday should not be a problem, I see the same trucks parked in there every weekend when I go past, including holidays. It is also a coach park but as it’s not a tourist area not many get in there.

Thanks for that, looks like that’ll be my target. Doesn’t look far to Brighton so maybe I’ll catch a a bus or a cab upto Brighton :slight_smile:

Thanks again everyone

The regular trucks parked there are permit holders who pay quarterly. If you give me an idea of where you’re tipping I can give you some more ideas.
Sadly permit parking has become commonplace in the area and it’s starting to engulf a larger and larger area.

My choice would be free parking in Newhaven docks.Cafe and shower there.Sainsburys five min walk.
Train and bus to Brighton.Bus runs late.
Or park near the marina at Brighton along the seafront.
I have seen concert coaches park for the venue.
The nightlife in town is very good.Hen and stag parties.Nightclubs.

m1cks:
The regular trucks parked there are permit holders who pay quarterly. If you give me an idea of where you’re tipping I can give you some more ideas.
Sadly permit parking has become commonplace in the area and it’s starting to engulf a larger and larger area.

240 dyke road, hove, Brighton
8am tip Tuesday morning I have fast floor on so its either gonna be a house or a new housing estate etc

That’s private housing. It’s also just outside any parking restrictions (providinh theyve not expanded) and on a bus route that leads straight into the town centre (no27)
It is a bit of a well to do area so might be a bit snobby with you parking there although there’s plenty of room as it’s a wide road.
I’ll have a look later but many parking restrictions don’t apply on bank holidays.

Cheers m1cks much appreciated :slight_smile:

Young_AL:

m1cks:

8am tip Tuesday morning I have fast floor on so its either gonna be a house or a new housing estate etc

Very large semi-detached house, double yellows outside…

Sent you a pm

Young_AL:
Hi all Im going down to hove/Brighton on bank holiday Monday, bonus is I can go early and have the afternoon down there to myself as I’m not tipping till 0800 Tuesday. Now the question… Where can I park? Prefer to be in Brighton so I can go seaside :slight_smile:

Thanks all in advance, oh I’m in an artic with a 10M rear steer trailer on only carrying concrete beams so nowt valuable
Thanks again

All the totty out on the beer bank holliday monday, can i come with you young al please :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Try the top of Wilson avenue by the race course, 15 minute bus ride into town, or 15 minute walk down the hill to the marina

seth 70:

Young_AL:

Thanks again

All the totty out on the beer bank holliday monday, can i come with you young al please :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Imagine my fun as a 19 year old bus driver down here during the summer :slight_smile:

You can’t park up on Dyke Road and to be honest, you wouldn’t want to. You could possibly be tipping at the BASviC college at the bottom of Dyke Road. They have a new building going in there and I saw 5 of McBurneys tipping concrete floors there on Monday.

richie22:
Shorham/ portslade . In the dock estate , along sea front from Brighton toward shorham , come to a big set of lights with a spur to ur left . Take the spur behind the pub ( name escapes me) follow it around to the left . Ill find an old coach ( butty wagon ) in a lay by . Park there , should be quiet

This is probably your best bet if arriving arriving around midday on the bank holiday but don’t approach from Brighton. Traffic into the city is mad on a bank holiday so head west long the A27 and follow the signs into the dock via Portslade. No toilet facilities, there’s is none at Southwick lorry park either, but it’s free and pretty quiet in the evening. Your only 5 minutes walk from the beach at hove lagoon and another 20mins along the prom will see you in Central Brighton. My only advise would be to give yourself plenty of time to get across Brighton on the Tuesday morning unless your through by 0700.

Just be aware that behind the high wall is a nudist beach!.

Cheers
Neilf

neilf:
You can’t park up on Dyke Road and to be honest, you wouldn’t want to. You could possibly be tipping at the BASviC college at the bottom of Dyke Road. They have a new building going in there and I saw 5 of McBurneys tipping concrete floors there on Monday.

richie22:

This is probably your best bet if arriving arriving around midday on the bank holiday but don’t approach from Brighton. Traffic into the city is mad on a bank holiday so head west long the A27 and follow the signs into the dock via Portslade. No toilet facilities, there’s is none at Southwick lorry park either, but it’s free and pretty quiet in the evening. Your only 5 minutes walk from the beach at hove lagoon and another 20mins along the prom will see you in Central Brighton. My only advise would be to give yourself plenty of time to get across Brighton on the Tuesday morning unless your through by 0700.

Just be aware that behind the high wall is a nudist beach!.

Cheers
Neilf

Thanks very much neilf, nuddy beach!? Might be worth a look :wink: :slight_smile:

Just don’t park at Portslade on a wednesday, it’s getting too busy and i sometimes struggle to find a spot!!

Young_AL:

m1cks:

Dyke road :neutral_face: . . hmff titter titter.