Overnight in laybys

NUFC are a bunch of knobs who don’t deserve premiership status…(that’s how you do it).

I thought to get Robroy to post you had to go outside strip naked and dance in circles while drinking a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale. :laughing:

muckles:
I thought to get Robroy to post you had to go outside strip naked and dance in circles while drinking a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale. :laughing:

I’m not sure waving a pot belly around is dancing mate! :smiley:

Minger:
let me put it another way then, if you told your partner to overnight in a layby, what would their reply be?

That’s a quite frankly ridiculous analogy. My partner works in car sales, expecting her to kip in a layby would be akin to her asking me to register a new car.

If you’re going to fire for effect then take Eagerbeaver’s advice and at least be a bit more original.

Evil8Beezle:

muckles:

Oh, :frowning: do you think I should apologise to my neighbours then. :blush:

Minger:
let me put it another way then, if you told your partner to overnight in a layby, what would their reply be?

Derek and Bernard will be on soon to say they do, generally in the same lay-by! :open_mouth:

I’ve recently changed jobs where the gaffer don’t pay parking.
This week i’ve parked in the same spot on the same industrial estate every night.
It’s a good job the local take away delivers to the pub.

muckles:

Evil8Beezle:

muckles:

Nah, as long as you were singing like Alan Shearer and shouting Mint at regular interval, I’m sure they’ll have understood…

Minger:

I’m not telling anybody to sleep in a layby, it’s their choice.
Why do you feel the need to get something banned, are you being forced to park in laybys?
One of the reasons we’re in such poor state in this country for overnight parking is to many NIMBY’s wanting trucks banned and official parking areas closed or objecting to new ones being built.

Evil8Beezle:

muckles:

Evil8Beezle:

muckles:

Nah, as long as you were singing like Alan Shearer and shouting Mint at regular interval, I’m sure they’ll have understood…

Fortunately they have a good sense of humour and believe in freedom of choice, unlike some people. :laughing:

Minger:
I reckon parking in laybys or industrial estates should be made illegal- its like saying when you are at home you have to sleep in the garden with no loo,no hot or cold water and no food

Anyway, what’s the real reason for this post?
Is it because you’re scared to go off-piste a little and therefore resent those that find a nice little spot where they can enjoy a pint and good cooked meal that they don’t have to prep or wash up…

Minger:
I reckon parking in laybys or industrial estates should be made illegal- its like saying when you are at home you have to sleep in the garden with no loo,no hot or cold water and no food

I used to enjoy the challenge of finding somewhere remote to park. No trailer swaps or flip flops standing by my cab chain smoking and talking fluent gibberish.

Although the OP lives in fear of sleeping in a truck for those of us that do options are available, yes company policy demands secure parking (my company no longer considers MSA’s as secure), with a bit of forward planning ones evening can be a good one.

I’m fond of truckstops with facilities but have had some good nights elsewhere.

Each to their own etc.

To call Robroy I think the trick is to mention frilly curtains and pelmets and how the connection to such gay accessories is founded in a homo ■■■■■■ man crush on Andy Taylor from Duran Duran… just guessin.

Dipper_Dave:
homo ■■■■■■ man crush on Andy Taylor from Duran Duran… just guessin.

I thought it was Roger Taylor dressing as a school girl in the Queen video? :open_mouth:

Oops my bad, quite right EB, I’m the one with the Andy Taylor bum crush…

Jeeez I didn’t know I had a bloody fan base on here. :sunglasses:
To summon me next time, send Holly Willoughby round in a wet Newcastle shirt. :laughing:

Ok, I’ll bite to the fishing expedition of the o/p. :smiley:
It’s like this mate, if you want to live a work/sleep endurance test type job parking in a ■■■■ MSA with ■■■■ poor facilities, with your stop watch set, to 9 or 11, fill yer boots, but please don’t try and advocate legislation for me to have to do the same. :unamused:

Last night while parked on an ind est at Tiverton, and sat in Wetherspoons eating a Chicken feast meal with 2 pints of John Smiths, and watching the rugby, not once did I think …‘‘Ooh,.I wish I’d parked on the services and paid the thick end of 25 quid to be ripped off, and gone and eaten a ■■■■ Burger King, back to the cab via ■■■■■■■■ rd, to be kept awake by noisy bastds doing c/overs, and away again for another joyous day’’ nah, not once believe it or not. :neutral_face:

As for toilets, I can’t speak for you, but even I aint at the time of life where I’ve lost control of my bowels, so I’m ok on that score thanks.

As for lay bys, I can see your point, but from a different perspective, only ban them in order to set the ball rolling for proper truck park sites.

That’s my thought of the day…fans. :laughing:
:unamused:

Btw Evil, I saw a pic of Roger Taylor’s model daughter the other day…so I rest my case, I saw things back then that others didn’t. :bulb: :smiley:

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:
Btw Evil, I saw a pic of Roger Taylor’s model daughter the other day…so I rest my case, I saw things back then that others didn’t. :bulb: :smiley:

No comment! :open_mouth:

What a load of old ■■■■■■■■, I don’t ever use services, a little quiet industrial estate is perfect for an undisturbed night. I can eat before I get there or go find a takeout.

What’s it got to do with you where i sleep? I actually prefer finding a nice layby well off the road’ just because it’s called tramping… You don’t have to be a tramp!

Plenty of gas, water, food and a bowl to get a strip wash if needs be…You probably don’t agree with 9 hours off as well do you :unamused: