Owens of llanelli & hicks international

Hi all , Has anyone got any pics of OWENS OF LLANELLI or HICKS INERTNATIONAL trucks please , many thanks, Andy

TRANSCON ANDY:
Hi all , Has anyone got any pics of OWENS OF LLANELLI or HICKS INERTNATIONAL trucks please , many thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,
pete359 and others have pics of Owens and Hicks on the South Wales thread.
Cheers Dave.

my mate digger, drives for owens.got loads pic of owens, bashed up ones as well.
keep an eye out south wales haulers 60/70s onwards.
daibootsy

Here y’ go; bit modern for this thread perhaps ! :wink:
These are the two I drove for them, mainly on the Corus Llandybie and Draka Wire contracts.

gnasty gnome:
These are the two I drove for them, mainly on the Corus Llandybie and Draka Wire contracts.

Hi gnasty gnome,
Thats a long body on the four wheeler,looks about 27’ long.
Cheers Dave.

Yes, she was a nice old bus, bit underpowered but drove well, and despite the long body she’d carry nearly 11 tonnes. Lot of people knocked those ERF cabs, but compared to a lot of other 18-tonners they’re positively spacious, especially if you’re out all week; in fact they’re probably better on internal storage space than the flat-top FM’s, especially the later ones. Comfy bed too.

Incidentally Dave; that Leyland in your avatar, is that the one that’s now with Jack Griffiths down near Llandrindod Wells, the bloke who’s got the Diamond T and the Ward-LaFrance wreckers?

gnasty gnome:
Yes, she was a nice old bus, bit underpowered but drove well, and despite the long body she’d carry nearly 11 tonnes. Lot of people knocked those ERF cabs, but compared to a lot of other 18-tonners they’re positively spacious, especially if you’re out all week; in fact they’re probably better on internal storage space than the flat-top FM’s, especially the later ones. Comfy bed too.

Incidentally Dave; that Leyland in your avatar, is that the one that’s now with Jack Griffiths down near Llandrindod Wells, the bloke who’s got the Diamond T and the Ward-LaFrance wreckers?

That’s the one,it’s still in his uncle Clarence Griffiths colours,it’s still used on lime hauling from the quarries in the spring and the autumn.Jacks brother Elwyn runs it now.
Cheers Dave.

gnasty gnome:

[/img]

A bit modern for the thread maybe but a very nice piece of old fashioned roping and sheeting GG.
Nice to see that the art is still there.
Looks lovely.

i got a couple of Hicks today in Tilbury, waiting for export, a 51 and a 02 (i think) both XF Space cabs, i havent put them on Photobucket yet, but when i do, i will put 'em on here mate.

As promised, a couple at Tilbury Docks waiting for export (last week)