Panic buying.

guardian.co.uk/news/blog/201 … tes-petrol

No strike called as yet so whatever petrol they’re buying today will most likely be used by the time any strike is called for if it’s called for! :unamused: :slight_smile:

Idiots, the world is populated by panicky idiots

Teignmouth in Devon is at a standstill, cos’ of the idiots trying to get into the Tesco’s Garage. ■■■■■■ Morrisons at Paignton. Same story. ■■■■■■ :imp:

When this happened last time (2000?#), I left the car on the drive half empty, saying “panicky idiots! What kind of idiot rushes out to buy fuel now?”.

Then the following week I couldn’t go anywhere because I’d been so calm and sensible that the so-called idiots got the fuel and I didn’t.

Now police force orders petrol stations to CLOSE:

unbelievable!!

And you’ll have ■■■■ sitting in those queues, engines running to top up with a gallon or two…

The Police shut the local Tesco petrol station by me because idiots were getting arsey in the que and blocking people trying to do their shopping.

I passed three garages last night all gridlocked.
One at old ford on the a12 is causing chaos as traffic can’t pass the queue as other have said.
How long before its on the news that some idiots house has burned down as they had 800 litres of petrol stored in buckets in the garage and the bath.

well i’m going to the pub, there is a petrol station nearby, so i don’t need to watch telly. :laughing: :laughing:

bigvern1:
Teignmouth in Devon is at a standstill, cos’ of the idiots trying to get into the Tesco’s Garage. [zb]! Morrisons at Paignton. Same story. [zb]. :imp:

Same at Asda Penryn and St Austell. Queues back to main roads causing chaos. FFS whats wrong with people?? Oh sorry the government said to fill up now, they know best!!

Asda ran out of diesel yesterday and the queues were horrendous to try to get into the store, all i wanted was a new patio set to sit in the sun. :sunglasses:

Haven’t bought any diesel since last week. Still got 3/4 a tank in there… plenty for me for now :slight_smile:

On the way home this morning( 3am) they were still queing at garages in london ,what a bloody joke,the garages in welwyn garden city have all but run dry

I topped mine up today, I’m back to work tomorrow and needed to fill it up anyway. Full tank lasts over two weeks of work or twenty calender days :grimacing:

Car wise i’ll be ok but the tanker need filling on a daily basis ,so looks like i will have to que up and waste time on that before i start work and no i’m not paid hourly but per job

Fill my car up every other Friday and it’s due a fill tomorrow. Won’t be sitting Queing up for it if it runs low and I can’t get any il get the train.
I won’t be spending my spare time waiting for fuel.

Car wise im almost empty, fill up the morra before work at 4am beat the queues :laughing: i have a bike though worst comes to worst.

Work wise there is 35,000 litres in the main tank so alright on that score.

Idiots, the world is populated by panicky idiots

This^^

Pulled into my usual station on the way back from the night trunk this morning to fill up. Most of the tanks were dry, only one standard car pump operating. So I had to drop the double decker, in order to go under the canopy and trickle in 3 x 99 litres. Slow old ordeal. :unamused:

Got back to yard and popped to tesco on the way home to do some food shopping, and their petrol station was all coned off, thanks to rush hour panic buying the previous night.

Completely unnecessary behaviour from people. Sheep the lot of them. Goes to show that no amount of promises from the government about contingency plans (army or whatever) makes any difference to the stupid way people act.

I really don’t care whatever happens, I can walk the 3 miles to work if necessary.

The Mrs works for the NHS on house visits and the garages have to have fuel in reserve for those sort of jobs (plus the emergency services) so we should be able to fill up. Just means that she will have to join a queue and i wont be able to do it at night, on the way to work…hey ho!

WildGoose:
Pulled into my usual station on the way back from the night trunk this morning to fill up. Most of the tanks were dry, only one standard car pump operating. So I had to drop the double decker, in order to go under the canopy and trickle in 3 x 99 litres. Slow old ordeal. :unamused:

Completely unnecessary behaviour from people. Sheep the lot of them. Goes to show that no amount of promises from the government about contingency plans (army or whatever) makes any difference to the stupid way people act.

How would an alien who landed be able to tell the difference between you buying fuel (someone who needed it to go about his business and wanted to make sure he didn’t run out in the next couple of days) and the idiot sheep who were ‘panic buying’.

Outside the filling-the-bathtub-just-in-case brigade, there’s no difference between someone panic-buying fuel and someone prudently making sure they don’t run out. Except one description is for ‘us’ and the other is for ‘them’.