OVERTAKING.

just come down the A1 and theirs a cf daf from LTS distribution overtaking a truck from Wm A JAINES,& it took about 6-7 miles why could’nt the JAINES truck just ease off a bit to let the other one past…? that why truck drivers get slaed all the time because of pricks like these two.
then when we get down into road works just past scotch corner their both doing 45 mph in traffic,so what did they gain apart from car drivers saying look at these two knobs here holding everyone up because ■■■■ i mean JAINES thinks he’ll be late home if he ease’s off.
rant over.

andy.

It happens because the average motorist is selfish and doesn’t care about anyone but themselves. This applies to all groups of road users.

A little bit of consideration for someone else would solve a lot of problems on our roads, but nobody wants to use any.

I had exactly the same problem last night from a kuhne-nagel (sp?) driver, for reasons unknown to me he’d slowed a fair bit (perhaps briefly) and I went to overtake him, by the time I was half way along his trailer he’d sped up to very nearly my speed but there was a hill coming and I knew it wouldn’t slow mine down - unfortunately it didn’t slow his down either :frowning: I ended up out there for ages, just slowly creeping past and the guy never eased off, didn’t even flash me back in when I finaly got past. o.k, I could have eased off and dropped back in but that would have caused as much hastle behind me as carrying on did. You end up in a no win situation.

If someone takes longer than usual to overtake me, I honestly always ease off a touch, normally a few seconds and you can get back up to speed, I’ll never understand why some are so reluctant to do the same.

Same thing for me today. I followed a FedEx artic off the m6 onto the m1, had a coach between us. A pentons motor moved over to let him on. The coach and I move into lane 2 behind the pentons lorry, only for the FedEx nob to sit cab to cab with Mr pentons all the way to northampton. Then a lorry pulled on at 16 and he wanted to come out. As I sailed by him, indicator flashing, he invited me for a coffee. I replied one sugar please, planning to tell him, over said coffee, not to drive like a ■■■ and next time he’ll get let out

Same thing happened to me on the M62/M602 split coming outa Manchester this morning.The rain was dancing down and loadsa spray,i came alongside this grain tipper wagon and was overtaking him but he wasnt having any of it.He was determined i wasnt gona overtake him,so i just backed off and pulled in behind him the sad git :unamused: It just isnt worth the hassle :neutral_face:

Think its a case of small man big truck syndrome.
Definately no need indeed…! Especially when some one has the decency to let you out , wether your quicker or not, ease off let them back in then on your way… Won’t be long before nobody lets no one out !

sod it, after this thread and finding a daily sport readers wives magazine under my bunk obviously left by a previous occupant I have come to the conclusion that all lorry drivers are onanists and will start a facebook group accordingly :smiley:

what ■■■■■■ me off is when im overtaking a artic just pulled in front slightly then bang down the hill he goes and we start the cycle alover again lol :neutral_face: making me look a prized prick :stuck_out_tongue: i always ease back for other fellow truckers :exclamation: no oneelse will look out for us

Set the cruise at 52 problem solved much less stressful, watch the truck that passes you and see how long it takes before he is a quarter mile in front, ages is the answer. Try it for a day, enjoy the ride look at the countryside and the pretty laydees etc not the back of a truck. Nice :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

joedwyer1:
sod it, after this thread and finding a daily sport readers wives magazine under my bunk obviously left by a previous occupant I have come to the conclusion that all lorry drivers are onanists and will start a facebook group accordingly :smiley:

Thats one for dictionary corner!!! 8 letters! Never heard it called that before. :smiley: :smiley:

mike68:
Set the cruise at 52 problem solved much less stressful, watch the truck that passes you and see how long it takes before he is a quarter mile in front, ages is the answer. Try it for a day, enjoy the ride look at the countryside and the pretty laydees etc not the back of a truck. Nice :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is exactly what i do…fortunately i work for an employer who does nt hassle me and would prefer me to drive safely and get there in one piece…

mike68:

gotta be honest, this seems to work well.
my truck on cruise, seems to do, about 54, i’m happy at that, but if i go on the throttle, it goes to 56■■?
works well though, sit on cruise most of the time, then if some ignorant muppet, tries to stitch you, when overtaking, handy, just to have that extra little bit in reserve.
i’ll echo the thoughts of others here, what happened to looking after each other, the days of us, being classed as knights of the road, seem to be fading fast. shame.

If you haven’t been sitting on my bumper for the last five miles, weaving in and out while almost leaning out your window with that ‘WTF are you holding me up for’ look on your face, before slowly pulling out with no indication, then I’ll back off abit and let you pass.

If however you think the above actions are perfectly ok then I’ll be keeping it flat to the mat :confused:

OVLOV JAY:
Same thing for me today. I followed a FedEx artic off the m6 onto the m1, had a coach between us. A pentons motor moved over to let him on. The coach and I move into lane 2 behind the pentons lorry, only for the FedEx nob to sit cab to cab with Mr pentons all the way to northampton. Then a lorry pulled on at 16 and he wanted to come out. As I sailed by him, indicator flashing, he invited me for a coffee. I replied one sugar please, planning to tell him, over said coffee, not to drive like a ■■■ and next time he’ll get let out

The only other truck i’ve seen ‘cab to cab’ with a Pentons motor is…another Pentons motor :slight_smile:

mike68:

I work nights so it would still look the bloody same…black :laughing:

this situation can be annoying but expected i work nights so dont have much bother. what i must say is the one thing that gets me on edge is when overtaking the other lorry decides to drift into your lane epecially around roadworks were the lanes are slighty on the slim side, i find a blast on the horn wakes them up

Because he has a little ■■■■.

dustylfc:
this situation can be annoying but expected i work nights so dont have much bother. what i must say is the one thing that gets me on edge is when overtaking the other lorry decides to drift into your lane epecially around roadworks were the lanes are slighty on the slim side, i find a blast on the horn wakes them up

M6 roadworks in Brum every freekin night.Im doin 50 and some sod comes teararsin past flat out nearly takin my mirrors with him :imp: :imp: :imp:

BIGRIG:

dustylfc:

M6 roadworks in Brum every freekin night.Im doin 50 and some sod comes teararsin past flat out nearly takin my mirrors with him :imp: :imp: :imp:

soz about that i was steering with my knees, watching footy, i take it you didnt get much luck from the number i gave?

i know you shouldnt laugh ,but i do have aliittle giggle when you see that truck in front go hurtling down the inside of the poor zber whos spent the last ten miles getting passed him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
well i suppose if you didnt laugh youd cry

ady1:
i know you shouldnt laugh ,but i do have aliittle giggle when you see that truck in front go hurtling down the inside of the poor zber whos spent the last ten miles getting passed him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
well i suppose if you didnt laugh youd cry

Surely it’s all a little bit about planning. Easy with tippers tankers, tyres flat they’re fully freighted, you know they’ll go like hell down hill and struggle up the other side. So you make a conscious decision to either pass them up every hill or slow down a bit and let them get away.
I used to use the ‘1/2 way rule’ when driving. If they were up to 1/2 way past me before I started to regain speed I’d 'leave em out there if it was a downhill section and I knew I could get away. If they were past 1/2 way I’d let em in. (unless it was their 77th attempt to pass me)