OYEZ!........OYEZ........OYEZ!!

OYEZ!..OYEZ!..OYEZ!!
BE YE ALL AWARE, YE OLDE WAGON DRIVER, GLEN McBIRNIE, BEING FROM YE OLDE KINGDOM OF FIFE, SCOTLAND, NOW RESIDING IN RUGBY, WARWICKSHIRE, HAS ORGANISED A GATHERING OF YE OLDE WAGON DRIVERS AT YE HOSTELRY CALLED JACKS HILL CAFE ON THE A5 NEAR TOWCESTER.
YE OLD WAGON DRIVERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO YE OLD HOSTELRY TO PARTAKE IN THE EVENT.
OYEZ!..OYEZ!..OYEZ!!
(EVEN YE, DENNIS, WHO ART AS OLD AS THE HILLS ROUND ■■■■■■■■■

Alex

Ithink the fumes generated at the Jacks Hill gathering will be diesel and oil along with bacon and egg.
Horse Manure went out when Glen McBirnie retired!!
Bassman

Stayed there many times times, the last time was 1997/8. Now retired but I may get there on the 15th April just for owld times sake, Regards Larry.

Got it booked in the diary Alex.Alan Spillett told me about it a while back and he will be there as well.
Cheers Dave.

All you young lads! I used to go in there when it was the Towcester Towers and Jack’s Hill was on the A1 :smiley:
Hope to be there for old times sake.

alexsaville:
OYEZ!..OYEZ!..OYEZ!!
BE YE ALL AWARE, YE OLDE WAGON DRIVER, GLEN McBIRNIE, BEING FROM YE OLDE KINGDOM OF FIFE, SCOTLAND, NOW RESIDING IN RUGBY, WARWICKSHIRE, HAS ORGANISED A GATHERING OF YE OLDE WAGON DRIVERS AT YE HOSTELRY CALLED JACKS HILL CAFE ON THE A5 NEAR TOWCESTER.
YE OLD WAGON DRIVERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO YE OLD HOSTELRY TO PARTAKE IN THE EVENT.
OYEZ!..OYEZ!..OYEZ!!
(EVEN YE, DENNIS, WHO ART AS OLD AS THE HILLS ROUND ■■■■■■■■■

If I can lay my hands on an ex S.O.M. 8LXB Big J and find a load for London to put on the Highway widespread,I’ll guarantee to attend the event Alex!! Failing that ,if I could get my hands on Dr.Who’s Tardis I could be there in a flash!!!However,I send you all my best wishes for what should be a great nostalgic event Ooooooooh! just thinking about all the stour and stink of clutches and brakes,never mind the diesel fumes and fugg of Woodbines and Capstan Full strength ■■■■,and thats before you sit down to breakfast!!! Regards Dennis.

Get yourself to Jacks Hill Dennis and you will travel a lot of miles and deliver many loads with a 8LXB Big J, at least in conversation if not in real life. I feel sure that some one will be there who,s driven one ,loaded one or tipped one.
Even if you don,t find your elusive 8LXB Big J, it,s bound to be a great day! Bassman

Bassman:
Get yourself to Jacks Hill Dennis and you will travel a lot of miles and deliver many loads with a 8LXB Big J, at least in conversation if not in real life. I feel sure that some one will be there who,s driven one ,loaded one or tipped one.
Even if you don,t find your elusive 8LXB Big J, it,s bound to be a great day! Bassman

Hiya “Bassman”,I’m sure that a “blow by blow” account will be posted on this thread after the event by some of those lads that attend the get together!!Pity a lot of us will be unable to make it but we’ll sure be there,on the day, in “spirit” hic! hic! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis,
Will it be “IRN BRU” to the fore. If so I don,t think it will be “hic-hic” more burp-burp!! Bassman

Mick.
You dont expect Dennis to drink such a refined brew as Irn-Bru, do you?
Thats for refined Scottish gentlemen as myself and Glen.
Coca-Cola’s good enough for t’lad from ■■■■■■■■
Alex

alexsaville:
Mick.
You dont expect Dennis to drink such a refined brew as Irn-Bru, do you?
Thats for refined Scottish gentlemen as myself and Glen.
Coca-Cola’s good enough for t’lad from ■■■■■■■■
Alex

IMO both those drinks will melt your teeth (if youv’e still got any !) and rot your guts and your socks !!! Dennis.

Dennis

I actually drove that 8 wheeler in the poster. At my age any damage thats been done to my teeth is beyond repair.
Therefore I enjoy my ice-cold Irn Bru with pleasure!
After all, as far as we Scots are concerned, it’s our other national drink!

Sla’inte!

alexsaville:
Dennis

I actually drove that 8 wheeler in the poster. At my age any damage thats been done to my teeth is beyond repair.

Sla’inte!

Aye Alex,I ken that Irn Bru will be the Low landers choice as they could never 'hod their Whiskey" like a Highland Laddie,or an Aberdonian for that matter,Cheerio and doon the hatch !!!Dennis.

alexsaville:
Dennis

Sla’inte!

They had quite an impressive fleet the S.C.W.S. Alex,I can recall them passing,each way,through Kendal when I was a lad.Would they have been down to Manchester to the Co-op factories or maybe farther afield ! Cheers Dennis.

Never seen Glen drink Irn Bru, just mugs of tea (as long as somebody else is supplying them). Rumour has it he still has a stash of old Scottish one pound notes in his wallet as crisp as the day they were printed. A true Scot!

hiya,
Just received the Info regarding the Jacks Hill do via email from Alex,
I never venture very far from the few posts I get involved with so didn’t
see anything until this afternoon, would love to be there, but on this
occasion it isn’t possible, having having spent many hours in the cafe
eating and kipping it would have been nice to “call again” in more con-
vivial surroundings, but will be with you in spirit, have a good time
Glen and Co and lets have some pics.
thanks harry long retired.

I really don,t think that,s true of Glen. His wallet,s never seen day light long enough to put anything in.
But I agree about the mugs of tea , that took years of practice. Cheers Bassman

harry_gill:
hiya,
Just received the Info regarding the Jacks Hill do via email from Alex,
I never venture very far from the few posts I get involved with so didn’t
see anything until this afternoon, would love to be there, but on this
occasion it isn’t possible, having having spent many hours in the cafe
eating and kipping it would have been nice to “call again” in more con-
vivial surroundings, but will be with you in spirit, have a good time
Glen and Co and lets have some pics.
thanks harry long retired.

Last time I was in there would be 1978 Harry. I’d like to go but’s it’s too far from the IOM,however I hope all who attend have a good old natter and burn plenty of diesel. :sunglasses:

I hope every one who manages to get to the Jacks Hill Bash will share their experiences with those that didn,t make it.
I am looking forward to a complete report from Glen, he might get carried away telling me and buy me a IRN BRU whilst in full flow.
Cheers , Bassman

He might get carried away telling you about it,but you won’t get that Irn Bru.