Pallet truck stowage

my company use old Tyres to hold pallet truck in place by lifting front wheels over and into the tyre ! I rememeber working for a decent company once ( lol ) who had purchased rubber mats that were neat and easy to use. Any ideas where I can get these?

i use the ratchet off a strap, wrap it around the pump truck handle then through the ratchet handle and hook it on the load-loc rails

Good idea, although I have a curtain sider.

can u not just ask the conmpany you worked for ?

They are gone. Just found it on Ebay, so sorry case closed. LOL.

Turn it on it’s side - works for me :slight_smile:

i used to turn it on its side, but then i noticed a dark stain on the floor…hydraulic oil leaking out

If you’ve got full pallets on, put the ruck under the pallets and pump it up to take the weight of the pallet. The place a short piece of 4x4 under the truck between the wheels and the pallet release the pressure on the truck so the truck is sat on the 4x4 and hey presto the truck won’t move

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

We use tyres does the trick and doesn’t move

My first ever hgv job with shiny new class 2 licence was on an agency. I was sent to a chicken (meat) distributor. When I had finished the drops I was left with an empty truck and a pallet truck. I hadn’t a clue what to do with it as there were no straps, I didn’t think I could turn it upside-down as I was worried hydraulic oil would escape :unamused: . So my vast experience said "sod it it’ll be alright the doors are thick and the locks look strong.

Got all the way from Liverpool to the M50 roundabout off the M5 and BOOM! pallet truck flies out of side door into middle of road :open_mouth: .

Went round roundabout put it back on (seemed to be working ok) got back to depot and handed keys back, never heard another thing about it so must have got away with it.

Chalk THAT one down to experience :blush: .

Smoggie89:
We use tyres does the trick and doesn’t move

^This^

A tyre is surely the easyest and cheapest option. You can push the truck partly under a pallet and jack it up so it is wedged, or use a 4x4 timber and lift the handle end on to it so the wheels are off the floor.

I suspect that all these solutions are insecure, and in the event of an accident there could be 250kg of truck flying through the air; but short of getting out and using a ratchet strap, I have never come across anything better and more convenient than a tyre. Incidentally - motorcycle tyres are best.

Or if your boss has a Range Rover spare tyre floating about the yard!

Santa:
A tyre is surely the easyest and cheapest option. You can push the truck partly under a pallet and jack it up so it is wedged, or use a 4x4 timber and lift the handle end on to it so the wheels are off the floor.

I suspect that all these solutions are insecure, and in the event of an accident there could be 250kg of truck flying through the air; but short of getting out and using a ratchet strap, I have never come across anything better and more convenient than a tyre. Incidentally - motorcycle tyres are best.

+1 Bridgestone 023 for me, loooaads of grip on the edge of the tyre! :laughing:

If there’s a ridge near the floor at skirting board height, you can gently pump it up until just pinching, wrench the handle sideways so it’s steering into the forward side, then leave it and hope for the best. :grimacing:

If you’re one of those pillocks who goes around roundabouts on 3 wheels though, the sides will flex enough for the whole lot to come adrift. :unamused:

Worked for me on RM 17tonners for many years in any case…

Bad news for me then, we can end up with hundreds of brand new pallet trucks on.no matter how many straps,blocks of wood etc they still seem to move.
seems they have a mind of their own just to annoy us. :wink:

I carry one everyday on multi drop work, just put a cot off peice of 6x4 just behind the front wheel and it will not move,

Madguy. :imp:

Here’s an opportunity for someone to invent something and make a killing

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?nfvbsi
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

We use these…
diytrade.com/china/pd/228962 … RPR02.html
Base’s off a traffic cone,work fantastically well and easy to store out of the way unlike a tyre.
Our company bought 150 of them for all our vehicles,but buying them is optional :sunglasses:

Used to have a ‘truckpark’ I think it was called, basically a rubber rectangle with a ramp and a hole, so you pulled the truck up the ramp till the wheels fell in the hole, wasn’t going anywhere.

Used tyres in the past, no probs.

Put them on their side very often and never had them leak, think if they leak when you do that, they were ■■■■■■ anyway and were going to let you down under pressure.