Overtaken by a ? ??

Tesco’s driver :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I had finished my last drop in wales & was on my way back to base. I was minding my own buisness driving along the m48 when i noticed a truck in my mirrors coming up behind me. Is that a tescos lorry i thought to myself…nah it cant be. To my astonishment it was. I was on the limiter at 56 & couldnt believe my eyes :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

doubt it was driven by a tesco driver though, agency i guess

Typical of the government, trialling a top secret experiment with a truck disguised as a tescos truck and they make a basic mistake of not getting the speed right.

tyler4164:
Tesco’s driver :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I had finished my last drop in wales & was on my way back to base. I was minding my own buisness driving along the m48 when i noticed a truck in my mirrors coming up behind me. Is that a tescos lorry i thought to myself…nah it cant be. To my astonishment it was. I was on the limiter at 56 & couldnt believe my eyes :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think you are having us on and you were reversing at the time :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ask kindle about his new truck and tescos…

I thought tesco’s were slow because they come down hard on their drivers that speed? if so, surely 56 on a motorway would be fine?

euromat:
ask kindle about his new truck and tescos…

spill the beans Matt!

Axor - probably speed limter broken. :unamused:

I see this alot. I’m normally towing the tesco’s wagons on my wrecker though so they’re not actually doing it under their own steam, lol!

There was a notice in Didcot a few weeks ago about them trialing lowering the speed limiters even further, to 50mph I think it was (52 now I think). Maybe it was a long term hire truck with a tesco sticker on.

It might be the same one that passed me on Thursday when I was coming up from Langdons in Bridgwater,I thought there was something up with my truck :blush: :blush: :blush:

their drivers sit at 50
The dafs sit at 52 on cruise control but are limited to 55/56 same as the mercs
If it was on the limiter it was more likely to be an agency driver. Thats how i tell who is driving. If i pass a tesco truck its a tesco driver, if i can only match his speed its an agency driver

Hope you flashed him in when he overtook you, be childish not to you know :wink:

ive had it done to me once on the m9 - it totally screws with your head so it does - it must of been an agency driver though :sunglasses: , if only they where all doing it :laughing:

tachograph:
Hope you flashed him in when he overtook you, be childish not to you know :wink:

Yes i did flash him in, i do it regardless of the company

are these the same guy’s that sit in front of you at 36/38mph on single track roads,then when it cuts into dual they go flat out so ya can’t pass em… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :exclamation:

I’m coming round to Rog’s idea that cruise control isn’t safe…

…much better having a brick on the loud pedal.

Many moons ago i used to do ayg work for tesco livingston and was reprimanded by a driver for OVERTAKING him(A9)!!!
thought he was kidding , but was deadly serrious , :confused:

I knew i wasnt dreaming when i posted about this in a previous post a few weeks back, everynight on ther M4 at around 10.30pm 11.15pm Between Jct12 - Jct 5 i get overtaken by the same Tesco truck flying past me & i’m on the limiter doing 56 :confused:

andy bilton:
are these the same guy’s that sit in front of you at 36/38mph on single track roads,then when it cuts into dual they go flat out so ya can’t pass em… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :exclamation:

The very same ones mate. !!!
Then they wander why nobody likes them,and come on here crying cos nobody flashes them in after they manage to overtake someone. :imp: :imp: