Pallet truck stowage

Anyone got a pic of this tyre way

Sat here trying to work it out :confused: Or maybe it’s been a long day :smiley:

Found theys

vestilmfg.com/products/mhequ … k_stop.htm

Legend_Scania:
Found theys

They’re the truck park.

Now, exactly the same with a tyre is the tyre way, ie, you lift the arse end wheels into the tyre

Seen a Nolans with hes pump truck strapped to
the catwalk and the forks pointing under the trailer to the side of the pin.

waynedl:

Legend_Scania:
Found theys

They’re the truck park.

Now, exactly the same with a tyre is the tyre way, ie, you lift the arse end wheels into the tyre

Ahhh I get you now mate

Happydaze:

Santa:
A tyre is surely the easyest and cheapest option. You can push the truck partly under a pallet and jack it up so it is wedged, or use a 4x4 timber and lift the handle end on to it so the wheels are off the floor.

I suspect that all these solutions are insecure, and in the event of an accident there could be 250kg of truck flying through the air; but short of getting out and using a ratchet strap, I have never come across anything better and more convenient than a tyre. Incidentally - motorcycle tyres are best.

+1 Bridgestone 023 for me, loooaads of grip on the edge of the tyre! :laughing:

yer not riding it right :laughing:

The methods that have been shown to me are thus.

1. Lift up so the trucks steer wheels are over a tyre

2. Turn upside down

3. Stick under the pallet which is near the back, so you would have reversed up to the other pallet then dropped it with enough room to turn and jack it up. Sometimes putting a cross bar or strap across through the handle of the truck.

4. Strap it to the side of the loadbed with those side secure things. Either can be done at the handle or halfway up

I have had suggestions to let it roll freely and it “won’t do any damage” as mentioned before but it invariably would! Then again, that is usually from the people that don’t want to strap loads in a curtainsider.

I have not come across the wheel chock system by other items but there are other ways to get creative. If you put it under a pallet make sure that the up/down movement of the handle whilst you are driving will not cause it to lift and move the pallet, as I’ve had that too. Not had the pallet truck leave the back of the wagon yet but there is always a first time for everything :wink:

Saratoga:

2. Turn upside down

3. Stick under the pallet which is near the back, so you would have reversed up to the other pallet then dropped it with enough room to turn and jack it up. Sometimes putting a cross bar or strap across through the handle of the truck.

4. Strap it to the side of the loadbed with those side secure things. Either can be done at the handle or halfway up

I have had suggestions to let it roll freely and it “won’t do any damage” as mentioned before but it invariably would! Then again, that is usually from the people that don’t want to strap loads in a curtainsider.

I have not come across the wheel chock system by other items but there are other ways to get creative. If you put it under a pallet make sure that the up/down movement of the handle whilst you are driving will not cause it to lift and move the pallet, as I’ve had that too. Not had the pallet truck leave the back of the wagon yet but there is always a first time for everything :wink:

The idea of putting the truck under a pallet, you line the front wheels up on the wood that runs across the bottom of the pallet, then a couple of pumps and it wedges, not the wheels on the deck :unamused: - Kinda like when you ■■■■ up and you break the bottom beam off the pallet, but with less pumps. Always put the lever into the middle position, as, like you said, you don’t want it to pump anymore when you’re driving.

i have one of these truckparks just the job

waynedl:

Saratoga:

2. Turn upside down

The idea of putting the truck under a pallet, you line the front wheels up on the wood that runs across the bottom of the pallet, then a couple of pumps and it wedges, not the wheels on the deck :unamused: - Kinda like when you [zb] up and you break the bottom beam off the pallet, but with less pumps. Always put the lever into the middle position, as, like you said, you don’t want it to pump anymore when you’re driving.

I love these layman’s terms for the highly profound concepts! :laughing: :laughing:

Winseer:

waynedl:

Saratoga:

2. Turn upside down

The idea of putting the truck under a pallet, you line the front wheels up on the wood that runs across the bottom of the pallet, then a couple of pumps and it wedges, not the wheels on the deck :unamused: - Kinda like when you [zb] up and you break the bottom beam off the pallet, but with less pumps. Always put the lever into the middle position, as, like you said, you don’t want it to pump anymore when you’re driving.

I love these layman’s terms for the highly profound concepts! :laughing: :laughing:

Easiest way I could think of to describe it.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
If you’ve got full pallets on, put the ruck under the pallets and pump it up to take the weight of the pallet. The place a short piece of 4x4 under the truck between the wheels and the pallet release the pressure on the truck so the truck is sat on the 4x4 and hey presto the truck won’t move

This also works for me - but I still turn it over when empty!

photo0293.jpg

Photo0292.jpg

Next time you see a traffic cone with one of those detachable heavy duty bases on them, try and grab it. The base is ideal for keeping your pump truck safe in the back of your truck. It works the same as an old tyre. Just drop the steer wheels into it and pull the lever to let the pump truck down. Sorted.