Panic buying.

wilbur:

WildGoose:
Pulled into my usual station on the way back from the night trunk this morning to fill up. Most of the tanks were dry, only one standard car pump operating. So I had to drop the double decker, in order to go under the canopy and trickle in 3 x 99 litres. Slow old ordeal. :unamused:

Completely unnecessary behaviour from people. Sheep the lot of them. Goes to show that no amount of promises from the government about contingency plans (army or whatever) makes any difference to the stupid way people act.

How would an alien who landed be able to tell the difference between you buying fuel (someone who needed it to go about his business and wanted to make sure he didn’t run out in the next couple of days) and the idiot sheep who were ‘panic buying’.

Don’t be troubling the alien with stuff that doesn’t matter, use the encounter to enquire about alternative fuel sources and what did it use to get all the way here without running out.

If their cars run out of fuel so they can’t get to work, just phone up and say I can’t get to work as there’s no fuel, simples & day(s) off. Extra holz. :smiley:

Do you think the minister that said stock up did that with the 34million extra tax from the rise in fuel sales in mind. and im not being funny our local garage (was closed off because of panic buying) was full of old people stock pilling the bloody stuff even thougt they probably use less than a tank ayear

From my mate’s Facebook page… :grimacing:

i filled the car on monday,it was quite a relaxed affair,in fact i was so relaxed i even considered buying an icecream untill i came to my senses and realised what a bunch of robbing scumbags petrol stations are.
as soon as the weekend is over people won`t be worried if they have petrol or not so i expect normal service to resume.

Nearly ran out of derv in the moffet today, no fuel a three garages i passed, ended up sitting in the sunshine in a queue for the car pumps in Fleet on my moffet!, i was very tempted to pick the car in front up and move it out of the way!

I could never understand the reason for panic buying ? if everyone just bought petrol as normal it will last and there will be no worries, it’s panic buying that causes the shortage FFS

Panic is over, at least for me. Sir Bertie has allowed me to use him as an emergency container so now he’s full of diesel. Thank the lord

You couldnt make this ■■■■ up.

I left Poole at 1am this morning and people were queing for the pumps then, its ridiculous.
Hope I can get some tomorrow when I’m on my way home, I always fill at the same place every fortnight and put £80 in which does me 2 round trips to work and a litlle bit of pottering about at the weekend.

No diesel ANYWHERE in Torquay(Allegedly) I will need some by Sunday night though. :unamused:

Coming home early this morning I tried my local(Camberley) Sainsburys and guess what, all pumps empty. There was a BP tanker there I assume delivering but nothing was going out to cars. The local BP close(Colnbrook) to work had pumps shut and queues for the others so no choice but to use my local Tesco, hate their fuel as it is crap but beggars can’t be choosers.

Literally 5 mins ago…I had a call from the agency offering me £9.00ph bulk delivery in a 7.5t. I turned it down because I don’t have enough fuel for the round trip! ■■■■■■■■■ :imp:

I was laughing my ■■■■ off at the numpties sat behind me in the queue at morrisons. I thought 2 blokes was going to start fighting. I called the wife in the other car behind me to say at least we aren’t panic buying

Why has the government picked a fight with Unite?
Think about the timing of this,and diverting attention away from;
Tax cuts for Millionaires
A Granny Tax
A Pie Tax
A tax rise for middle earners
AND THE BIGGIE?The Cash for Access affair.Definitely a lot more to be discovered there.

Day off work today but got up at 4am to drive the 2 minute drive to Boreham Interchange services, no-one in there, 3 pumps open, the bloke behind the counter said he expects to be dry come the morning :unamused:

C-Kay:
Day off work today but got up at 4am to drive the 2 minute drive to Boreham Interchange services, no-one in there, 3 pumps open, the bloke behind the counter said he expects to be dry come the morning :unamused:

Nice to see you didnt panic then, just got up at 4am on your day off :smiley:

green456:
Why has the government picked a fight with Unite?
Think about the timing of this,and diverting attention away from;
Tax cuts for Millionaires
A Granny Tax
A Pie Tax
A tax rise for middle earners
AND THE BIGGIE?The Cash for Access affair.Definitely a lot more to be discovered there.

Last time I checked the Government hasn’t picked a fight with anybody. It is private Companies that said enough is enough I am not giving in this time to your childish behaviours.

But carry on Government bashing… It is good to let it off your chest sometimes.

bigvern1:
Literally 5 mins ago…I had a call from the agency offering me £9.00ph bulk delivery in a 7.5t. I turned it down because I don’t have enough fuel for the round trip! ■■■■■■■■■ :imp:

take a pipe, and a can. :wink:
and if you have standards, you could give the boss £20, and say “that’s for the fuel to get me home”.

i did a similar thing a while ago.
me “knock £25 off my wages next week”
boss “why”
me “i’ve no cash on me, and my bank card’s at home, so i’m topping up the wifes car in fleetwood on the fuel card.
boss” arrr, erm, arr, erm. thanks for you honesty…"

and he forgot to knock the money off, and i forgot to remind him. :laughing:

working for small firms has its benefits.

Panic buyers. I’m so angry that words to describe them elude me. The govt may rightly or wrongly get blamed, but the “I’m Ok Jack so ■■■■ the rest of you” culture is down to pure selfishness and me me me culture. Maybe we can blame the advertising world or Radio 2 or something. Bottom line is people are selfish ■■■■■ and think they are being clever and sensible by depleting fuel stocks before a strike has even started.

Trouble is, when we do run out of fuel they will blame everyone else instead of themselves for being greedy and selfish. It’s like the financial melt down. Everyone blames the banks, but it was YOU who took out a loan or a credit card and spent beyond your means because you just had to have the newest car or the latest ■■■■ iphone or a conservatory. Now it is not YOUR fault for overspending, but the BANKS fault for letting you borrow. You ■■■■■■ retards. I’m genuinely foaming at the mouth.