Overtaking

Dan Punchard:
It’s all good fun tonight what with this and the tractor and trailer carry on !

your right Dan a newby and a bumpkin night… better than simon cowell

By the way cliff your now in a box in the loft as of today ,with the other South Wales hauliers !!

Dan Punchard:
By the way cliff your now in a box in the loft as of today ,with the other South Wales hauliers !!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wasn’t really bothered by the fact I had been overtaken like I said it was a fairly safe manoeuvre and I did slow down as he overtook. Just thought I’d ask people views on the subject in general as this was 1st time being overtook on single carriageway.
Oh well better get back to not getting laid!
Cheers fella’s
Also I didn’t report it.

Faz5837:
Wasn’t really bothered by the fact I had been overtaken like I said it was a fairly safe manoeuvre…

Why would you even consider “reporting” it then? It was a non-event. Nothing happened. In your own words, it was a “safe manoeuvre”.

You obviously were bothered by it, otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist.

Are you related to ROG?

Contraflow:

Faz5837:
Wasn’t really bothered by the fact I had been overtaken like I said it was a fairly safe manoeuvre…

Why would you even consider “reporting” it then? It was a non-event. Nothing happened. In your own words, it was a “safe manoeuvre”.

Are you related to ROG?

It’s Albion1971 in disguise :wink: :wink: :wink:

Did it plenty in my rigid years 4am racing to London on the A40 between Cheltenham and Oxford, never done it in an artic though, obviously abit of a ■■■■■.

Good job he’s not in Derbyshire hill billy county he’d be overtaken by one a mile !

tango boy:

Contraflow:

Faz5837:

Are you related to ROG?

It’s Albion1971 in disguise :wink: :wink: :wink:

ROG and Albion1971’s love child; supergrass extraordinaire.

If he was no danger to you or others, crack on and forget about it and carry on your way, if he is speeding that is his look out :wink:

I would run out of ink or memory space on my phone if I took every HGV drivers number that was being a ■■■■…me myself included on the very very very rare occasion :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Faz5837:
What’s people’s views on hgv’s overtaking hgv’s on a single carriageway?
This morning I was overtaken by another Hgv on a single carriageway. Was doing the speed limit 40mph and after about 5 miles of truck behind trying to push me to break the limit he overtook having to cross no overtaking markings on the road. To be fair the road was clear and the manoeuvre didn’t really cause any danger to anyone. I did take reg and company name but unsure if to bother reporting or not.
Is it actually legal to overtake as I thought not but not 100% sure to be fair. I just know I wouldn’t.

guess you memorised the reg/company etc as you would be braking the law if you wrote it down when driving or took photo with you phone get a grip :unamused:

Should of know better than to ask opinions on a Saturday night.

Faz5837:
Should of know better than to ask opinions on a Saturday night.

True.

Our continental brothers do it and they have no probs with it :slight_smile: i think its only that uk drivers feel that it is wrong to overtake someone who is f00king about on s/c. I wonder if any supermarket drivers will do 50mph after new years…

if anything overtakes us up hear dan it’s time to clean the crap from under the pedal .

Trucker8oy:
Our continental brothers do it and they have no probs with it :slight_smile: i think its only that uk drivers feel that it is wrong to overtake someone who is f00king about on s/c.

I think it’s only dumbass UK drivers who think that doing the prescribed speed limit is “f00king about”.

I’ve no problem with those that have to crack on, that’s their problem… so long as they dont put me or any other innocents in danger in their bizarre quest to make their bosses richer at their own (potenially great) expense.

Live and let live I say.

ajt:
Would never dream of grassing up another motorist unless they were drink or drug driving.

Hear Hear. I especially detest those “how’s my driving?” stickers companies stick on the back of trailers to try and curry favour with motorists. As covered in another thread they are open to abuse from every nugget on the road who feels his driving is so superior he can grass up someone else for what he feels is poor driving standards. Like they are so faultless. deep breath Sorry,been on the recieving end of one of those phone calls. Boss accepted my version but van $@*& was clearly in the wrong yet felt the need to grass me up like some 12 year old girl

Dan Punchard:
Good job he’s not in Derbyshire hill billy county he’d be overtaken by one a mile !

Aye, pull your mirrors in I’m coming past! I was trickling down Chunal one day loaded Dan and had two laden tippers come flying past me from Buxton, braver men than me! :open_mouth: I could still smell their brakes at Mottram, live and let live.

Pete.

Faz5837:
What’s people’s views on hgv’s overtaking hgv’s on a single carriageway?
This morning I was overtaken by another Hgv on a single carriageway. Was doing the speed limit 40mph and after about 5 miles of truck behind trying to push me to break the limit he overtook having to cross no overtaking markings on the road. To be fair the road was clear and the manoeuvre didn’t really cause any danger to anyone. I did take reg and company name but unsure if to bother reporting or not.
Is it actually legal to overtake as I thought not but not 100% sure to be fair. I just know I wouldn’t.

If you were doing 40 on a single c/way you were driving to the legal limit and fair play to you. If the guy was trying to push ignore him he’s a ■■■■. He then overtook you illegally, if he caused you to swerve, cut you up or caused an accident then it is your concern, however he didn’t so keep your neb out, it ain’t your job or place to take his reg or report him unless you are some kind of self appointed traffic marshall. :unamused:

Contraflow:

Trucker8oy:
Our continental brothers do it and they have no probs with it :slight_smile: i think its only that uk drivers feel that it is wrong to overtake someone who is f00king about on s/c.

I think it’s only dumbass UK drivers who think that doing the prescribed speed limit is “f00king about”.

I’ve no problem with those that have to crack on, that’s their problem… so long as they dont put me or any other innocents in danger in their bizarre quest to make their bosses richer at their own (potenially great) expense…

Couldn’t, agree more, there are far too many bell ends with HGV licenses on the roads today (and evidently also on this forum :unamused: )